ENDON

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: ENDON

Postby aens_wife » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:29 pm

We just saw them in Mpls last month. I did wear earplugs and was so fucking glad I had them. It was a physical experience. This might be controversial but I thought their set was better than Boris'.
aens_wife

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Nah I agree. Different animals in a sense, but super viseral. I dig that their singer did Akuma No Uta with them too! Gets me hopefull for a collab of some kind in the future.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Boris was the shit tho. Ill never forget that.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:55 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Nah I agree. Different animals in a sense, but super viseral. I dig that their singer did Akuma No Uta with them too! Gets me hopefull for a collab of some kind in the future.

I thought Dear was the last. A very decent goodbye IMO.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cherler » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:40 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Saw them with Boris in SF. Went in with no previous knowledge of what they sounded like. Shit blew me away.

This was me in Boston. They were fucking incredible. Does anyone have any idea what that weird spring box thing that one guy plays is? Just springs and a piezo?
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:53 pm

tremolo3 wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Nah I agree. Different animals in a sense, but super viseral. I dig that their singer did Akuma No Uta with them too! Gets me hopefull for a collab of some kind in the future.

It was supposed to be but then they did the Pink Tour and found some more motivation.

I've seen Boris a handful of times since the first Pink tour and I have a hard time ranking the 2017 show I caught as anything other than the best. Super slow and dreamy and insanely loud :!!!:

Basically what I wish shoegaze the genre actually was.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:15 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
tremolo3 wrote:

It was supposed to be but then they did the Pink Tour and found some more motivation.

I've seen Boris a handful of times since the first Pink tour and I have a hard time ranking the 2017 show I caught as anything other than the best. Super slow and dreamy and insanely loud :!!!:

Basically what I wish shoegaze the genre actually was.

Indeed. It was like going to church dude. Incredible. I glad they got the inspiration back, but at least bands like Endon are around to carry the torch when they do stop.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:43 am

As noted, they did the New Noise Literacy collab. Which is a rad blend of their styles. Don't know how available it is, they gave away the tape at the show at least.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Question for you guys:

Is Endon opening the shows? Or is the other band they are touring with? Torche, SUMAC, etc.

I want to take my gf to dinner for her birthday but it won't happen if Endon go first.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Endon was first. played at 8 pm. glad I checked my phone beforehand because I planned to get there at 9.

they were fucking INCREDIBLE. my mind is still blown. they started with Nerve Rain and it felt/sounded like some kind of initiation rites for the whole show. played a lot of through the mirror with these little changes here and there that made the performance stand out.. like the extended drum solo, singer doing his thing while mellow ghost sounds go on in the background.. mhmm

small world, I played a house show with their merch guy years ago (also buddies with my homies from high school). we nerded out about their set up.. masf homie holds down the low end (sounds like a fucking T Rex roaring most of the time); had a modest euro skiff, couldn't make out most of the modules cause they were under a massive rats nest of cables. rocked an octa track and some kind of pimped out masf oscillator, saw a grunge too.

noise homie uses a piece of sheet metal with a spring mounted on top with a load of contact mics. uses a whammy to control the pitch of oscillations. rocked the digitech metal master as well (or similar, one of those black digitech metal boxes). sp-404 for samples and used an m9 (or something that looked similar) to go from channels that feedback to quiet ones. he was biting his instrument at one point... jesus

the guitarist also used a digital multi effect pedal but I forgot what it was. he had a simpler set up. my phone was about to cash out when I got there so I didn't really get any photos :cry: also they sold out of their 2nd album... I was hesitant on picking up the OSC03 but after Endon finished I withdrew the cash lol :facepalm:

I was up front, they were LOUD and FULL, but mogwai was louder :lol: my ears rang for 3 days after I saw them. my neck is pretty sore tho and I gotta admit I felt a little special when the drummer singled me out /fanboy

TORCHE sounded soo gooood. they brought the groove and their tone was on point. you know shit is about to get real when the 2nd EGC neck comes on stage. I'm not too familiar with their newer stuff, but I had a blast.

Boris... fucking Boris. nothing like when I saw them in El Paso. It was like what D.o.S described. I hadn't heard most of the stuff they played and it was a real treat.. super slow, melancholic. dreamy. I actually teared up at one point and I wasn't even on any drugs! masf homie and noise homie from endon came on for their last jam. that was epic.

I feel pretty privileged getting to experience that. ended up checking out the children's museum the day after and THAT WAS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!! totally unexpected and made the trip out there so much more worth it. I guess phoenix isn't quite the shit hole I thought it was.

cantremember wrote:Definitely down! I'll be the long hair with a pedal company shirt on.

duuuuude I tried so hard looking for someone with a pedal company shirt, but it was so dark in there! I wanted to hit you up before, but we got in pretty late.. :cry:
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cantremember » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:44 pm

resincum wrote:
cantremember wrote:Definitely down! I'll be the long hair with a pedal company shirt on.

duuuuude I tried so hard looking for someone with a pedal company shirt, but it was so dark in there! I wanted to hit you up before, but we got in pretty late.. :cry:

Unfortunately I didn't end up making it. I had to take my lady friend to the ER. She is okay but I'm very bummed that I missed the show.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby Eivind August » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:21 am

resincum wrote:masf homie holds down the low end (sounds like a fucking T Rex roaring most of the time); had a modest euro skiff, couldn't make out most of the modules cause they were under a massive rats nest of cables. rocked an octa track and some kind of pimped out masf oscillator, saw a grunge too.

Caught a solo show he did, that was mostly modular and surprisingly beat-centric (for a harsh noise show). Very cool stuff, probably the closest I have come to ever considering a modular setup. Went by the name Axonox.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:11 pm

I saw them in Boston, and they were incredible, as was Boris. I wanted to buy one of the black Possessed pedals, but they were sold out.
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:15 pm

Slept on this band WAY TOO long. Been having a great evening listening to both LP's on their Bandcamp and drinking tea.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Music