Music Goals 2018

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Music Goals 2018

Postby friendship » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:05 pm

What would you like to do in 2018? What kind of music would you like to play/learn? What do you want to write, if you write? Is there a band you'd like to play in? What do you want for your current band, if you have one, to achieve?

I finished a three album genre project last year and now I'm not sure what to do, so I think I want to get back to the basics and focus on fundamentals. I put my electric guitars in their cases and put new strings on my classical. I have no idea what music will come from this, but I'm hoping by harnessing my ki the Trve Path forward will reveal itself.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Music Goals 2018

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Definitely respect the back to basics approach! :thumb:

As for me, lots!

- Release more from my solo project (future music will probably be more electronic-y). I have some tunes that are mostly written and partly recorded so I really want to get back to those, finish them and add more probably.

- progress with internet metal band (this has been slow going due to the hassles of internet banditry but I'd like to get something down).

- play shows and record with one or both of my IRL bands.

- release a split with a mysterious other ILFer??

Other than bands and recording I want to improve my bass playing fundamentals again and continue re-learning how to read/write music.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 pm

- Record a new iRerror album with Kent dearest.
- Play a couple of gigs.
- Keep on minimalizing my setup, cut excess fat.
- Watch the cult of Oscillo grow into a crazed internet phenomenon.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am

Make music that sucks less/further disguise my innate lack of ability with loud little boxes.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 am

Just to play, write and record at least semi-regularly this year. Last year was pretty much a hiatus from music for me, for the most part. We had our big move in January, all my gear was in storage in another state until late spring, then it was packed in boxes, then we had a new baby and I had a new job...and I just didn't really play that much at all for 2017. I jammed with other people 3 times (different people each time), I played for 5-10 minutes at a time here and there. I never wrote anything to speak of, didn't record any new gear demos, which I was doing a lot of in previous years.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Been planning this year for a while now.
Time to actually start playing shows on my own and to stop finding a billion excuses not to. If anyone in this part of the world/Michigan/NY wants to do something, lmk.
Otherwise, finish writing my next album and at least make a good start on recording it. It's a two piece album so if I can get the first and most difficult half of recording out of the way this year, that would be great.
And finally, to properly learn how to read sheet music in a way that doesn't take me forever.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Repair and hook my assorted obsolete gear up for the first time in like 2 years and make the neighbors across the street leave me weird McChurch DVDs in the mailbox again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:30 pm

now that i have a USB interface, i want to get up to date on the new GarageBand features and write/record at least a few songs.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby kbit » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

Forge a regular musical partnership with somebody. Write more pieces/songs. Play live a bunch. Deepen my understanding of polyrhthms and harmony. Record more.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

Play less, release less.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby voerking » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

i left the full time band i had been in for the past six years as of the end of 2017.
i'm actually looking forward to playing live *less* this year.
i'm also hoping to get some less formal (as in, not necessarily practicing multiple times a week) projects in motion.
I like the idea of being more selective & more adaptable, musically.

basically, i'm sick of doing the same thing all the time & want some new musical adventures (as long as they don't take over my life).
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Play less, release less.

sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm

voerking wrote:i left the full time band i had been in for the past six years as of the end of 2017.
i'm actually looking forward to playing live *less* this year.
i'm also hoping to get some less formal (as in, not necessarily practicing multiple times a week) projects in motion.
I like the idea of being more selective & more adaptable, musically.

basically, i'm sick of doing the same thing all the time & want some new musical adventures (as long as they don't take over my life).

Being in a band for 6 years and only putting out 5 songs has got to be pretty taxing, but at least those 5 songs were fucking killer :thumb:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Learn more theory so I can more effectively make noise.

Write some less noisy music.

Play shows and record with my noisy band.

Learn to yell into a mic for a half hour without blowing out my voice.

Get over my musical Imposter Syndrome
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 am

Stuff
Things
More stuff
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS