Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby foomanfat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm

Has anyone mentioned the new Friendship record?
https://friendshipsl.bandcamp.com/releases
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:53 am

Yea I posted it a couple pages back. Album still rips my face off.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: America's Sorrow: New Jersey

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby goroth » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:06 am



This is definitely my favourite album with clean singing for the year.
Vidret thinks its too cheesy and not hard enough, DoS thinks it's too clean (I think).

Both statements are correct.

What is lost in both of those statements is that it is fucking shredtastic, and constantly epic, with glorious song-writing and awesomeness. And Kristian Niemann is one of my favourite guitarists since hearing him on Secret of the Runes.
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby Strange Tales » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Another album in the ring:
https://lessart.bandcamp.com/album/strangled-light

Emotive hardcore/post-hardcore. Really damn good album.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4499
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm
Location: America's Sorrow: New Jersey

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby ummohyeah » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:45 am

Wall's "Untitled" record is one of my favorite this year. Lik[youtube][/youtube]e holy fucking Swell Maps, Fugazi, Blonde Redhead, Wire, Neu!, Sleater Kinney, Beak>, etc etc etc. This track alone -- that fuckin outro.

ummohyeah

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 pm
Location: NW USA

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:16 pm

goroth wrote:

This is definitely my favourite album with clean singing for the year.
Vidret thinks its too cheesy and not hard enough, DoS thinks it's too clean (I think).

Both statements are correct.

What is lost in both of those statements is that it is fucking shredtastic, and constantly epic, with glorious song-writing and awesomeness. And Kristian Niemann is one of my favourite guitarists since hearing him on Secret of the Runes.

I'm with those guys and not you. :lol:

Put it on and like, hey, this riff is ok. Then the song develops and these awful stereotype vocals and chorus happen.
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 7885
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby GardenoftheDead » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Don't sleep on the new Godflesh
https://godflesh1.bandcamp.com/album/post-self
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby goroth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm

If you kids are too lame to enjoy Sorcerer, who am I to try and try and change that?

Surely the Immolation album that dropped earlier this year is amongst the best?
Definitely my favourite Immolation since Close to a World Below.
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11306
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:21 pm

I heard the new Goroth 'Modular Dinosaur' album is tight!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"I was playing guitar a minute ago and had to take a shit...kinda bummned out cuz I was trying to get this super awesome riff down, now I'm just holdin my penis down readin this crap" -comesect2.0
Don't do me ugly...
Oh Lord! The streets took you Blaze! Didn't I tell you!
$harkToootth

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Whose hot dog is this huh!? Is it yours?

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby D.o.S. » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:17 pm

The Body put out an Classic-Style (i.e. loud guitars and drums) record this week:
https://thebody.bandcamp.com/album/a-home-on-earth

Because I am boring and predictable I love it. :!!!:

Also I'm finally digging into the new Full of Hell/Body collaboration. Which I also love, because I am a simple man, like the Skynerd song.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28195
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby GardenoftheDead » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:59 pm

D.o.S. wrote:
Also I'm finally digging into the new Full of Hell/Body collaboration. Which I also love, because I am a simple man, like the Skynerd song.

i'm having trouble getting into that one.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:11 pm

I think it makes more sense as a gross pop-noise metal (what a bullshit genre but it's what I feel) Full of Hell record, which seems to be the general body aesthetic with collabs -- they tend to take on more of the style of the collaborator.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28195
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby rustywire » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 pm

One of the most depressing hiphop songs I've heard was released this week, by a fella who used to hang around AOL public chats like 14 years ago when he was unsigned and full of potential.

Hopsin - Ill Mind of Hopsin 9.

Crazy situation :whoa: :(

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM9b5C26hvs
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
Image
rustywire

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4667
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: on.

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:12 pm

New Iron Monkey is an unexpected delight:
https://ironmonkey.bandcamp.com/
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28195
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Be(a)st Records of the year thread, 2017 (version)

Postby More_Divebombs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Another album in the ring:
https://lessart.bandcamp.com/album/strangled-light

Emotive hardcore/post-hardcore. Really damn good album.


Goddamn, this is splendid.


Also digging new records by Godflesh and Dalek.
More_Divebombs

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.