Unpopular album opinions

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Unpopular album opinions

Postby Blackened Soul » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 pm

chuckjaywalk wrote:
Muff_Diver wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:I would rather cut off my own dick and eat it than listen to the motherfucking Beatles, Kinks, Led Zeppelin, or AC/DC.

really tho?

Yeah. I'm tired of being bashed over the head with Boomer nostalgia. Fuck'em.

The problem is modern country and pop and clear channel "indie" suck so hard that a lot of stuff that is beyond over played is still just not that bad if you have to be subjected...
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby flanagan0718 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Invisible Man wrote:
flanagan0718 wrote:Can someone PLEASE inform the band CHON that they collectively suck.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxZuPLPERbk&t=817s[/youtube]

Punchability is off the charts.

Seriously tho! individually they are all great musicians but together...PUNCH EVERYONE OF THOSE HIPSTER BASTARDS!
My name is Mike and i sometimes build pedals under Custohmelectronics
Blog- http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/custohmelectronics/?ref=hl
flanagan0718

involved
involved

Postby More_Divebombs » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:59 am

Speaking of good musicians creating a shit band, how horrid are the Chili Peppers?

I can't stomach a single song by them, but can still recognise that's Frusciante is a solid and inventive guitar player, and the rhythm section is banging. Somehow, they collectively create some sort of disco funk for the moderately angry teen who has nothing to be angry about. Fugazi-lite for people who don't like music.

Every song is mince without any redeemable feature. What a waste of guys who can totally rip.

No idea what the consensus of RHCP is here, but in the real outside world, they are crazy popular. People would pay money - big money - to stand and watch them.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby Lurker13 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:39 pm

More_Divebombs wrote:Speaking of good musicians creating a shit band, how horrid are the Chili Peppers?

I can't stomach a single song by them, but can still recognise that's Frusciante is a solid and inventive guitar player, and the rhythm section is banging. Somehow, they collectively create some sort of disco funk for the moderately angry teen who has nothing to be angry about. Fugazi-lite for people who don't like music.

Every song is mince without any redeemable feature. What a waste of guys who can totally rip.

No idea what the consensus of RHCP is here, but in the real outside world, they are crazy popular. People would pay money - big money - to stand and watch them.

Dani California is a great song. Other than that, I really can't stand them. RHCP is to real funk what soulless tasty-licks blues guys like Bonamassa are to real blues - a commercial abomination of the real art.

JMO, YMMV and all that.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Olin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Townes Van Zandt was better than Dylan and this was cemented with him dying before he was able to record a fucking Christmas album.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:51 am

Lurker13 wrote:Dani California is a great song.

:?:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:56 am

:hello:
More_Divebombs wrote:Speaking of good musicians creating a shit band, how horrid are the Chili Peppers?

Frusciante is one of the most important musicians in my life. Check out some of his moment recent solo stuff (PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone, Letur Lefr, Enclosure, Foregrow, Trickfinger). He's done much more interesting stuff with hip-hop, worked with Aaron Funke, gotten into modular synths and programming, and abandoned blues idiom since quitting his band. So: ILF.

RHCP tunes make me wince, though. Actually not a huge fan of Flea or Chad's playing, though they are hecka chopsy.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:09 am

Speaking of unpopular opinions, Ataxia is the best band Fruciante has ever been in.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am

I agree with that. Joe Lally makes pretty much everything better...lost my mind to some Fugazi demos on my way to work today.

But Amputechture is interesting, even if it's not as good as Deloused (or even Frances the Mute, which I didn't like too much). And check out Speed Dealer Moms.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby chuckjaywalk » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:
Muff_Diver wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:I would rather cut off my own dick and eat it than listen to the motherfucking Beatles, Kinks, Led Zeppelin, or AC/DC.

really tho?

Yeah. I'm tired of being bashed over the head with Boomer nostalgia. Fuck'em.

The problem is modern country and pop and clear channel "indie" suck so hard that a lot of stuff that is beyond over played is still just not that bad if you have to be subjected...

I avoid the radio. I fell into music sideways, so bear with me. My first musical memory is the Talking Heads and the Clash on Saturday Night Live reruns. Devo. Then lots of 50's and 60's country music via my grandma. My Uncle Scott exposed me to Madonna and Prince and Michael Jackson and George Michael. Then I heard the Cure and Paul Westerberg. Then Grunge. Then punk rock. Then college rock. R.E.M.'s Monster lead me backwards through their catalog. Pavement. Sugar. Husker Du. The Replacements. Then I saw Billy Zoom playing a Gretsch Sparkle Jet and decided I wanted to play guitar. Then I found Gary Numan and Nine Inch Nails and KMFDM. Then Orange Juice. Back to Bob Mould. I know the Beatles et al laid the groundwork for what I like, but it doesn't say anything to me. I don't connect with it. I hear Trent Reznor sing '26 years on my way to Hell' and I get it. 'Losing My Religion' talks to me. I get 'Lost In The Supermarket' all the time. Even Ben Folds' 'Rockin the Suburbs' speaks my language.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:29 pm

chuckjaywalk wrote:Back to Bob Mould.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vCuxqBro4

:p
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chuckjaywalk » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
chuckjaywalk wrote:Back to Bob Mould.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vCuxqBro4

:p

Exactly. As long as I don't have to hear Lennon and McCartney, their songs don't bother me.
My force of habit, I am an insect
I have to confess I'm proud as hell of that fact
chuckjaywalk

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Lurker13 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:58 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Lurker13 wrote:Dani California is a great song.

:?:

:lol:

Seriously, the lyrics, the dynamics, Frusciante's fuzzed-out solo at the end, what's not to love? I can listen to it over and over again.
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:15 pm

It's like listening to a really bad Hendrix tribute/cover? It's a desperate attempt to put together a single from an album with zero interesting tracks? RHCP are completely awful and everything they've done is a crime against good music?

I'm in the wrong thread, please show me to the "Completely true and sensible music opinion thread" so I can post my RHCP disdain there.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Muff_Diver » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 pm

How can one consider it a desperate attempt at a single when it was a a top 20 billboard hit for 4 months straight?
Muff_Diver

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Music