· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Your band, other bands, singers, songwriters, more.
Post a reply

Re: ILF Collab - Circle of Riffs

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:00 am

Dude. I'd love to try this! I bought that damn interface and everything for that doom project that never happened. Can I get in on this?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 pm

DRodriguez wrote:Whatever you want as long as you can explain how the previous track influenced yours.

Are we actually supposed to do this? If so, to whom do we send it?

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Nah, just if it sounds like you just made a random track, I'll ask how to make sure you aren't trying to ruin the spirit of things

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:42 pm

thank christ for going first eh

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:54 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:thank christ for going first eh

Well no, because you have to explain how the last track inspired you. It won't be a true circle without an acausal closing of the curve.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:55 pm

And I can't wait to hear it all, by the way. Rock on, ILF! :rock:

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:48 am

Lurker13 wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:thank christ for going first eh

Well no, because you have to explain how the last track inspired you. It won't be a true circle without an acausal closing of the curve.

Haha yeah. And that's easy. I'll sample the entire last track at x1000 speed as a drum sample in whatever unrelated song I write. :lol:

Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:38 pm

im very excited to listen very excited to not participate because my riffing is the sharknado of riffing

so bad its funny

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 pm

How goes it, current person doing this?

Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:26 pm

I was just wondering too. Was about to flip some gear and was like "oh, I am going to need this."

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:34 am

Yep, current person currently putting the finishing touches to it.
It will be with DRod within a few hours.
No guitars on this one.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:40 am

Track has moved on to Eivind August.

A snippet from what fuzzonaut said about his track, to illustrate one way of building on top of the previous track.

fuzzonaut wrote:I put coldbrightsunlight's track on repeat and wrote down associations that came to my mind, which were:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So, I used XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, trying to create something based on those associations, while staying within my limits.
The vocals and the track name are influenced by the title "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX".

Thanks fuzzonaut!

Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:37 am

I have no idea whose track I have and I don't want to know yet, but it's weird, intimidating and cool.
Neat.

Edit: read previous post, probably Eivind's. Mystery ruined. You're a weird dude, Eivind.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 am

:lol: :hug:

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:59 am

As of tomorrow my desktop will finally be set up and ready to roll, so I look forward to participating in this project :)
Post a reply