Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)



Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:07 am

Both of those are promising. TOBACCO put out a new track a couple weeks ago. Hopefully more to come this year but unlikely.
$harkToootth

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Arby's

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby kbit » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:21 am

Image
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11220
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby Olin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:44 am

D.o.S. wrote:As does Earth + The Bug.



Yes. I completely forgot about this but it's solid. Everything The Bug touches is solid, you've gotta go see him live now you're there.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?
Olin

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: Ontario, probably.

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby PanicProne » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:35 am

Have I posted about the Less Art-album yet?
Either way it's awesome! Members of Thrice, Kowloon Walled City and (I think) ex-Curl Up and Die. Love how they're jokingly labelling themselves "post-youth" too, in relation to the
post-hardcore they're playing.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:04 am

Olin wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:As does Earth + The Bug.



Yes. I completely forgot about this but it's solid. Everything The Bug touches is solid, you've gotta go see him live now you're there.


Yeah we caught them (DC and the Bug) at roadburn and they're playing another festival in September sometime. great show. And heavier than some amp worship bands I've seen. :lol:
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Duck you FoS

"If necessary, I will manufacture words and phrases out of individual syllables, if I have to."
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 26646
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby Olin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:57 am

The Bug is definitely in my top 5 loudest performances, it was abrasive as fuck but super tight and well done. Everything he ever did with Flowdan was particularly good.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?
Olin

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:38 pm
Location: Ontario, probably.

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:33 am

I tried to get into the THE BUG VS. EARTH but couldn't. Sorry guys. I love both projects, so on paper I should like this. I put on another BUG collaboration, 'Curse of the Golden Vampire'. That's more my speed.
$harkToootth

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Arby's

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby bewatersound » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:37 pm

"shadow expert" by palm has been a constant for me lately

Image

https://palmnewyork.bandcamp.com/album/shadow-expert
bewatersound

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby kbit » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Yeah, "Two Toes" is probably my favorite jam on that record. I love their sense of phrasing and structure. The EP was recorded a year and a half ago even though it was just released. I hope that means another full length is on its way soon.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11220
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:04 pm

oh Iceberg by The Oddisee and All AmeriKKKan Bada$$ by Joes Bada$$ are pretty good too
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby bewatersound » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:49 am

kbit wrote:Yeah, "Two Toes" is probably my favorite jam on that record. I love their sense of phrasing and structure. The EP was recorded a year and a half ago even though it was just released. I hope that means another full length is on its way soon.


"how could i forget that?"

amazing stuff. really want to see them live!
bewatersound

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby GardenoftheDead » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:54 pm

Loving The Bug + Earth.

Which is weird cause I hated the bug for the longest time. Saw him open for NIN in 2008 and Warrior Queen RUINED the whole performance.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:44 am

So much shit is coming out I n the next month that I can't even call an aoty yet.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4889
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Bawhston, MA

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:36 am

GardenoftheDead wrote:Loving The Bug + Earth.

Which is weird cause I hated the bug for the longest time. Saw him open for NIN in 2008 and Warrior Queen RUINED the whole performance.


Or maybe you've just got that dreaded deficient gene that makes you dislike dancehall?

Warrior queen is fantastic.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Duck you FoS

"If necessary, I will manufacture words and phrases out of individual syllables, if I have to."
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 26646
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby GardenoftheDead » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:00 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
GardenoftheDead wrote:Loving The Bug + Earth.

Which is weird cause I hated the bug for the longest time. Saw him open for NIN in 2008 and Warrior Queen RUINED the whole performance.


Or maybe you've just got that dreaded deficient gene that makes you dislike dancehall?

Warrior queen is fantastic.


I haven't listened to her recorded output but in that concert she stunk the room up big time.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2804
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.