New Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:25 am

Yeah DLD is great. Syl's just cray.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:07 pm

Also if we're talking Tender Prey it doesn't get much better than this:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:59 pm

Just got done listening to Skeleton Tree and goddamn. Shot straight past anyone else for my aoty #1. Stupid dark and simultaneously dense and empty.

Also DoS, total agreement on that being the best song from that entire era let alone album. That's what I'd want to be playing while my 70's street-gang was going to fight our rivals while I stayed at home drinking too much and probably taking heroin.

Ediot: Distant Sky has me 1000 yard-staring into nothing. Probably the most touching thing he's ever done.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Yeap! Awesome album... The second track 'Rings Of Saturn' is the only one that I don't really like... even the production on this one is weird... the drums sounds muddy.
I also wish it would have been longer... only 39 minuts. But what an awesome album!!! My favorite track is the fifth one 'Anthrocene'.

:thumb:

I don't hate DLD... it's a great album (just not the best)... But Nocturama is horrible.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:27 pm

I haven't heard that one yet. What's the problem with it?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:37 pm

No experimentation... just straight pop music.

It's not that horrible... but it's not what I would expect from those guys.

I'm litening to Skeleton Tree for the third time today... wow!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:50 am

I think my favourite of his actually is Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus. I mean, sit down and listen to "Hiding All Away". So good. I do love most of his work, though. Your Funeral... My Trial is another favourite, such a dark and chaotic album. And fuck yeah, Grinderman! Was lucky enough to catch the tours for both albums when they passed through.

Just put on the new record. Oh shit.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby colossus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:25 am

Just caught the film last night. So great. Incredibly moving and with a bit for us gear heads too. A fucking Microkorg??? I love how Warren Ellis seems to be Nick's stability. Listening to the album now and I'm really digging it -- definitely sparse and dark and definitely NOT Grinderman.
colossus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ognoy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:49 am

Eivind August wrote:And fuck yeah, Grinderman! Was lucky enough to catch the tours for both albums when they passed through.

You caught them at Øya 08 right? Didn't they play the same day as Mogwai?
I didn't listen to anything Nick Cave did back then, but when I got into Grinderman I was mad at myself for not seeing their show at Øya 08,
since I was at the festival!
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:52 am

Eivind August wrote:I think my favourite of his actually is Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus. I mean, sit down and listen to "Hiding All Away". So good.

I love this one a lot too. :thumb:

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby colossus » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:52 am

I would've loved to see Grinderman (maybe it'll happen again?). I got to see Bad Seeds 3 years ago or so and it was just mindblowingly good.

And just finished first listen. This is a really fantastic album, but made even better being contextualized by the film.
colossus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:17 am

ognoy wrote:
Eivind August wrote:And fuck yeah, Grinderman! Was lucky enough to catch the tours for both albums when they passed through.

You caught them at Øya 08 right? Didn't they play the same day as Mogwai?
I didn't listen to anything Nick Cave did back then, but when I got into Grinderman I was mad at myself for not seeing their show at Øya 08,
since I was at the festival!

Correct, I think, and then later when they played at Slottsfjell after releasing the second album. Amazing both times. Seen the Bad Seeds two times as well, think both were in the Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! era. Definitely one of my favourite musicians.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Been a fan of the bad seeds forever. My pops ( who was always cooler than everyone) had kicking against the pricks and Tender Prey on LP. Got heavy into those when I was like 12 or 13. I also like DLD quite a bit. We had just moved to a new state and where getting clean when it came out. Have some turbulent memories attached to that album. So much that it is hard to listen to now, that album and the first two Regina Spektor records. (Ha)

Hope to catch the movie soon.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby colossus » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:54 am

Can't stop listening. Distant Sky just has me all shell-shocked whenever I hear it, but a good shell shock.
colossus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rickenbastard » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:00 am

I'm excited to hear the album but I haven't had the chance yet. My personal favorite is Murder Ballads but they have a lot of albums I haven't heard
rickenbastard

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Music