Mushrooms in Shampoo - Chasing the Swifts

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Mushrooms in Shampoo - Chasing the Swifts

Postby moid » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi everyone

We're back :) Just finished a new album / collection of tunes with my son this weekend. This time, at his behest, we played more 'rock tracks' as he calls them. Bear in mind that this is rock without any drums and singers and is my 10 year old son's idea of what rock music should be, most of the tracks follow his compositions... the poor chap has been raised on a diet of obscure musicians and bands and hasn't a clue what mainstream rock music is... about the only popular thing he's liked so far is my Pavement collection, and he also enjoys early Mercury Rev and His Name is Alive... all of which are his opinion of what normal rock music is. OK warning over! We used a lot of fuzz and distortion but we also added melodies for those of you who feel that they are kind of important too, as well as riffs... hey we're almost a real band!

https://mushroomsinshampoo.bandcamp.com/album/chasing-the-swifts

Hope you like it!

For the pedal inclined, the below image shows all the pedals used in the creation of album. I'm not entirely sure if we used the BF2 Flanger or not, but my son seems to get weird chorus sound out of it, so it may have been used as a chorus... who knows?

moid

experienced
experienced

Re: Mushrooms in Shampoo - Chasing the Swifts

Postby Blackened Soul » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:45 am

I like the concept, I think the name really fits, it really reminds my of stuff I did when I was first discovering creating music before all that structure stuff was ingrained. Good show! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Mushrooms in Shampoo - Chasing the Swifts

Postby moid » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks very much :) This is our most structured work yet... we like to mix rhythmic repetition with improvised time signature free sections and see if they hold together. Chaotic, but with a good foundation to stand on :)
moid

experienced
experienced

Return to Music