Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Live Acts You're Most Looking Forward To

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:14 am

My friends and I ate dinner before the show....
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 am

All day festival dude! You have to miss someone who's playing around dinnertime. :lol:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:30 am

Sneak in snacks? I want to vet this properly. I demand justice!
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:03 am

Sharky if you like Big Brave & Primitive Man you should check out Bismuth.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 am

I actually have so many shows coming up:
Thom Yorke - Sept 27
Bon Iver - Oct 6
Black Keys and Modest Mouse - Oct 9
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince live in concert with the Toronto Symphony (we've seen a few of these in the past and they're great. Gladiator was epic!) - Nov 2
Patrick Watson - Apr 9
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:14 pm

D.o.S. wrote:Sharky if you like Big Brave & Primitive Man you should check out Bismuth.

Bismuth are so good. Seeing them with 11Paranoias in two weeks, gonna be greeeaaat
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:35 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:Sharky if you like Big Brave & Primitive Man you should check out Bismuth.

Bismuth are so good. Seeing them with 11Paranoias in two weeks, gonna be greeeaaat

Done. Thanks. Love you both. Hugs and kisses from across the pond. :love: :animal: :group:
MrNovember wrote:I actually have so many shows coming up:
Thom Yorke - Sept 27
Bon Iver - Oct 6
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince live in concert with the Toronto Symphony (we've seen a few of these in the past and they're great. Gladiator was epic!) - Nov 2
Patrick Watson - Apr 9

I'm excited for you! Seeing orchestral music is always such a treat in any context. *Being weird for minute -> I love the idea of you telling your fiance you want to go see Harry Potter too :lol: !
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:03 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
Thom Yorke - Sept 27
Bon Iver - Oct 6
Patrick Watson - Apr 9

I'm excited for you! Seeing orchestral music is always such a treat in any context. *Being weird for minute -> I love the idea of you telling your fiance you want to go see Harry Potter too :lol: !

I'm actually a pretty big fan of the whole Harry Potter series. Not a superfan by any means, but I am the perfect age to have grown up with the books; I was 7 when the first one came out in North America.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:11 pm

MrNovember wrote:I'm actually a pretty big fan of the whole Harry Potter series. Not a superfan by any means, but I am the perfect age to have grown up with the books; I was 7 when the first one came out in North America.

It wasn't a dis or anything. I'm the same age. You're just so sensible and practical I'm pretending you called a family meeting with the dogs and announced it. Like going over bills, who needs to do what. And and one last thing... we're going to Harry Potter! :lol:
Don't tell me that didn't happen. Let a man dream.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I'm actually a pretty big fan of the whole Harry Potter series. Not a superfan by any means, but I am the perfect age to have grown up with the books; I was 7 when the first one came out in North America.

It wasn't a dis or anything. I'm the same age. You're just so sensible and practical I'm pretending you called a family meeting with the dogs and announced it. Like going over bills, who needs to do what. And and one last thing... we're going to Harry Potter! :lol:
Don't tell me that didn't happen. Let a man dream.

Definitely didn't take it as a dis at all! Also, I don't want to smash your dream, but I am definitely not the sensible one in this household as far as money goes :lol:

It was more like:
Fiancee: "Did you see they're doing another one of those Harry Potter things?"
Me: "They are? Cool"
*5 minutes later*
Me: " annnd I bought tickets"
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby $harkToootth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:06 pm

I know those feels :hug:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Two shows coming up. Neither are things that would be "my first choice" by ANY stretch of the imagination. I'm just trying to say "Yes" to whatever shows I get invited to cause I've been such a garbage friend when it comes to socializing/music over the years.
1. Tedeschi Trucks - Got invited by someone I've know since before I was born (yep, it's a thing. My Mom's Best Friend's Son, he was born first so he knew my while I was jamming in the womb). He was an Allman Brothers freak (I love the ALLMANs too, how could you not?). I said I would go a couple months ago SOLELY because I am such a Tim Lefebvre fan. Honestly, besides seeing my friend... Tim is the thing I'm looking forward to most. The Beacon is a great venue too, so that is exciting.
2. PHISH - I would have never in a million years thought I would see this band. It's just not my thing. The music, the fans, the type of venues they play. But, my best friend asked me to go on New Years and it just seems like a cool thing to do so... what the fuck?

On the topic of bands with the name 'trucks'... I missed ROYAL TRUCKS this year. Which is a shame... I was too young to them when they were first touring, and I am a huge fan of the latest album. That was a month where I missed 3 other cool shows. WEYES BLOOD (Titanic Rising is still my AOTY 2019), ANDY HUMAN (that one really killed me :cry: , and CREEM CIRCUS (there would have probably been maybe like 10 other people at that show besides me though :lol: ).
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:37 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:

I'm going to thank you and D.o.S. for showing me this! THANK YOU! They seemed vaguely familiar and I think I gave them a chance a while back cause I adore GNAW THEIR TONGUES, and they did a split. Regardless, thank you, as always for the rec! Really enjoying this!
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Also probably going to go to this if any NJ/NYC bros wanna meet up.
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Well shit, more to add; see below in italics. The week of Oct 6-12 is getting busy!

Also, linking this since I'm currently listening to, and absolutely loving, it:

The last song where he builds a drone with the audience is so beautiful

Thom Yorke - Sept 27
Bon Iver - Oct 6
Wilco - Oct 8
Jeremy Dutcher - Oct 12 (haven't actually bought tickets for this yet, but there are lots left so I'm going to decide a bit later. I honestly just found out about this guy and I am infatuated as fuck. He's a classically trained First Nations Tenor and pianist.)
Patrick Watson - Apr 9
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows live in concert with the Toronto Symphony (doubling down on the Harry Potter symphonies!) - May 30
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to Music