Anybody play strings (cello, viola, ect.)? Or brass?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Anybody play strings (cello, viola, ect.)? Or brass?

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:14 am

I have been trying to look for a reliable, motivated, and responsible musician to record with for a few years now that plays something other than guitar, bass guitar, drums, or piano / synths. Finding people that can play other instruments has been relatively easy, but finding people that can also record their own parts (and thus have the equipment to do so and somewhat know how to use it and are excited about recording) has been a huge challenge. And finding someone that is reliable, motivated, and responsible has been even more difficult.

If anyone is interested in recording things together (through sending files back and forth through drop box) and can play strings or brass, i would be really interested in talking with you. Music that i make with my music project that i do with my musical partner now is here for reference as to what type of music i am am working within -> https://aworldwonderedfull.bandcamp.com . Also, i play guitar, various string instruments, piano, ect.

I would love to talk with anyone that is interested that is serious about making recordings together on a regular basis and potentially sharing those recordings. Music for me is something that is really special for me. Recording and playing are equally as interesting and exciting. The people that i play music with are people that i want to be excited to learn from, and hope that also in the process that i can share things with them as well. This isn't a gig that makes any money really. It is just about doing something that i love to do and am passionate about on a regular basis of exchanges every week or other week. If anyone on ILF is interested, please feel free to PM me and we can talk more.

Also, if anybody knows somebody that would maybe be interested and could possibly direct me to her/him, that would be appreciated as well.

UPDATE: Possible sax/woodwind player found. Anyone who plays strings (cello, viola, violin, etc.), brass, or even possibly traditional instruments is still welcome to PM me if interested.

Thanks
Last edited by ibarakishi on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Re: Anybody play strings (cello, viola, ect.)? Or horn/woodw

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Bumpin' this because I can't do this, but think someone else should. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:50 pm

thanks Chankgeez :) If anyone is interested, or even just has questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to post below or send me a PM. I would be excited to talk and answer anything i can
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:47 am

last time bumping this thread. If anybody happens to see this thread in the future or stumble across it, feel free to send a message and i would be excited to talk with any interested in making music together.
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:16 pm

UPDATE: Possible sax/woodwind player found through ILF. Anyone who plays strings (cello, viola, violin, etc.), brass, or even possibly traditional instruments is still welcome to PM me if interested. Will continue to update as any information comes. Thanks
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Re: Anybody play strings (cello, viola, ect.)? Or brass?

Postby drolo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Incidentally I dug out my old Erhu (for real) but you really don't want to hear me play ... :-)
Just bumping this up, hope you'll find cool people.
The music in your bandcamp is excellent
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:18 am

haha, i love the sound of the erhu. Here in Thailand we have a similar instrument called 'saw duang', or 'ซอด้วง' in Thai. I think that it would be really interesting to hear your erhu through your effects pedals too. You could probably make some really interesting sounds with it

And thank you for your kind words drolo. We are now mixing and mastering our next release, so we will be excited to share more music in the near future :joy:
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby drolo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:04 am

that's cool :-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:05 pm

I texted my cello friend. Will talk more to him. He doesn't have anything online but he sounded kinda interested. I think the last time he recorded was a hurricane Katrina benefit, but he has been hording gear lately. If you want, I could figure out the best way to contact him (email or Instagram or something).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:19 pm

that would be great lordgalvar, if he is at all interested and has the means/equipment/knowledge to record by himself then i am more than happy to talk with him through whatever outlet is easiest. thanks for the help and let me know what you find out when you have the time :)*
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:29 pm

I'll pm you with more details when I get them and talk to him more in depth. He might be on his annual comping trip.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Olin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 am

Can I chime in and also ask for some cello assistance?
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Music