· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Your band, other bands, singers, songwriters, more.
Post a reply

Re: Man the doom movement was really disappointing.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:42 pm

My dad showed me the s/t Black Sabbath record in 4th grade, and I've been chasing that same visceral feeling ever since. Growing up I read every zine I could get my hands on and would track down tapes or records from any band mentioned in the same breath as Sabbath. Plus the usual punk, hXc, metal stuff. Finding a copy of Stormcrowfleet in high school was a watershed moment for me.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 pm

Aghartha wrote:Finding a copy of Stormcrowfleet in high school was a watershed moment for me.

ugh I love that album so much. I'm gonna go listen to it right now.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:Fair enough. I had not heard of Dommedagsnatt so checking out now.

It's Thorrs Hammer's only album.. And the only thing the city of Ballard has to be proud of..

OMG the comments section. Not taking a screen shot but word-for-word.

RIKARD christiano: true speed/thrash at its absolute best!
--->Random Content3: you retarded?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:00 pm

I've been listening to that THORR'S HAMMER album A LOT....between that and the PRIMITIVE MAN album that came out last year (I don't know if that is 'doom'?)...as the Chief Deputy Soy Boy...I declare...the doom movement WAS NOT disappointing. All good here.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:07 am

$harkToootth wrote:I've been listening to that THORR'S HAMMER album A LOT....between that and the PRIMITIVE MAN album that came out last year (I don't know if that is 'doom'?)...as the Chief Deputy Soy Boy...I declare...the doom movement WAS NOT disappointing. All good here.

:thumb: yeah, doom is like everything else, you get some great stuff and a lot of meh, I can say that about all music... Except pop.. That not get a pass no more.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:39 am

I saw Eyehategod on Tuesday night. :cool:

You take your 400,000,000 uninspired riffs and you just throw 'em in the trash because once in a while everything clicks in all the right ways.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 am

Easily one of my favorites. I thought them and ACID BATH were 'Sludge' though but who cares...lumping it in with doom.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am

I had a similar moment when I learned all the hardcore I liked (and subsequently why I was so upset at all the shitty "hardcore" happening today) was actually crust.

Subsequently, why anyone would listen to hardcore instead of crust is beyond me.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 am

Ummm....you and me both one...hundred..percent on that one.
CODE ORANGE being the exception. They're cool

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Subsequently, why anyone would listen to hardcore instead of crust is beyond me.

I'll agree with this statement if it's based in 2018, and not 1982.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:28 pm

I never associate 'hardcore' with those early 80s bands. I realize how dumb this is but hardcore was a different thing where I grew up. I've been calling it contemporary hardcore.

But speaking of those 1982 crust bands...did anyone listen to the new EXIT ORDER? I loved it (late comer to it)! It takes the fabric from those sounds.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

I can't think of a single active band I'd be interested in hearing that's labelled as "hardcore". Everything I'm into as an active band has been part of some sub-genre, powerviolence, crust, grind, etc and even then I'm pretty picky.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Yeah I don't what I was thinking suggesting that one to you. We'll regroup when the new SETE STAR SEPT comes out.
There's a Colombian Noisecore band called HERPES you might like.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:15 pm

I'm all about the South American noisecore. NOISE, Morte Lente, Industrial Holocaust, NYATB, etc.... I'll check it out. Great name.

I found the last SSS LP to be kind of a letdown, at least the b-side.

I'm all about SEDEM MINUT STRACHU when it comes to noisecore. Not only are they wonderful people but they're truly pushing the boundaries of noisecore, playing with free jazz bands, etc. My band just did a split tape with them and they submitted a track remixed by FACIALMESS with guest vox by Ucchy of Cunts. It was hella sick.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Man this is getting all over the place. Fun fact the only Flag I get down with anymore is My War and beyond. In My Head is a fuckin' hot banger.
Post a reply