YouTube tags

Moderator: Ghost Hip

YouTube tags

Postby Paul_C » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:02 am

I haven't bothered up until now, partly because I'm not really sure what tag/s I would use.

Any suggestions ? (no-one has to go to YouTube to listen, I'm not asking so as to get more views ;) )

It's essentially me making weird noises with pedals mixed with other noises, and very few are particularly "musical" :)

Ambient (occasionally) noise (often) - anything else ?
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: YouTube tags

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 am

for more exposure people list paragraphs of words ....ambient,experimental,new wave ect.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:16 am

Yeah, my problem is that I started out with the intention of telling no-one and just throwing stuff out there.

Currently I've got to the point of posting each video here, a UK guitar forum and on FB and I'm satisfied with that, especially if I reach the magic number of 10 views :)

Despite that, there's a little voice telling me I'd be even more satisfied if they reached a wider audience and suggesting adding tags, but to be honest I don't really believe that even twenty views will really make me happy ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:26 am

fb can be a quick auto gratification being you can control who sees what...I make crap vids from my cellphone as a kinda personal "this is what pedals you had" log, never tag it, but when I uploaded recorded stuff and added tags, randomness of individuals leaving comments, pms...pretty funny. had couple people who arent into "noise" comment static helps them sleep, ha.
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:52 am

I had a friend watch one and ask me "why ??"

So the next one I did was called Why?? and since then he's liked a few of them :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:48 pm

Tagging specific pedal names that are prominent in each piece might not get heaps of views, but might be nice for someone curious about what kinds of noises those pedals can make, and a welcome relief from the blues dads demo videos.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
duo (electroacoustic vibration exploration): https://wenderlypark.bandcamp.com/
trio (tapes/voice/clarinet/synth/poems): https://ourwaytofall.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/

I also help co-ordinate Okta, ILF's collaborative community ambient project: https://okta.bandcamp.com
Heraclitus Akimbo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Heh - my only problem with that, excellent suggestion though it is, is that I rarely remember what I was playing on any given bit ;)

Part of my method of working has been to deliberately leave very little behind - I've got raw wav files (which I record while noodling and/or twiddling knobs) which I chop up and mix with other files, odd noises, stuff found on the net etc. and once I've finished it's exported to MP3 (again deliberately, to annoy any MP3 snobs ;) ) and the project deleted without saving so I can't tinker with it. Then I grab an image, mess with it briefly in Paint Shop Pro 7.0 and throw the two together with Windows Movie Maker (free with my copy of Windows Vista ;) ) then straight up on YouTube.

So while I've got a vague idea, unless it the Miku or something like the Ghost Fax (which is all over lots of my recordings) I'm rarely certain of anything - which is just how I like it.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:23 pm

No need to tag. Just have fun.

Just leave it be and keep doing what you're doing. People will find it.

Thought I was subscribed, but wasn't. Subscribed.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Music