Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby Paul_C » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:46 pm

That's ok - I'm uploading my piece to We Transfer at the moment, so you should get an email in a while (it's wav file, 16mins long 176mb)
Paul_C

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Which Paul just sent me a track called Slouching? I want to put it in the right folder.

Edit: Nevermind. I guessed it's Paul C.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Paul_C wrote:That's ok - I'm uploading my piece to We Transfer at the moment, so you should get an email in a while (it's wav file, 16mins long 176mb)


Ooh, eager to check it out but I think I'm going to avoid listening to anyone else's "finished" track until my own is done.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Location: T.O.

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:I think I'm going to avoid listening to anyone else's "finished" track until my own is done.

I definitely will be doing this.
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 9108
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 pm

I understand completely, but until someone does listen does it even exist ?
Paul_C

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:54 pm

:idk:
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://facebook.com/mediocrisyband/
https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 9108
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby moid » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:30 pm

I've just finished our song for the compilation and I've sent it to Shikawkee. We used tracks from Coldbrightsunlight, JM Charcot and ProcarstenNation, plus a couple of our tracks, and then recorded an additional guitar part to go over the top of everything in some places... I can submit that file as well if anyone needs more guitar stuff from me! I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else is going to create; I'm going to wait until they are all ready though.
moid

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 6:35 pm

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby ProCarsteNation » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:26 pm

allrighty, I checked out the first row of folders, some damn fine material
very hard to choose, but I picked some from each
looking forward to putting together a final pool and put something together...

also my own folder is now complete with three stems that were previously missing...


and now there's TWO finished tracks already?
you magnificent bastards!
But I too will probably delay listening to them
at least until mine is finished
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 10:51 am
Location: D-Tal, Germany

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Picked some tracks from everyone today. Set up a session and tweaked levels and sent it all to my tape machine on two tracks. Gonna' mess it up now with some pedals by the weekend and mix that. Should have a final track for the comp by next week.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby Dowi » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:04 am

shikawkee wrote:Picked some tracks from everyone today. Set up a session and tweaked levels and sent it all to my tape machine on two tracks. Gonna' mess it up now with some pedals by the weekend and mix that. Should have a final track for the comp by next week.


:drool: :love:

fwiw all I can say is that tonight I'm gonna have the time to download some tracks and hopefully start to mess around with them a bit.
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:30 pm

Fuck, I need to get on this! I've got tomorrow and all of next week off though so I had better find some time
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 4313
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby shikawkee » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:42 pm

Put my finished track up. Not entirely happy with it but two days is all I can spend on it right now.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:17 am

shikawkee wrote:Put my finished track up. Not entirely happy with it but two days is all I can spend on it right now.



Nice :) :joy:
Paul_C

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm
Location: Northampton UK

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:47 pm

MrNovember wrote:Fuck, I need to get on this! I've got tomorrow and all of next week off though so I had better find some time


I've still just been listening to stuff while out walking, letting my ears find sounds I like. I was out strolling on a bridge that goes over Allen Road and the subway tracks and your bass feedback track was rumbling in my ears right as a train passed underneath me, and I involuntarily stepped back as the sounds meshed so perfectly with the slither of the train below me.

Shikawkee, one of your longer, buzzier tracks turned out to sound really sympatico with the cicadas when I was strolling another time.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Location: T.O.

Re: Okta - ILF collaborative ambient/drone project

Postby shikawkee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:46 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Fuck, I need to get on this! I've got tomorrow and all of next week off though so I had better find some time


I've still just been listening to stuff while out walking, letting my ears find sounds I like. I was out strolling on a bridge that goes over Allen Road and the subway tracks and your bass feedback track was rumbling in my ears right as a train passed underneath me, and I involuntarily stepped back as the sounds meshed so perfectly with the slither of the train below me.

Shikawkee, one of your longer, buzzier tracks turned out to sound really sympatico with the cicadas when I was strolling another time.


That's what I'm going for, communicating with cicadas (or aliens; I'm not sure).
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 am
Location: Music City, USA

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.