Best Eerie Synth Soundtracks of the 70s and 80s

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Best Eerie Synth Soundtracks of the 70s and 80s

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

That PROFONDO ROSS OST is top knotch. Best reuse of 'School At Night' in Gasper Noe's LOVE.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dozicusmaximus » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:30 pm

$harkToootth wrote:That PROFONDO ROSS OST is top knotch. Best reuse of 'School At Night' in Gasper Noe's LOVE.

Dario Argento is awesome and I love Goblin's music. I haven't seen Love... for some reason. I love Irreversible.

Also for non Electronic weirdness... Penderecki's stuff has been used by Kubrick, Lynch and Scorsese.
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:58 pm

You should watch it. Like most Noe films, the first 45 minutes is spectacular...the last half hour is...ehh...he kind of fucked up a really awesome idea with LOVE.

For really weird weirdness listen to Tristram Carey's scores for the BBC.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:57 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby actual » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:06 pm

I just watched the movie 'It Follows' and while it isn't from the 70's or 80's the soundtrack is pretty eerie, and entirely synth based

Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Olin » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Also not 70's or 80's but hugely Carpenter influenced and well worth checking out is the Manhunt soundtrack.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:29 pm

All that Carpenter and no Prince of Darkness?

This is a very impressive collection of Roto Toms. That's 21 Roto Toms in all. That is only $33.00 a Roto Tom.
lost in music

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:10 pm

The theme of this post is some non-consensual man-on-man action in an action movie. The macho post.
Soundtrack from THE NEW BARBARIANS (this movie holds the superlative for the only rhythmically edited man-on-man rape scene). Enzo Castellari would go on to direct THE BRONX WARRIORS and ESCAPE FROM THE BRONX.

Not a Sci-Fi film but late 70's action. One of Giorgio Moroder's first scores. My Dad had this on Vinyl as a teen and gave it to me, inadvertently started my fascination with synths (and maybe Turkish Prison Movies). Lot of cool synth hooks and man-on-man action (some consensual!) in this film :hug:.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:46 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:13 am

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:52 am

Creepshow from 1982. Shlocky dumb b-movie horror anthology with a synthy score and an improbably famous cast.
Last edited by MechaGodzilla on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:59 am

Love CREEPSHOW!

Here is something I am at a loss of. Anyone have mid to late 90s synth scores? I'm looking for material done with the emergence of VA synths. I know I post about him all the time but Jexus scratches that itch with his videos. Wondering if I am missing out on anything in the direct to video market?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKzQXS79aSI

(I wonder how the soundtrack for It is.)

EDIT: I guess I don't have to wonder anymore. Just started listening though. Not "eerie" so far. So, no judgement yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bIcOwdzywQ
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:16 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:06 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music