Strange Tales Distro

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Distro

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Got a damn great hardcore/screamo (it ain't dead) split 7" in. Atari are great friends of mine, and Sto Cosi Cosi is a band I haven't heard before. Both super killer. Will be doing an interview with both of them as soon as I can think of questions.

this is a fuckin' banger this is. so good, all of the tracks.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Yo so, I'm trying to do shit in an effort to update more.

First things first, I'm releasing a tape of one of my favorite one man bands (or just my favorite god damn this guy is so good) from Hokkaido. 6 fucking brutal tracks. Read the announcement here:
http://strangetalesrec.com/post/1300584 ... nouncement

And secondly, I'm going to try posting more about random bands I find throughout the world. Two today are Tatara, a groovy screamo/hardcore band and Nikka, a fucking fantastic 90s post-hardcore/indie group featuring female vocals.
http://strangetalesrec.com/post/1301432 ... tara-nikka
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:46 pm

I got this one math rock split from you, didn't know the band. It was baller af. :!!!:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Inconuucl » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:47 pm

If you start stocking jaoanoise, hmu. :cool:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Inconuucl wrote:If you start stocking japanoise, hold my unicorn. :cool:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Get some Forward, Life, and that LSD reissue in (so I don't have to order from those grinder distros...).

haha, been really digging LSD lately..I had completely forgotten about them until I ran across a bootleg I have!

I know it ain't your stuff, ST. But yea, like talking Japanese punk any chance I get. I'm glad you're bring this stuff over too..gives me a chance to check out different sounds! So thanks man!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:10 am

Inconuucl wrote:I got this one math rock split from you, didn't know the band. It was baller af. :!!!:

That was the Stereo Type 7"! That was their final two songs which bums me out. The first song on that 7" is so good, especially the end!

Not sure about noise, if I ever find a noise band that I'm into there and want to distro, I'll have it. That really depends on if they answer their email though (1/10 chance at best :( )

lordgalvar wrote:Get some Forward, Life, and that LSD reissue in (so I don't have to order from those grinder distros...).

haha, been really digging LSD lately..I had completely forgotten about them until I ran across a bootleg I have!

I know it ain't your stuff, ST. But yea, like talking Japanese punk any chance I get. I'm glad you're bring this stuff over too..gives me a chance to check out different sounds! So thanks man!

Talk about it all you want! I love the stuff as well obviously so any other thing I don't know is something for me to learn about.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Is this the stuff Eivind picked up the other day? If so, let me check 'em out, brooo
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Eivind picked up stuff from Christer of Kakusan records, who put out a 4-way hardcore split with my friend who runs Meatcube label and the Japanese label LongLegsLongArms. He also got some other stuff from him as well. I don't remember all of it, but I know the Moma EP was there and Moma is a super great post-rock/math rock band with a dedicated keyboard player.

This is the 7" Inconuucl bought:

This is the Moma EP:
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks for the cassette and extras!

Strange Tales runs an awesome distro! Order stuff from him, you wont be sad!

Seriously, thanks for the extras, great packing, and the cassette.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:14 pm

Yeah, that Moma EP is really fucking great. Got the fourway split LP as well, all three of Zothiques albums (so awesome!), Khola Cosmicas debut (to get my doom on), and an EP by Carnival (fuzzy math stuff). Christer gave me a couple of other, super DIY releases as well, and some download codes and shit. Great guy, thanks for the tip.

Now stock up on Endon, babe! Oh, and there's this instagramfriendguy who makes some rad music you should check out: https://yasuhitofujinami.bandcamp.com/ I also think I mentioned Ordinary Happy, whom I met in Kyoto. Imagine King Crimson feat 3nd feat Sajjanu, or something. Definitely check them out.

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:13 am

lordgalvar wrote:Thanks for the cassette and extras!

Strange Tales runs an awesome distro! Order stuff from him, you wont be sad!

Seriously, thanks for the extras, great packing, and the cassette.

I'm glad everything came in fine! I think you'll really enjoy that Endon full-length, it basically sounds like the apocalypse.

Eivind August wrote:Now stock up on Endon, babe! Oh, and there's this instagramfriendguy who makes some rad music you should check out: https://yasuhitofujinami.bandcamp.com/ I also think I mentioned Ordinary Happy, whom I met in Kyoto. Imagine King Crimson feat 3nd feat Sajjanu, or something. Definitely check them out.

I wish I could stock up on Endon, but I can't. Hydra Head is putting out an LP and CD of it and Endon will be doing a US tour (!!!!!!!!!). I sort of get outclassed by Hydra Head :lol: . I'll check out those bands!
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:12 am

Ooooooh, Endon has some of the most intense live performances I've ever witnessed. I went to their concert split thing with Boris - first both bands played their sets, then Endon played from the floor while Boris played from the stage, with the audience caught in between. One of the best experiences I've ever had. So yeah, you should definitely catch them.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:15 am

Oh I definitely am going to see them. My friend told me "ITS THE LOUDEST FUCKING THING I'VE EVER BEEN TO" :lol:

So excited for it.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:30 am

:thumb:

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to Music