Worst side by side album cuts ever?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Worst side by side album cuts ever?

Postby bloatedsack » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:09 pm

retinal orbita wrote:On Space Ritual, Orgone Accumulator goes directly into the shittiest cut on the album. I forget the name of it. It's not a very good song. And OA might be the best Hawkwind jam ever.

Upside Down? No way. 10 Seconds on the Edge of Forever is the worst track, it's just Calvert reading Moorcock poetry or something.

You are correct on OA being the best jam on either version of Space Ritual, though.
bloatedsack

committed
committed

Postby oscillateur » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:11 am

Yeah, and Brainstorm after 10 seconds is the exact opposite of what this thread is about...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 am

Blackened Soul wrote:Also the thread could be renamed - every cheap trick album :idk:

:lol:

I love Cheap Trick but damn, this is so true.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 am

bloatedsack wrote:
retinal orbita wrote:On Space Ritual, Orgone Accumulator goes directly into the shittiest cut on the album. I forget the name of it. It's not a very good song. And OA might be the best Hawkwind jam ever.

Upside Down? No way. 10 Seconds on the Edge of Forever is the worst track, it's just Calvert reading Moorcock poetry or something.

You are correct on OA being the best jam on either version of Space Ritual, though.

Okay I agree. Upside Down is the worst song on the album but 10 Seconds of Forever is the worst track.
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Muff_Diver » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:58 pm

repoman wrote:
Muff_Diver wrote:Cosmic Dancer is the worst song on Electric Warrior. Especially when its right after an opening jam as hot as Mambo Sun.

I rescind my initial statement after this weekend. New shit has come to light.

That being said:
Silkworm's Italian Platinum- Dirty Air into Young.
Songs: Ohia's Magnolia Electric Co- Almost Was Good Enough into The Old Black Hen. Its a good track, but boy does it ruin the flow of that album.
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm

^^^Glad to read you rescinded. I wasn't going to comment or anything on the initial post (even though I thought about it all weekend :lol:), but if I was...I would have politely said "I have never disagreed more with anything in my life. IF, you were going to choose one track of 'Electric Warrior' it should have been "Lean Woman Blues"." :lol: and then wished you well :hug:.

I am biased though. Marc Bolan is my favorite musician and 'Electric Warrior' is my favorite album so don't listen to me.

I used to think the A side of THE CURE's 'Three Imaginary Boys' was the only good part of the LP but I have since rescinded that opinion and I love the whole album.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:31 pm

spacelordmother wrote:The Cure - Wild Mood Swings. Want > Club America. :no:

Especially considering that "Home" and "Adonis" were both b-sides from that era that belong on the album.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Benn Roe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am

Pixies Bossanova: Hang Wire (really the whole record up to this point) -> Stormy Weather
Lady Gaga Born This Way: Marry the Night -> Born This Way
Lady Gaga Fame Monster: So Happy I Could Die (again, though, really the whole goddamned flawless album to this point) -> Teeth
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to Music