· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Your band, other bands, singers, songwriters, more.
Post a reply

Re: Open Source ILF Collab Vol. 2

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:22 am

Oh :snax:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:45 am

Sent my 2 samples in. One as the main, and one as a backup in case we do 2.

Much hype for this shindig.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:48 am

Wait, are we supposed to send the sample[s] already ?
I was waiting for a timeline and detailed info for all that.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:51 am

Nah, Just had some rare free time. So I took advantage. There is the basic info ready though
D.o.S. wrote:As for the nuts and bolts, they'll be the same as last year.

Nuts and Bolts
1-Each participant should ideally contribute 1-2 samples that will get compiled, zipped up, and shared with everyone involved with the project once all the sounds are submitted.
2- You can do whatever the fuck you want to the samples after you receive them, but the pieces should be comprised of just sounds derived from the common pool. i.e. don't take someone's sample and then write your own song that features 1-2 of the noises submitted, ya dig?
3- Formatting: WAV or AIIF is best, depending on if you're a Mac person or a PC person. They're both lossless, and they're easily interchanged without a noticeable loss in quality
4- If people are down, the project goes off without any massive hitches, and everyone involved submits something, this will almost entirely be a free digital release with no plans on my end for physical copies (and subsequently no cost to obtain or contribute). That's subject to change, of course, but it seems like the easiest and most painless way to do it. Any sort of sequencing/mastering/artwork/so on will be tackled at the appropriate time.
5- contact info. I've set up a project email for this, you can send samples here: ilovefuzzopensource@gmail.com. That is also the address that will be sending these out, so please hit it up with an email that you check.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:06 am

oscillateur wrote:Wait, are we supposed to send the sample[s] already ?
I was waiting for a timeline and detailed info for all that.

Yeah sorry no timeline yet.

Let's close the entries and have folks send 1-2 samples in by December 20?

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:30 pm

delet
Last edited by BitchPudding on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:53 am

BitchPudding wrote:
Only question I have is if I can sing over whatever I make. Yes or no doesnt matter to me just wanna know in advance.

All sounds in the finished piece have to be from the samples. :)

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:32 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:
Only question I have is if I can sing over whatever I make. Yes or no doesnt matter to me just wanna know in advance.

All sounds in the finished piece have to be from the samples. :)

So you'll have to sing in advance and contribute that as your sample.
then build the backing track for your vocals out of the other samples: voila!

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:48 am

Samples sent! :!!!:

Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Just sent our samples! My son is on one channel and I'm on the other - we just improvised around a scale and then threw tons of effects pedals on top. Hope it works for everyone, we're looking forward to hearing everyone else's creations!

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:05 pm

Oh sweet:
this collab had me working in Audiomulch again
:!!!:
First sample uploading to wetransfer as I type this

are we doing two each?
Will we get teasers/previews of the incoming sounds by way of reading DOSmasters first impressions here?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:43 pm

I think we are supposed to do one sample, but my son and I played into one channel each of a stereo WAV so we kind of hope that'll be allowed... the two channels are meant to be played together and are harmonious with each other, but as they are separate people will be able to to use one or both as they wish. And I assumed that most people would record in stereo?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 pm

I need to record/prepare mine this week.
I've got a really nice rhythmic field recording but I probably would like to add something else...

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

I was about to submit my samples. Sort of plain compared to what everyone else is talking about doing. I just figured we will be manipulating these for the composition so I didn't need to work with these samples. Maybe I am doing it "wrong" by sending raw recordings.

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Nope, raw recordings sounds fantastic. Very useful
Post a reply