Music Goals 2018

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Music Goals 2018

Postby ognoy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:37 am

the raytownian wrote:I want to find a soulmate who has the same ambitions as I have to become a co-dependent harsh noise hermit living in the wastelands of rural MS. I want to be the Jenny to his Masami. I want us to have a house together. Somewhere far away from people, with an army of cats and a room full of gear in which we have hideous noise-sex on the regular. I want us to design and build pedals together. I want us to plant a garden and forage wild berries and eat cow shit-infused pond fish. I want us to raise goats and chickens and drink homemade sugar-booze and make trips every month or so into the city to see a shitty movie or eat some shitty Chinese food, because doing things together is how relationships stay strong.

I want this all to happen before the year is up.

Best one yet! I'll cross my fingers and wish you luck! ;)
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:15 pm

Paul_C wrote:I'm aiming to continue making strange recordings, possibly under different names, and putting them out on YouTube without really bothering to tell anyone - nobody's that bothered and it means that all I have to worry about is pleasing myself :)

+1 this is my release plan for 2018 too
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby phantasmagorovich » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:04 am

the raytownian wrote:I want to find a soulmate who has the same ambitions as I have to become a co-dependent harsh noise hermit living in the wastelands of rural MS. I want to be the Jenny to his Masami. I want us to have a house together. Somewhere far away from people, with an army of cats and a room full of gear in which we have hideous noise-sex on the regular. I want us to design and build pedals together. I want us to plant a garden and forage wild berries and eat cow shit-infused pond fish. I want us to raise goats and chickens and drink homemade sugar-booze and make trips every month or so into the city to see a shitty movie or eat some shitty Chinese food, because doing things together is how relationships stay strong.

I want this all to happen before the year is up.

You go get that noisy soulmate!
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby the raytownian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

ognoy wrote:Best one yet! I'll cross my fingers and wish you luck! ;)

phantasmagorovich wrote:You go get that noisy soulmate!

:*
Y'all are sweet, but I'm not getting my hopes up. :lol:
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:20 pm

29% into the year check in.

I have not harnessed my ki as hoped, but at least I've been actively trying to make music every day. I feel estranged from guitar and we are just having awkward catching-up hangouts and aren't sure if we have anything in common anymore. So instead I've been making beats, recording improvisations (re: noodling), making patches. Just busywork, but it's better than nothing I think.

How have you all been doing?
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Good bump.

Things are right on track for me as planned. Curious to hear how others are making out as well.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:44 pm

i haven't made a whole lot of progress...rather than keep working in GarageBand i decided i want to get into Logic Pro X so i can really use plug-ins and advanced features. but i keep on pissing away the funds i need to buy the software on t-shirts, obscure shoegaze CDs, and concert tickets. i'm hoping to get the software when my tax refund comes in, which should be shortly since i filed and will get paid electronically. once that's sorted i have two projects: one is recording songs i wrote in the 80s/90s, and the other is full-on 'gaze which i still have to write. i'm really looking forward to programming drums because i love being able to micro-adjust accents and beats, and it'll be particularly nice because i'll be able to use better-quality samples. the one thing i dread is doing vocals since i'm going to be recording in my living room and everybody in the building will be able to hear me. i'm going to do the old stuff first because the instrumentation will be more clean and 70s so it'll be easier...when i get to the new stuff i'm going to have to do a lot of sonic manipulation. by fall i want to get a fretted P-Bass to supplement my fretless Jazz Bass, a Squier Jazzmaster, and hopefully one of the Behringer Mini-Moog clones. i'm going to have a lot of learning curve to deal with, but it'll keep me from getting bored.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby ognoy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:58 am

ognoy wrote:Wrap up the Solstorm-album we've been working since March last year(90% done), find someone to release it and tour after release.

And I want to record and release a new solo album.

And I just started a new project with a trumpet player.
So I want to work with that and make some sweet music and play live. We might add a drummer. We'll see.

Still not done with the Solstorm-album, but progress is being made.

The new band with the trumpet player has added a drummer and it kills. We have done 1 gig and will do another one in 10 days.

Have not been working on any solo material yet, but I got some ideas I want to try out when I got the time.

One thing I didn't write in this thread, just the gear goals thread, is to get better at recording and mixing. And I've been working a lot with that. Have done to sessions with friends bands in our studio, and I've been learning a lot by doing that. :D
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:25 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Definitely respect the back to basics approach! :thumb:

As for me, lots!

- Release more from my solo project (future music will probably be more electronic-y). I have some tunes that are mostly written and partly recorded so I really want to get back to those, finish them and add more probably.

- progress with internet metal band (this has been slow going due to the hassles of internet banditry but I'd like to get something down).

- play shows and record with one or both of my IRL bands.

- release a split with a mysterious other ILFer??

Other than bands and recording I want to improve my bass playing fundamentals again and continue re-learning how to read/write music.

One IRL band isn't going great because we lost a member and we're going to lose another. :grumpy: Auditioning people now which kind of sucks. The other is starting to get some recordings together but we've been bad about practicing as of late.

Internet metal band is.. progressing, just very slowly. We all need to collectively get off our collective ass.

Solo project recording is actually going ok! Probably roughly on track for where I wanted to be with that.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dungus » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 am

Literally cannot find a singer fucking anywhere who wants to sing on my album and likes the same music as me or at least sings in a way I like crryyyyy
Last edited by Dungus on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:47 pm

I am slowly working towards a longer something that I don't think is complete shit and have plans for at least one split in the works, which is a nice reminder not to just bin everything and start knitting or something.

Progress with internet metal band remains very back burnered by life, the universe, and my fat untrained lazy fingers. :( :lol:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:53 pm

the Douglas Adams novel we never knew we needed.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 am

How's everyone going with their goals?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby friendship » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:10 am

Not much has changed since my April update. Still recording various little things but nothing is grabbing me so I haven't developed anything. Still feel alienated from the guitar.

I've been watching a lot of music theory videos to try to expand my skills, since I think it's likely that I've stagnated from not learning anything new recently. I'm very dumb so it's taking me a while to digest the stuff. I'm trying to rationalize my lack of productivity by thinking of this time as a gestation period. The other obstacle is I'm getting older and I'm tired all the time and I don't have much motivation to make music. Watching Netflix and drinking beer is just so much easier, and no one cares whether or not I make music, so it's been getting easier and easier to say "fuck it." But ultimately that's frustrating, because working on music gives my life purpose and meaning.

So I'm just hoping that if I bombard myself with new ideas I will eventually want to try those ideas and maybe that will get something going.
sound journal

friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:03 am

bennroe wrote:For the band that's been slowly getting its shit together over the last two and a half years:
1) Find a cellist.
2) Write lyrics/vocals for otherwise written songs.
3) Start playing shows.
4) Record something.

Well, I'm 0 for 4, but I do have two leads on violinists, and items 2 and 3 still seem very likely to pan out this year. Also, my pedalboard's shaping up and the partscaster project is going fine. Recording will almost certainly have to wait until next year, though.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Music