Re: Post the most scene ass white belt girl jeans shit you k

Postby casecandy » Tue May 03, 2016 10:46 am

Also, lifting?
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Wed May 04, 2016 2:04 am

frodog wrote:I'm happy I didn't ruin the thread (by posting Chiodos?) then, because that's where I thought this was going for a minute. Maybe it is? Still think "all's well that ends well" is a rad album.

Is white belt mainly an American thing, and is it well dead now? I was never rly in a scene like that, so I wouldn't know all the weird archetypes/politics except from the internet.

Let's take a little tour around the world (of belts (sorry for all the vids)):

Norway

Sweden

Italy & Germany

Phillipines

(looks like a chill scene)

You know Suis La Lune?
Rad! Henning is a good friend of mine (and a fucking awesome musician).
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby frodog » Wed May 04, 2016 10:28 am

Wow, that is radical, yes! Henning also plays guitar in sings in Sore Eyelids, right? He is awesome, for sure. I've been a fan of those bands from the beginning.

frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed May 04, 2016 3:51 pm

space6oy wrote:
casecandy wrote:Also:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

one of them died?

Nah, look at the size of them. They obviously ate him.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby odontophobia » Thu May 05, 2016 12:08 pm

5 summers ago, hanging with the Suis La Lune guys.
Booked probably the best show of my life. Suis La Lune. Capsule (FL). In this local DIY space. Everybody is drunk having made fun. Suis La Lune guys were jamming hard to my band. Nicest fellas. I don't think all of them spoke English so there was a lot of lulz. Great dudes. The Capsule guys are also super nice guys. They've stayed with me a handful of times and have always been rad. Ryan is always road dogging with Torche and is a swell guy as well.

Anyway. This thread rules.

--not really in-line with the spirit of this thread but definitely from that same white belt explosion period

there's kind of this period where i was into weird white belt, three one g, gsl, shit. and then i got into weird "white belt grind" a la daughters because of chinese stars (dentist drill guitar tones 4eva). so then there's this period of false grind that i sometimes associate with the same period.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby neonblack » Thu May 05, 2016 12:20 pm

Holy shit man. Red Light Sting. You are the first person ive met outside my circle of friends that knows that band. Crazy shit.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu May 05, 2016 1:53 pm

neonblack wrote:Holy shit man. Red Light Sting. You are the first person ive met outside my circle of friends that knows that band. Crazy shit.

great band. got to see them live once. regrettably keyboard player had issues, had to fly home so they played without her.

andy dixon, their guitarist, does some cool shit, too. he as Winning which is some weird free time shit. kinda alright.

he also does secret mommy

then he has his solo project

does some pretty interesting stuff.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby imJonWain » Sun May 08, 2016 12:13 am

I think I get what's going on. Loved both of these bands live.

"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Sun May 08, 2016 9:18 pm

I still don't get this thread! Like you're calling these bands "white belt" but people on ILF (who are generally much better listened than the average bear) are actually like, "Holy cow, you know Suis La Lune? You know Red Light Sting?" If nobody knows these bands, how are they white belt?

Also I knew both those bands PLEASE PRAISE ME FOR IT so I can charge up with scene points and go Super Saiyan
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby casecandy » Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Also, JR Ewing is the best band to come out of Norway that isn't a black metal band. Jesus H. When I was in high school, I bought a copy of Skyscraper that came with a copy of the compilation GSL #50: Our Birthday, Your Present! Their song "Repetition Is Failure" is on there and holy fuck, if the drums don't absolutely annihilate you, body and soul. Still my favourite drumming on any song ever. I was into a lot of truly "white belt" Scandi punk bands that I still love, like Refused, Millencolin, and The Hives, the Burning Heart stuff, so JR were like a step forward for me at the time. I think I was 12 or 13.

Interestingly, Skyscraper was how I knew about Red Light Sting, too. They advertised heavily in it and similar indie mags back in the day (c. 2001-ish).

https://play.spotify.com/track/1kHAq8yEhyOcXIQMABrj7t
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby PeteeBee » Mon May 09, 2016 1:33 am

casecandy wrote:I still don't get this thread! Like you're calling these bands "white belt" but people on ILF (who are generally much better listened than the average bear) are actually like, "Holy cow, you know Suis La Lune? You know Red Light Sting?" If nobody knows these bands, how are they white belt?

Also I knew both those bands PLEASE PRAISE ME FOR IT so I can charge up with scene points and go Super Saiyan

I don't think that "white belt girl jeans shit" is definitively derogatory, plus nostalgia factor. For me white belt girl jeans was listening to Gatsby's American Dream, Forgive Durden, Minus the Bear, the blood brothers, The Fall of Troy, and a pile of other bands that I was really into from like 05-07. To me the thread more so encapsulated a moment in history than anything terribly particular. I've been wrong before, but that was my take on it.

This described time period was also when I was in high school and wore girl jeans and white belts, so that's a factor :hobbes:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon May 09, 2016 5:54 pm

so much vomit, so much hairspray.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon May 09, 2016 7:22 pm

PeteeBee wrote:
casecandy wrote:I still don't get this thread! Like you're calling these bands "white belt" but people on ILF (who are generally much better listened than the average bear) are actually like, "Holy cow, you know Suis La Lune? You know Red Light Sting?" If nobody knows these bands, how are they white belt?

I don't think that "white belt girl jeans shit" is definitively derogatory, plus nostalgia factor. For me white belt girl jeans was listening to Gatsby's American Dream, Forgive Durden, Minus the Bear, the blood brothers, The Fall of Troy, and a pile of other bands that I was really into from like 05-07. To me the thread more so encapsulated a moment in history than anything terribly particular. I've been wrong before, but that was my take on it.

This described time period was also when I was in high school and wore girl jeans and white belts, so that's a factor :hobbes:

Yeah, kind of took me a second because I immediately thought of it as derogatory towards bad emo. In hindsight, obviously a lot more sort of hipster hardcore. Plenty of the Baltimore bands from my college years had a foot in that world—Oxes, Convocation Of, then of course ATDI a bit, certainly the Locust (when they were offstage/not wearing spider-man-joins-the-army outfits), and errr... Refused, haha.

Anyway, sorry for my derailment earlier.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Mon May 09, 2016 7:45 pm

I forgot about Convocation of, Guy Blakeslee from that band does Entrance now that's really good
"To my lay mind, the lobster's behavior in the kettle appears to be the expression of a preference; and it may well be that an ability to form preferences is the decisive criterion for real suffering."
http://www.TFRelectronics.com <project info
https://oshpark.com/profiles/TFRelectronics <oshpark shared boards
https://www.staticdisaster.com/ <my radio show
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Mon May 09, 2016 8:01 pm

imJonWain wrote:I forgot about Convocation of, Guy Blakeslee from that band does Entrance now that's really good

Oh yeah he's so good. He's really also what made Convocation Of kinda white-beltish. Tonie was always just kinda wearing a black t-shirt and brooding, but Guy's getups were pretty much the epitome of intimidatingly cool scene-dude garb, and he'd flail around with these really intense performances. He's also super, super nice. I miss that band!

I'll add this to the pile:

neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music