· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Your band, other bands, singers, songwriters, more.
Post a reply

Re: Man the doom movement was really disappointing.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:46 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Fair enough. I had not heard of Dommedagsnatt so checking out now.

It's Thorrs Hammer's only album.. And the only thing the city of Ballard has to be proud of..

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Listening now. Very impressive. The opening riffs remind me of the opening of 'Dopesick'.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 pm

LOL Stephen and Greg were in that band...I know those guys :lol:

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Welp that was cool. Thanks Blackened Soul!
That said...I think my favorite record Greg and Stevie ever did is still their collab with Scott Walker.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:30 pm

$harkToootth wrote:Welp that was cool. Thanks Blackened Soul!
That said...I think my favorite record Greg and Stevie ever did is still their collab with Scott Walker.

:thumb:
I've never been able to get into the walker album... Every time I've given it a try I start giggling :lol:

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:32 pm

The music video for that one track is VERY silly.

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 pm

True, and doom is a bit... Spinal tappy anyway :lol:

Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:00 am

Blackened Soul wrote:Spinal tappy :lol:

So my username was orignally an idea for a band I came up with. I wasn't really aware of doom beyond skepticism's stormcrowfleet and then the whole revival or whatever started and local folks started getting into it. I thought it would be fun to get like three of those marshall lead 15's that look like a full stack but are actually a 15 watt head on two 1x10 cabs and have a rig of doom in miniature. I was gonna call the band GNOMETHRONE and try to get gigs with serious doom bands and just play it totally straight. Then I realized I'm an asshole and that's a terrible idea. Oh well.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:02 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :yay: :lol: :thumb:
Perfect!!! Context is everything!!! Your username will bring me great joy from now on. :lol:

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:17 am

That would be such an awesome band! :lol:

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:02 am

gnomethrone wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:Spinal tappy :lol:

So my username was orignally an idea for a band I came up with. I wasn't really aware of doom beyond skepticism's stormcrowfleet and then the whole revival or whatever started and local folks started getting into it. I thought it would be fun to get like three of those marshall lead 15's that look like a full stack but are actually a 15 watt head on two 1x10 cabs and have a rig of doom in miniature. I was gonna call the band GNOMETHRONE and try to get gigs with serious doom bands and just play it totally straight. Then I realized I'm an asshole and that's a terrible idea. Oh well.

No no no this is definitely not a terrible idea. Please make this a reality.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:40 am

Totally needs to be, also you need a drummer with a child's drum kit

NSFW: show

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:36 am

Ha I think it's funnier to imagine than the actual execution would be, but now that you mention it my wife did just buy a questlove breakbeat drum kit with a teeny tiny 16" kick.
hmm...

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:53 pm

gnomethrone wrote: but now that you mention it my wife did just buy a questlove breakbeat drum kit with a teeny tiny 16" kick.

hmm...

THE BALL IS ROLLING!

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:09 pm

Also let the record show there are doom bands I love and ones I do not. Just having a goof here, not trying to shit in anybody's cheerios. Professor S. Ritual mentioned going to space and that's pretty much how I felt seeing Ufomammut live. I love those dudes. On the flip side the new electric wizard album is booooooring. More like "WIZARD BLOODY SNOOZER" amirite? :lol: Where did all the bad vibes go?
Post a reply