All the new Thou material.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

All the new Thou material.

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:05 am

So, three EPs and a full length coming out this summer.

Haven't listened to any of them yet but two of them are already streaming so go check them out on band camp or spotify or YouTube or buy some vinyl of the first one.

Anyway stooooooked!
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: All the new Thou material.

Postby Jwar » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:30 am

I dug it until the vocals came in. Just being honest. Reminds me too much of Cradle of Filth and I really dislike them. I feel like this band could stand heavy vocals but would sound better with a deeper toned voice that wasn't as screechy. If that makes sense.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:05 am

Yeah I definitely agree that the vocals can be a deal breaker for some people. They're a bit like The Body in that regard.

Of course, I love both Thou and The Body (and when they're playing together it's even better). Only really like Cradle of Filth for that great Misfits cover they have.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:51 pm

I went to see these guys once and we had a couple handles of Evan Williams in my friends van and there was a shuffleboard court at this pizza place right beside the venue so I see them pull up and I was like "hey bros we got whiskey and pizza and were getting drunk and playing shuffleboard come hang out" and they gave me a lecture about how they are straightedge and I shouldn't be doing that.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:52 pm

They played with Bastard Noise and Pig Heart Transplant and after those great sets I left after 5 minutes. Right about when they broke into the Nirvana cover. Hard pass. I’ve bought their albums before, same thing.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:11 am

Sorry no need for me to be so negative. I hope you all enjoy!
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:43 am

SPACERITUAL wrote:they gave me a lecture about how they are straightedge and I shouldn't be doing that.

is shuffleboard not straightedge?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:26 am

This band is fucking great. Saw them play with The Body as part of their colllab a few years ago and it was awesome.

It’s cool seeing all this shit released. That’s a lot of outputnfor a band in a year. Absolute unit.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby SPACERITUAL » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:53 am

gnomethrone wrote:
SPACERITUAL wrote:they gave me a lecture about how they are straightedge and I shouldn't be doing that.

is shuffleboard not straightedge?

Bro shuffleboard is a gateway to all kinds of fucked up shit.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:55 pm

The Something in the Way cover is actually pretty badass from what I'm hearing. I could dig them if they did stuff like this. The screaming vocals don't seem quite as harsh in that cover.

Also, LOL about the lecture. That's awesome.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:01 pm

I listened to both the EPs that are on spotify today. "Inconsolable" really caught me off guard. I thought I had put on a different band called Thou or something :lol: I don't wanna say to much and spoil the surprise but that one's gonna be getting a lot of plays from me this summer. The House Primordial is unmistakably them but maybe they've learned a few tricks from their buddies The Body? I cant believe they have even more stuff to release soon.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:30 am

I really dig the house primordial ep, the first song made me think of khanate the first time I heard it. I'm looking forward to hearing the other 3 releases. Also I feel like the vocals on that release sit in the mix better than they did on heathen. I liked heathen but the vocals were way to loud imo.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby misterstomach » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:34 pm

SPACERITUAL wrote:I went to see these guys once and we had a couple handles of Evan Williams in my friends van and there was a shuffleboard court at this pizza place right beside the venue so I see them pull up and I was like "hey bros we got whiskey and pizza and were getting drunk and playing shuffleboard come hang out" and they gave me a lecture about how they are straightedge and I shouldn't be doing that.

Is this really how this went down? I like a good story, but I'm not sure I buy this one. Maybe. But those guys are my homies. Only one is "straight edge"(does anyone my age still use that term?) and he's not really the lecturing type of straight edge. The other dudes are definitely not. But I guess I could see them saying whatever to people they don't feel like hanging with. I'm gonna assume they don't like shuffleboard.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:10 am

I mean it's spacey it could be either.

They killed it at this year's roadburn, though. They played London like the next week and the new material sounded pretty Rad, but I was still coming down from their set with The Body.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:37 pm

Yeah I'm stoked for all the new Thou stuff. New EP is pretty great.

As far as their covers go, I can see how they can be polarizing. Their cover of The Chain on KEXP with The Body is rad though
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to Music