Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To This Summer

Postby trace » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am

HAVN wrote:
trace wrote:Failure, Hum, KMFDM, Neurosis, Earth, Wovenhand, Godflesh, Dean Ween Group, Dinosaur Jr., Gwar-b-q. Probably won't have the bread/time to catch all of these but I've got tix already for Hum & Failure so at least one is gonna happen.

Have you seen Failure or Hum? Hum is super fun (but sounds slightly rusty, which makes it even more fun), and Failure was excellent both times I saw them last year.

Yeah we caught Failure last year. My gf was not real familiar with them at that time but fell in love with them at the show and has been jamming them like non-stop since then so she's real excited to see them again. And we both love Hum but have never seen them so hyped for that! :joy:
trace

experienced
experienced

Postby casecandy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:24 am

Confirmed, bought tickets to Say Anything/Modern Baseball/Cymbals Eat Guitars/Hard Girls, July 10, Boston, HOB.
First three are great, has anyone heard Hard Girls? Never heard of them before.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Mark Lanegan
Sunn O)))
Interpol
Robert Plant
Is it a dick move if I say "my band"? :D we have cool shows lined up and I feel really blessed because this band is getting good reception and shit...
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:19 pm

southwest terror fest is going to be so gnarly
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby HAVN » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:10 am

Well, Dawn of Midi was canceled.

Anyone in Chicago going to Wicker Park Fest this weekend? I'm excited for Sunday night's lineup.
HAVN

committed
committed

Postby HAVN » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:08 pm

Missed Neurosis as I returned from Norway the day before (would've been exhausted). I did fly to Tampa to see The Mercury Program on Friday, though. One of the best shows I've been to in a long, long time. Beyond being great performers, those chaps are just super personable, pleasant guys.

HAVN

committed
committed

Postby DarkAxel » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Sunn O))) was overwhelmingly intense

Interpol was just fucking great except for a speeding drummer in the first few songs

Lanegan was really MEH (seen him already in February which was much more energetic and better, but the sound and supporting bands, although the same as in February, were better this time). Also - cutting your set down by a third just because the venue is hot is really shitty. We're here as well, bathing in sweat just as you are, man. Didn't stop Interpol from playing their balls of in a sold out venue on a sweltering day :idk:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I was hoping it would be sooner, but the Fall of Troy is playing in the bay Nov. 8th. Not missing that.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Looks like I'm gonna get to see Flying Lotus and The World Is A Beautiful Place in October.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:16 pm

DarkAxel wrote:Sunn O))) was overwhelmingly intense

Interpol was just fucking great except for a speeding drummer in the first few songs

Lanegan was really MEH (seen him already in February which was much more energetic and better, but the sound and supporting bands, although the same as in February, were better this time). Also - cutting your set down by a third just because the venue is hot is really shitty. We're here as well, bathing in sweat just as you are, man. Didn't stop Interpol from playing their balls of in a sold out venue on a sweltering day :idk:

Yeah but Interpol is reuniting because their shitty music is getting them a nice lump of reunion-cash-grab money. Lanegan is a fucking lifer.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby casecandy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:41 pm

I've never been a fan but, motives aside, one of my friends just saw Interpol in your humble port city and claims that they were "amazeballs."
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:46 pm

I'm sure the show was great if you like bands that sound just like Joy Division but get all pissed off when you point out that they sound just like Joy Division.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:13 pm

you forgot to mention The Chameleons, dude

never cared for Joy Division too much, just never got in much contact with the music. Obviously heard a couple of tracks and heard Closer and thought it was a good record, but it didn't have that infectuous catchiness for me. Interpol does and their music really grew on me in the last year when I got into them more. I was really happy to see them live and the show made me very happy in general.

I love Twilight Sad as well. Should I not care for them because they sound like Joy Division or Chameleons as well? Because they do :idk: at least new music still happens man, it's not like Joy Division did Unknown Pleasures 36 years ago and didn't have a huge influence on so many bands, genre-defying influence.

I mean I don't want to casecandy it and get all fucked about it. I'm just saying... I really like Interpol, they make me happy. And they were really good live as well :idk: let me have the happiness, dude :idk:

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:26 pm

DarkAxel wrote:I mean I don't want to casecandy it and get all fucked about it.

:lol:

People hate on bands that I love all the time. The same way I think they're morons who couldn't find good taste if you stapled it to their tongue, you're perfectly free to think the same about my taste.

(although you'd be wrong of course)

However that was more of my stance on why Interpol might have been more committed to playing a set on a given night. C.R.E.A.M. and all.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:38 pm

Sorry man, bad day. I did exactly what you said I'd do if I liked Interpol :lol:

It's not just that Lanegan left. the whole set was just... not really there compared to the first one in February :idk:

DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music