Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:18 am

kbit wrote:Image

:rock:

Yus.

I'm seeing them in exactly a week. Excited to finally check this one off.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:39 am

Justice at Roskilde this summer. Will be the second time I get to see them, can't fucking wait :!!!:
Also Foo Fighters and The Weeknd
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby GardenoftheDead » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:43 pm

monkeydancer wrote:Russian Circles in a week with one of my best bros. Yessssss they fucking rule every time I see them so very excited

they're finally coming to las vegas this april!
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Well, even though I will forever regret missing them with Grief back when they were a "normal" metal band, this was absolutely fucking fantastic.

(not my photo)
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Going to see Muse in June! I'm pumped about that shit!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby JTurbide » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:34 pm

I saw BJM last summer, never gonna beat that but in April/May i'm seeing Moon Duo and Slowdive :D
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby cherler » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:27 pm

Friday!!!

Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 am

D.o.S. wrote:Well, even though I will forever regret missing them with Grief back when they were a "normal" metal band, this was absolutely fucking fantastic.

(not my photo)

that setup looks dope as fuck :snax: on :snax:
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 am

D.o.S. wrote:Well, even though I will forever regret missing them with Grief back when they were a "normal" metal band, this was absolutely fucking fantastic.

(not my photo)

This gig was a bit of a weird one for me. Firstly, it was the quietest Sunn O))) gig I've seen, to the point where their t shirt slogan 'ever breathe a note?' seems like an hilarious overstatement. Secondly, due to the incredibly efficient ventilation in the barbican I could actually see the band for the entire show, which I couldn't help but feel that with the billowing and dissipating smoke + light show it felt kinda like 'dungeons and dragons - the musical', especially when Attila burst on to the stage dressed as the statue of liberty brandishing 5 laser pens about the place. Don't get me wrong, neither of these points are necessarily negative, I mean for the first time due to the competent mix and visibility I could actually tell what each member was contributing to the sound, and I could even make out what Attila was saying most the time when he wasn't screeching or belching. So definitely interesting in that regard. I do, however, feel that I prefer what I believe is the typical Sunn O))) live experience - a sticky, dank, hot, dark club/venue, so full of smoke you can't see further than a foot past your own face, with a sound so punishingly loud it feels as if there's a demon standing on your chest trying to flatten your lungs, with all instruments merging into an enormous wall of throbbing grinding meditation. I guess it's more of a sensory deprivation/overload situation. Certainly feels more substantial and memorable as an experience. D.o.S. if ever they do one of these gigs in London again I strongly recommend going to it as a comparison/contrast to the Barbican show.
Having said all that I still thoroughly enjoyed this one at the Barbican, albeit more as novelty.

I think perhaps I just don't like the Barbican for these kind of gigs, I had a similar experience with This Heat there a couple of weeks back where their distorted, dirty lo-fi postpunk avant garde edge had been transformed into a kind of operatic prog tastic epic..... compared to their recorded material and smaller shows it was just weird.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:40 am

DarkAxel wrote:

(not my photo)

that setup looks dope as fuck :snax: on :snax:
Attachments
rsz_17265045_10155888076443840_5757471143206307333_n_1.jpg
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:30 am

Yeah I think the mix sounded incredible and while it was definitely loud it certainly wasn't the loudest gig I've ever been to...although I really loved the lights + Smoke on stage -- seemed like a lovely nod to the fact that under the other trappings, they really do love metal, which I guess is a pro or a con depending on how you feel about the genre :lol:

It was certainly the loudest place I've ever taken a quick nap, that's for sure.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GardenoftheDead » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Seeing Coheed & Cambria in San Fran and Russian Circles here in vegas at a shitty dive bar!
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:55 pm

mmmmm that Russian Circles sounds like fun.

I think I'm going to FYF this year... now that the lineup is not 90% hip hop like the previous years, but the punk bands are gone too =[
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:10 am

The Black Heart Procession tomorrow
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 am

I have tickets for Mitski in San Francisco.
jan

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Music