Unpopular album opinions



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby neonblack » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:54 pm

I like These Arms Are Snakes more than Botch, Kill Sadie, and Russian Circles.
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7738
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 am

Most albums are 25-30% longer than they should be.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5632
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby foomanfat » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 pm

neonblack wrote:I like These Arms Are Snakes more than Botch, Kill Sadie, and Russian Circles.

Same

I like Botch and Jesus Lizard influenced bands more than Botch and Jesus Lizard.
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:31 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I think Smashing Pumpkins' Machina album is superior to Siamese Dream.


Still the most contentious post in the thread.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28131
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 am

foomanfat wrote:
neonblack wrote:I like These Arms Are Snakes more than Botch, Kill Sadie, and Russian Circles.

Same

I like Botch and Jesus Lizard influenced bands more than Botch and Jesus Lizard.

.....
D.o.S. wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:I think Smashing Pumpkins' Machina album is superior to Siamese Dream.


Still the most contentious post in the thread.

The riffs and synth layering on Machina are actually pretty rad.
The songwriting fucking meanders, though.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11352
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Lurker13 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:I think Smashing Pumpkins' Machina album is superior to Siamese Dream.


Still the most contentious post in the thread.

The riffs and synth layering on Machina are actually pretty rad.
The songwriting fucking meanders, though.

Oh yeah, definitely. Machina is heavier, but it's definitely front loaded in terms of song quality. Siamese Dreams is more consistent from beginning to end.
Lurker13

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:44 am

I like Machina all right but it's about as heavy as a wet tissue.

Everlasting Gaze has a classic vocal break though.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28131
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:11 am

I always liked Gish the best
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:24 am

D.o.S. wrote:I like Machina all right but it's about as heavy as a wet tissue.

Everlasting Gaze has a classic vocal break though.

I suppose that depends on what you mean by 'heavy'. Maybe by doom/sludge standards it isn't heavy, but it's heavy in the sense that most of the songs create a dark, heavy atmosphere. Siamese Dream is lighter and more psychedelic. And in relative terms, a wet tissue is heavier than a dry tissue.

Machina rocks harder, too. :rock:

MechaGodzilla wrote:I always liked Gish the best

Gish is my favorite, too. Very psychedelic. :love:
Lurker13

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:18 am

Gish is fantastic.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28131
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby chuckjaywalk » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:39 pm

I think Nirvana was really good and I wish there was more of it. I can't listen to it, now. It makes my eyes leak.
chuckjaywalk

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Gish is fantastic.

Not really, you are just lying to your self :)*
http://koorikuma.bandcamp.com/

"They have de-metalizing classes you know... in Wisconsin" - Lemmy
Blackened Soul

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 am
Location: lost in the dark forests in my head

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 pm

chuckjaywalk wrote:I think Nirvana was really good and I wish there was more of it. I can't listen to it, now. It makes my eyes leak.

I still love Bleach.
Solid riffery on that record.
And the sound....so crunch.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11352
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Lurker13 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die are heavily underrated.
Lurker13

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm
Location: Just beneath the surface.

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Invisible Man » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:10 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:I think Nirvana was really good and I wish there was more of it. I can't listen to it, now. It makes my eyes leak.

I still love Bleach.
Solid riffery on that record.
And the sound....so crunch.


Git yo self a DS1 and sell all that boutique dirt.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Invisible Man

User avatar
Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF
 
Posts: 4516
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Music



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.