Malcolm Young dead

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Malcolm Young dead

Postby adamajah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:31 pm

That's not entirely true if you go back far enough in their catalogue where stuff sounds a little rowdier, but even in the sense that it is true, that's one of the things that I always loved about AC/DC. Some bands do one thing so damn well I don't want them to evolve. Motorhead etc

I'm also in awe of bands that constantly evolve and everything they do is rad.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Their stuff pretty much does sound all the same but I agree that the Bon Scott stuff is slightly less awful.

When I saw them in the 80s, when Angus did a solo sitting on Brian's shoulders and they walked through the crowd, that solo was dubbed/not played live.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:...when Angus did a solo sitting on Brian's shoulders and they walked through the crowd, that solo was dubbed/not played live.

wow that sounds horrible.. hah.. they def serve up a big helping of cheese
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby retinal orbita » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:13 pm

I'd be hard pressed to think of a band who is more exciting playing raw, rock n' roll. The band are just off the hook great consistently. When my wife and I got married our wedding song was "Love At First Feel". I can't think of a single song I dislike. Even was a "too cool for everything punk" in my teens I could still crush a few beers with the lads and crank some AC/DC.

Dementia is a real bad trip. Hope that he and his family are finding some peace.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Music