new tera melos record on friday!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

new tera melos record on friday!

Postby humandingus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:25 pm

can't wait! very interested in hearing this record and their progression from x'd out. these two songs are probably the most vocally driven songs i've heard from them thus far.

humandingus

committed
committed

Re: new tera melos record on friday!

Postby cherler » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:28 pm

I might be going to see them this halloween and that will hopefully be awesome
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby humandingus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm

sick! halloween is such a great time to see them. i saw them in philly a few years back around halloween weekend, they were all in full costume. nathan was a ghost (he wore a sheet), and nick wore one of those old men masks from their videos.
humandingus

committed
committed

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm

I want to go to that same show too, but Boris are playing the same day, and seeing as this might be their last tour... :idk:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby cherler » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Well god fucking dammit...I totally missed that Boris date...
Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:14 pm

man this is actually a really decent record IMO.
i felt kind of let down with the first couple of songs they previewed but the rest of the album has some way weirder shit going on. already like it more than x'ed out.
so far i think Warpless Run and Men's Shirt are my favourites.
:)*
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Nick went all out on the belewness, I'm digging it.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby humandingus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:05 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:man this is actually a really decent record IMO.
i felt kind of let down with the first couple of songs they previewed but the rest of the album has some way weirder shit going on. already like it more than x'ed out.
so far i think Warpless Run and Men's Shirt are my favourites.
:)*

i was really into x'd out, and i might still prefer that record too. however, this record is something else. they really went to some new places with this one, and it feels like a natural progression from x'd out (more concentrated on vocals and more obvious verse/chorus structuring). this certainly has more of a post-punk and hardcore feel versus the weirdo surf rock of x'd out. there are instances where they reminded me of unwound on this record. they managed to sound like their untitled instrumental record in some instances while pushing forward with things they haven't tried before. i love this record a whole lot. i agree with the favorites listed above, but dyer ln may still be my favorite. they played that song on tour with pinback in 2014 and it was mind blowing, so happy to have a recorded version of it now.
humandingus

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm

It's interesting to see how they've arced over the years: from the spastic unpredictability, mostly instrumental sound of their early years to the more concise song, vocal driven format they've ended up at now. I really think they nailed the sweet spot with Patagonian Rats, & accordingly I think this record is a bit "plain" in comparison. The mind is a contextual beast...

That said, I really like the grooves/riffs on Men's Shirt and A Universal Gonk (sweet DOD reference for the ped nerds). I also think this style highlights Nathan's bass lines, which are as dope as ever. I really love the way his playing hunkers down the groove in the midst of the complexity & provides counter melodies to Nick's riffs.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby humandingus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:30 pm

kbit wrote:It's interesting to see how they've arced over the years: from the spastic unpredictability, mostly instrumental sound of their early years to the more concise song, vocal driven format they've ended up at now. I really think they nailed the sweet spot with Patagonian Rats, & accordingly I think this record is a bit "plain" in comparison. The mind is a contextual beast...

That said, I really like the grooves/riffs on Men's Shirt and A Universal Gonk (sweet DOD reference for the ped nerds). I also think this style highlights Nathan's bass lines, which are as dope as ever. I really love the way his playing hunkers down the groove in the midst of the complexity & provides counter melodies to Nick's riffs.

it's kind of nuts that this is their most accessible album. songs like warpless run would be the most technical and spazzy things most bands could produce, but that doesn't even hold a candle in terms of spasticness to something like 40 rods.
humandingus

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:59 pm

system preferences tho.

dundundundundundundundundundundundundundundundun
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Music