Snipelfritz Was Right: The Glam Rock Thread.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Snipelfritz Was Right: The Glam Rock Thread.

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:50 pm

snipelfritz wrote: The Sweet are like the best, most underrated band ever.

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Snipelfritz Was Right: The Glam Rock Thread.

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dozicusmaximus » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:24 pm

This counts right?
dozicusmaximus

committed
committed

Postby repoman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:54 pm

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ugly Nora » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:07 pm

In summary, Mumps.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 pm

F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 pm

I was made for this thread :joy: :omg: :!!!: I won't post any T. REX even though Marc Bolan is LITERALLY my favorite musician of all time and I have probably listened to just ELECTRIC WARRIOR (let alone his other albums) well over 300 times.

I consider SPARKS' two albums from 1974 glam. 'Kimono My House' and 'Propaganda'. SPARKS holds the superlative of having many awesome albums across multiple genres though.

Another underrated THE SWEET song. This one has an intro just as cool as 'Fox On The Run'

NSFW: show
The only reason I am pro death penalty is because of pedophiles (don't comment on that, this is a glam rock thread, sorry to bring it up but this man is a piece of shit and deserves death)...that said, this a great track.

A less bleak note...if I meet any of you in real life...I 100% expect us to greet each other with these dance moves. No 'ifs', 'ands' but lots of 'butts'. :cool:

Post-Glam Rock / Art Rock? from the master himself.

This is Glam Metal but...was made by arguably one of the heaviest bands (and the blue print of death metal) of all time and warrants posting.

This album came out years ago but I consider it 'contemporary glam rock'. It was very unfortunate this artist released a really bad follow up. DAVID VANDERVELDE.

This movie has a bitch'in glam rock soundtrack...
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:14 am

Still one of my all-time favorite songs. (Does this count?)

木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:12 am

Radar Love always counts.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:09 pm

Glam is funny because it doesn't have the best connotations. After the apex, nobody tries or wants to be called 'glam'. It doesn't have a 'rough' 'street-cred' attribute like punk and it is not 'heavy' like metal...yet the influence from glam on both genres (I'm being very broad here) is astounding. I would argue a lot of glam aesthetics have come to to be synonymous with how we perceive more popular rock acts in our current age (the over the top pretentiousness, sleaziness, excess etc.)

DEF LEOPARD is a 'metal' band but you can hear more than a fair share of glam in the early records. I would argue THE DEAD BOYS were a glam band in a punk band's body (seriously listen to the hooks on some of their tracks).

I remember showing my college roommate (circa 2008) some right on the cusp of 'Electric Warrior' T. REX and his reaction was 'Oh this is pretty much every indie band ever'.

I think a lot of the presentation of glam is preserved in the modern presentation of pop music. Like Miley Cyrus' persona has more in common with ROXY MUSIC than say THE BEATLES.

I love watching old TOP OF THE POPS Episodes circe the peak of glam rock (not just for glam rock acts, it was truly a spectacular show).
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby repoman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Was there ever a glam revival? Seems like most subculture/subgenres get a revival 10-20 years later, I can't think of that happening for glam. That band Spacehog was glam-ish.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HorseyBoy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Eno with a song about seven Finnish sailors hitting a French brothel. What's not to love?
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Most people know the David Bowie cover of this track. This is totally glam.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Also, ROXY MUSIC holds the rare superlative of a group where the sophomore album was sooooo freaking awesome!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Closest thing to glam rock revival below...it did not take off...this group was sort of lumped in with YEAH YEAH YEAHS, WHITE STRIPES, THE STROKES, THE VINES when they came out...even though none of those bands sound alike. Pretty sure I was the only human being that enjoyed this band when they came out
NSFW: show
I still kind of like them :idk:

1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Music