The new jamming, finding musicians, forming bands etc thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The new jamming, finding musicians, forming bands etc th

Postby mathias » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Yes, it is decidedly worse outside of Austin, Nashville, and guessing big cities like NYC, SF, LA, and Seattle, from what I can tell. (Based on how many bands come out of those cities versus elsewhere.)

There's talented folks everywhere. The question is whether you have the right connections to find them, I guess.

As an update to this overall thread and my situation, gnomethrone and I are gonna try a thing here and see where it goes. :joy:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 am

so many times since my project died Ill be fiddling around,stop playing, and say to myself, wtf is the god damn point...
if im not sharing this anymore with anyone...day after day...creating something fucking awesome, having all time in the world to jam, and have no one to experience it first hand with me...what is the point,

if I want self indulgence or to make myself out to be someone with a musical mission, il drink or promote myself like back n the day...but fuck all that, just take it easy, have fun, I wish my art would bring in a way to pay bills but, ha ha (pats head)
...best things in life no one can interpret but the interpreter...a flower wilting from glory in a desert..and everyone needs a cult. your half assed ambition to placate your ego is ruining a psychedelic experience yoU STUPID FUCK! Ill tell myself. im going back to farming or working a kitchen.

no one I know plays music...and the people I meet around,are just that, around....older I get,harder it is to make "friends" but thankfully, im over it :whateva: , and enjoying the internal response, remaining open to my personal space while it lasts, and I can still daydream and do art...just wish it would turn into something...its like I stopped painting because my room was so full with canvas's you couldnt walk, and it was just like... why are you making all this? you must be depressed, cuz your not trying to sell it in some way.
people make it happen....from the one, comes the many, comes the world...people man, its weres the peoples is.....what a great big shit show. communication is key, but your in trouble if you see inside someone too quickly for theyll most likely see you and a judge be judged.

in the years though of doing little shows, working in studio, at a cheap joke of a college campus for a short time, meeting new people and playing with them, playing with people youve known for a long time... only left me to know that musicians are a bunch of pompous cunts and the best people to play with, are people who cant play, and you do not know them personally ....then its an exciting adventure if they are enthusiastic and stick to it, then threw the years.. something happens to where its amazing and a bond is set in motion.

Our noise project started out with something like "body chemistry can be provoked in other ways" free your mind, cut reality up! lets show the people our take on the world! type b.s. ..then got into, "we on radio!/lets do this!/shows!!!!/cd-rs disro! its a group! (serrriousness)" then personal struggles, deaths, jaded resentment, drugs,youth, jealousy, mental health, life sucking,naivety.. made most of the "musicians" you bump into trying to do shows and collaborate with, they would give me the "oh yeah thats great stuff" "ill see you this weekend" "whats your number?" then brush you off cuz it isnt looking like MTV or the types of demo videos reverb.com promotes..spending more time talking about refining "it" like their music school professor is their daddy, than just full on jaming untill naturally muscle memory and intuition or the beyond is setting a field of wondrous sonic collages into motion....fuck music and fuck musicians.. there is only noise, memory and emotions that translate into hot shit by means of magic tricks.

-
and yeah,
There's talented folks everywhere. The question is whether you have the right connections to find them, I guess
fucking fate.
and when it happens and its good. )))peace on earth and a nameless sensation(((
or
Person: "we flow together"
Me: "thats great" :grumpy: (fuckin hippie")
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

comesect2.0 wrote: Person: "we flow together"
Me: "thats great" :grumpy: (fuckin hippie")

:omg:
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:05 am

Got your pm. here are some extra thoughts:

Ads do work: you will weed out pretty easily. the "bad candidates" were really obvious really quick because they basically ignored the limited requirements in the ad (genres/style was the most common problem), or a lot of them just send out some shitty demos and you know super quick it's not gonna work or they start behaving obnoxious really quick "hey you haven't replied in the last 15 minutes this is insulting". Exaggerating here, but you get my drift :lol:

Schedule will be a bitch. I had found a cool dude with whom a first jam went super fine. But he got a food industry job and we basically had opposing schedules as I had office hours, so we pulled the plug which was too bad.

I'd say: draft an add, post it here, we might give you a little help with wording it :)
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Previous

Return to Music