Um, when did this happen? (AKA "the original D v. R LP")

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Um, when did this happen? (AKA "the original D v. R LP")

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Last edited by Chankgeez on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: Um, when did this happen?

Postby Paul_C » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Google suggests it was two days ago.
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 pm

:lol: I am not to be taken so literally.

So, you think they're jumpin' on the Discogs train? :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Can't wait to add in a Nirvana record to the cart and then a "suggested" DS-1 also added in automatically.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:44 pm

Oh sweet here comes the 'Artist LP Shops'...Which to be fair would actually have been a huge time saver when I combed through my favorite band's interviews to see their influences so I digress :lol:
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Oh sweet here comes the 'Artist LP Shops'...Which to be fair would actually have been a huge time saver when I combed through my favorite band's interviews to see their influences so I digress :lol:

I was mildly excited by this...and you brought me crashing back down to terrible reality.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Should be pretty cool once more people start selling on there. Ive never used Discogs cause I'm a super casual vinyl person, but how does the interface compare?
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I'm wondering more how the pricing is gonna differ (if at all).

I haven't really taken the time yet to look over the new Reverb LP. I've been noticing more and more people trying to sell music and music memorabilia on Reverb though. I wonder if this's their attempt to curb that and segregate the music to a different part of the site altogether.

I think I'll always like Discogs better just because of the discographical information. We'll see how this Reverb LP thing pans out though. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:42 pm

Chankgeez wrote: :lol: I am not to be taken so literally.

So am I meant to take that literally, or not ?

Hmmm. . .

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:57 pm

It is going to be really hard to get people to move over from discogs, and how many people are going to want to manage two inventories? As a long time discogs seller and buyer, not me. Not even a chance. For selling AND buying.

I won't sell pedals on Kijiji any more and I only use reverb, but I don't see myself moving to reverb LP ever unless..... I can't think of a single reason why.

Maybe this shows my loyalty but if discogs started the option to sell effects I would consider that over reverb.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Are the prices good on Discogs? Haven't bought used vinyl online before actually and there's a few things I'm looking for.
Also Chank:
I just looked a little closer, is your avatar a Gnome?
:animal:
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:39 pm

I think the prices on Discogs depend on the individual seller.

(Yes, gnomethrone, you know I like gnomes. :D https://www.ottmar-hoerl.de/de/shop/art ... Sponti.php )
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 pm

I buy one record on Discogs each week.

It's easy to sort by currency and price to find a good deal.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 am

wow...the other day im pacing around thinking how the hell can I sell some vinyls cuz im desperate to pay off something, and fuck ebay.. so was wishing reverb would do something like this.....wooo....discogs is great too, just havent looked into selling on there yet...selling/shipping vinyls is totally different than a pedal flip..I feel..gotta be done perfectly or else "it was more vg and not vg+" pride myself on great packaging when shipping, so gotta get all the right sized cardboard what have you's before I start. fascinating.
I think I'll always like Discogs better just because of the discographical information.

always was able to find "rare" stuff (according to ebay sellers) for awesome prices on Discogs tis great, sellers always been super helpful.
...sooo an 8% fee on discogs...no clue....gonna try them first. been forever since I logged on to there.... :!!!:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby reckon luck » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:26 pm

It'll be hard for Reverb LP to ever get the kind of traffic that places like Ebay and Discogs get, methinks.

Ebay can be fun if you have something rare and crazy people get into a bidding war. Years back I listed a 7" for $20 / $50 BIN, ended up going for ~$250 when the dust settled. That was a good day.
reckon luck

committed
committed

Next

Return to Music