Call for submissions - cassette compilation

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Call for submissions - cassette compilation

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:52 am

Call for submissions:

Hey everyone, hope this ok to post here feel free to tell me to get bent if not.
I've not been very active here for a few months as I'm launching a cassette label at the start of may with a friend and have been busy with all that jazz. Our third release is going to be a weirdo esoteric electronics compilation.
We have 7 tracks already from different artists including Weinglas, Hainbach, Hajimmie and more.... we're looking for 3/4 more tracks to complete the collection.
Anything instrumental with wonky rhythms and/or off key melodies welcome. Think pedal experiments / ciat lonbarde / metasonix / count to 5 / particle / buchla / make noise / drum machines through pedals / multiple delays etc.
I would say harsh noise, very minimal drones and super fast idm or dancefloor tunes aren't really fitting with the stuff we have so far but by all means please submit anything you feel like as these terms are all very subjective! I'm sure most here know Hainbach's music anyway so that's a good reference point. Weinglas' track is an ammo can drone commander syncing a metasonix d1000 spitting out all sort of snarls and farts drenched in reverb.

I'm posting here rather than muffs because you guys tend to get on this vibe a whole load more to my taste! I know it's not necessarily a guitar based request so my apologies for that. (P.s. I'm not saying no guitars!)

One note - we are a non for profit label selling the tapes at cost and not really looking for world domination, as such we can't pay contributors but should be able to send you a copy! Digital release will be pay what you want.

Please pm me if interested! Or just shoot a submission straight to 0premail@gmail.com with your ilf username and artist name/track title.

Cheers :-)
Attachments
0pr.PNG
0pr.PNG (270.23 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
Last edited by chrisdermo on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Call for submissions - cassette compilation

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 am

Sweet deal Chris! Stoked to hear the end result.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 am

D.o.S. wrote:Sweet deal Chris! Stoked to hear the end result.

Me too!

We've actually got a Bugbrand compilation series in the pipeline too, seeing as the only community for Bugbrand is over on muffs I put up a similar submissions request there with the one stipulation being all sound sources and manipulators had to be Bugbrand. I've had 18 submissions for that so far and will probably end up having to split into 2 volumes as it's edging over 90mins total as we speak!

Our first 2 releases are at the manufacturers now... nervously exciting times!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:00 am

Glad to see you got Hainbach on board :thumb:

Good luck on your adventure.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 am

Ugly Nora wrote:Glad to see you got Hainbach on board :thumb:

Good luck on your adventure.

Thanks Nora!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby aen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Fuck yeah, expect an submission from meeeeeeee
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 am

aen wrote:Fuck yeah, expect an submission from meeeeeeee

Yes!!
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oscillateur » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:00 am

Looks good :).
What duration of tracks are you looking for and should it already be kinda mastered/etc. or would that be handled by someone ?
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:16 am

oscillateur wrote:Looks good :).
What duration of tracks are you looking for and should it already be kinda mastered/etc. or would that be handled by someone ?

Good question - preferably 5mins or below.....

I was going to master the comp myself (my day job) but I'm trying to be pretty hands off with this stuff, some of our releases are pretty lo-fi and I'm just trying to preserve the original sonics, warts and all, and bringing up the levels to match each other. So if you tend to like quite a heavily compressed master it would be best to at least partially do that yourself before sending, or send both with and without compression? I will brickwall all the tracks to some extent.
Speaking personally this label venture is kind of a relief / rejection of my day job which I take very seriously, but that strict mindset was preventing me from being creative at home for a good few years and returning to a more lo-fi "experimental" approach has been a catalyst for my productivity in creating and enjoying music at home, so trying to keep that up and not get too anal or crazy about masters.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm

For anyone interested - this compilation was released today along with two others -
http://0prmusic.bandcamp.com

Free download as always.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Music