New Sleep record chit chat

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New Sleep record chit chat

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Shrinebuilder was fucking great.

Pike's solos are fucking ridiculous on this one.

The D'Andrea Om shit was so good. I need a replacement shirt from that tour as well.

Look, they missed a lot of years touring and producing content together at their aphelion. They would have crushed everything in their path and there may not have been Stoner/Doom in the abundance as we know it. They may have created the thirst for Sabbatian Gospel by disbanding, or at least intensified it. Can anyone really blame them for cashing in on that when a) they own that fucking territory and b) they've toiled so hard in other bands that are, in their own right, fucking amazing, and have probably not gotten the recognition (and $$$) that they deserve?

More to the point, who the fuck is listening to Sleep for lyrical content?
It is not the brutal D&D, cryptic, conspiratorial, sci-fi lovefest of HoF.
It is not the oblique and cerebral metaphysical mantra of Om.
It has always been a little Dada-esque and trip into juvenile mythologies of unhip.
Who cares?
If you tell me Giza Butler is sub par because of Al's singing, prepare to be destroyed because that song is like somebody just turned fucking groove into a critical building block of the universe.

This times a fucking 100. four listens in since it dropped, still just as enamored with it as I was on 4/20. Its like holy mountain but with better audio quality and a baby version of Dopesmoker in Antarcticans Thawed. I'm so fucking pumped to see them in June.

Also Matt Pike is god, fight me. :snax: :zen: :doom:
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:22 pm

I'm on the same page as most of the people who were disappointed with it, but I also didn't have huge expectations for it given my experience with their live show. Not bad, just not what I expected. Thou opened for them, which I really enjoyed, but my hyped buddy did nothing but shit on how boring he thought their set was and how great Sleep's was. Almost reinforced my opinion, strangely. I don't mind Al's vocals at all, but I've never cared for how his Om vocals sounded in Sleep songs, and would have preferred to hear them more processed or textured on this new record.

Despite it not being mindblowing for me, I think there's merit in the album; I wished there had been more structural changes as a whole, which made me appreciate The Botanist more. Production was great.

Also relate to not wanting to step in anyone's cornflakes. I sort of hate having a contrarian opinion. Plus it's a weird way to eat cornflakes.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby Jwar » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:49 pm

Now Al needs to put out a new OM album. Seriously. Please.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby retinal orbita » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 pm

I’ve played this a dozen times since 4/20. Probably the most exciting album in the last decade for me. Great riffs, amazing solos, fantastic bass playing, riffs, riffs, riffs. It’s got a real Vol. 4/SBS vibe to some of it. Can’t wait for my orde to arrive from TMR and get an actual physical copy.

Really happy that this dropped out of nowhere too. Great gimmick, and I don’t even smoke weed!
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 am

My record store MIGHT be getting some limited's in. Their shipment for some reason got fucked up and didn't get there on release. So there's a possibility they are getting those in. They told me to call Friday. I mostly want one out of spite for the people who are already selling them. I do that with pedals, and I get it's basically the same idea, but with music, it upsets me more. Guess I'm a hypocrite? LOL

Anyway, even though it's not my absolute favorite album, I do dig it and want a copy. So, I'll get something regardless.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Yea seeems like he shipments didnt happen on ime everywhere. My store didnt get ours in until tuesday, and we dont even carry the alt cover version.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm hoping for one of the alt versions. I'd buy both if they are there. If not, I'll pick up the regular version.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:12 pm

So, my record store is a bunch of morons and wasted my time. They aren’t even getting the normal vinyl, let alone the alts. I’m so disappointed. They could have checked their order prior to leading me on. Dude even told me “don’t worry there is still hope”. Ugh.

I was hoping for the green one but they are already double or more in price. Ridiculous.

If anyone happens upon a lead on one or knows someone that isn’t sold out, I’d love a heads up. Super disappointed.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:So, my record store is a bunch of morons and wasted my time. They aren’t even getting the normal vinyl, let alone the alts. I’m so disappointed. They could have checked their order prior to leading me on. Dude even told me “don’t worry there is still hope”. Ugh.

I was hoping for the green one but they are already double or more in price. Ridiculous.

If anyone happens upon a lead on one or knows someone that isn’t sold out, I’d love a heads up. Super disappointed.

I was gonna link you to my stores webstore but we're sold out online. :(

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:09 pm

We did have a bunch in store but idk how hard it would be for you to get to california like now. :lol:

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 pm

BitchPudding wrote:We did have a bunch in store but idk how hard it would be for you to get to california like now. :lol:

I’ll send you money to buy it for me!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:49 pm

Clear violation of Record Store Employee- Client privilege.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Clear violation of Record Store Employee- Client privilege.

Shut your whore mouth!!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:34 am

Pay me to.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:49 am

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:We did have a bunch in store but idk how hard it would be for you to get to california like now. :lol:

I’ll send you money to buy it for me!

Unfortunately when i checked our metal section it was all gone. Im surprised, we had so many on tuesday. :eek:

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music