MBV Vinyl

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

MBV Vinyl

Postby Gone Fission » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:55 pm

My Bloody Valentine has preorders up on "fully analog mastered" LPs for Isn't Anything and Loveless. https://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/home?hs=1

Someone lemme know if the vinyl for Isn't Anything sounds decent, unlike the CD. I love the songs, but it isn't a good sort of lofi.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
D.o.S. wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:No idea what the Spacemen 3 were using
Drugs. All of the drugs.
Iommic Pope wrote:It's 2017.
Everything should be small and quiet.
Gone Fission

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: MBV Vinyl

Postby BitchPudding » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm

I wonder how "different" theses will sound. Like, we have Loveless on vinyl at work. Is it worth it to wait for this to come out?
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GardenoftheDead » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:05 pm

I preordered the Loveless vinyl. "All analog signal path master" means nothing to me but I didn't own it on vinyl yet so I might as well get a new one.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Might buy Loveless just to have it. Really want a copy of the "You made me realise" 12". Shit just found one on the bay. seventy bucks tho.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:06 am

Gone Fission wrote:My Bloody Valentine has preorders up on "fully analog mastered" LPs for Isn't Anything and Loveless. https://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/home?hs=1

Someone lemme know if the vinyl for Isn't Anything sounds decent, unlike the CD. I love the songs, but it isn't a good sort of lofi.

I read an interview of Kevin talking about how they mixed Isn't Anything and how he doesn't dig it anymore. Not enough low end/too much highs. And with the reissues (this was back when they reissued the CD I think) he tried to fix that.

Also preordering Loveless and maybe Isn't Anything right meow. Analog remaster doesnt mean much to me, but like everyone above I don't have these on vinyl at all.

EDIT: *stares at $20 shipping cost* :excellent:
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.
Ghost Hip

Postby codetocontra » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:EDIT: *stares at $20 shipping cost* :excellent:

Yep. Same here. For whatever reason it hit my tipping point for two records.
I make noise.
Code To Contra
codetocontra

experienced
experienced

Return to Music