Resin Cum (new album 12/10)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Resin Cum (new album 12/10)

Postby resincum » Sun May 24, 2015 12:26 pm

I'm releasing an album today. most of the sounds are from vcvrack/roland d-05 and further processed with a digitakt: https://resincum.bandcamp.com/album/year-of-the-cum

I have 10 'bootleg' cdr copies (80 lb gloss CD cover inside 80 lb sleeve with art just for these). cassettes and possibly vinyl next year. cheers

OLDEN:
NSFW: show
NEW EP.. 'EUPHONIC DISTORTION' recorded to tape in the span of 2 days at a studio around here called Brainville. tube amps dimed pummeled by noise devices. sounds for end of the world. you can stream for free here:
https://resincum.bandcamp.com/album/euphonic-distortion

I have an edition of 25 cassettes available for $13 shipped; they come with a 'gear zine' of everything used. I also have 5 bundles that include a 7" lathe cut split with Escapecraft (with new artwork) and a tape I recorded in 2012 with an acoustic guitar and 2 boss me-50s.

I finally printed some shirts as well; purple on black, front & back. $17 shipped S - XXL

now onto bigger and better things :)* cheers

BTW THIS WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT LORDGALVAR AND GIGAFAUNA, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!! YOU ARE INCLUDED IN THE INSERT ;)
Last edited by resincum on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:07 am, edited 12 times in total.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Resin Cum

Postby D.o.S. » Sun May 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Yesh!
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sun May 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Cool, will check stuff out tonight.

Edit: Nice drones, dude. :joy:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby tabbycat » Fri May 29, 2015 1:22 pm

great work and congrats resincum. dreamy tones and nicely turned out 'product' for those that like product.
are you in cahoots with dos? saw the bandcamp link in his sig and wondered if this was a joint project. am new to ilf intermingling/cross-pollination.

re the yt clip above, what was the delay (or looper?) you used? stomp, rack or software? works well as used. digital but not dry sounding. just curious re your set up.

re dark holiday on bandcamp, what is the compression on the mp3/streaming? it's got a tape hiss quality to it i quite like but am wondering whether this is by design or just a by-product of streaming? like that one.

thanks for the post.
'be a good animal, true to your instincts' (d.h.lawrence).
tabbycat

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Fri May 29, 2015 1:27 pm

So the 7" is a split between RC's eponymous project and mine (which is escapecraft). I actually have the split all ready to go on bandcamp, but I'm waiting for the packaging before I put it up as a piece of merch.

Will answer escapecraft-related questions on the youtube clip and holiday in a hot minute, but my router is being finnicky so I need to restart it(and I have to doublecheck what everything was, exactly).
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby intothegroove » Fri May 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Sounds killer buddy! :omg: :excellent: :rock:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri May 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Ok, so, in the youtube link, 90% of what you're hearing is a Skychord Desi Parva into an Infanem Small Echo Array running full wet. Don't remember what the exact settings were on that, but that piece started out as one take: the high pitched bits are courtesy of a Noise ensemble, but the chain was Parva>Noise Ensemble>Infanem for the whole thing. There are a couple other tracks in the Ableton session (most notably the vocal sample), but I could recreate almost all of it with those three pedals into a PA if I had to, it's almost all just riding the volume knob of the Parva, to be honest.

The hiss on holiday is intentional: that's from the same sample that the dog barking, the voice, and the "bells" are from, actually. It's the sound of wind whistling slowed down (I don't remember what speed, unfortunately). More or less the entire "background" noise on that is from one sample. The droning on that is a Drone Commander through the SEA again -- love that pedal.

edit: just kidding. The hiss that I think you're thinking of ( most prominent at the end) is a DAW plugin I created in Ableton. It started out as some light bit crushing, I think?
Last edited by D.o.S. on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri May 29, 2015 2:09 pm

thx Eivind!

you too, andrew! working on a 'full length' right now and your RM-1N (along with the ED, when it arrives next week) are sure to play a key role in it! :thumb:

also, thank you for your interest tabbycat! I believe for the most part you are referring to D.o.S' stuff, which is rad :) his stuff is so rad. I had a lot of fun sorting his visuals.

for my side of our split, it's a t-resonator working magic with a drone thing running into it. for the glob split, it's mostly the drone thing, echo dream 2 and goatkeeper.

resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Fri May 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Also, resin is underselling the fucking awesome job he did on the album art for the split. NSFW for hi-res glory:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Fri May 29, 2015 2:20 pm

haha! thanks dude, just a bunch of scripts tho :hug:

I always get trolled by that damn billy corgan whenever you post nsfw brackets
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby resincum » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 pm

finally got over this slump.....

meditational minimal drone accomplished with Mountainking's Illudium Q-36, Jomox' T-Resonator II and Industrialelectric's Echo Degrader. video is a VHS blank still running through Tachyons+ Vortex Decoder. maximized screen and head phones yield best result :)*
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rainlet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:41 pm

Loving your shit. The drones are great and the visuals are awesome. I keep meaning to figure out how to do some decent visual shit.
rainlet

committed
committed

Postby resincum » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:15 pm

rainlet wrote:Loving your shit. The drones are great and the visuals are awesome. I keep meaning to figure out how to do some decent visual shit.

thanks man! I managed to pump out a couple more today. decided to fuck with Glob's side of our split and layer some sounds in there. the mixing between the two is pretty off tho :facepalm: will have to revisit

resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:10 am

Really dig this. Sent the videos around to the band for some inspiration. ❤️
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby resincum » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:40 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Really dig this. Sent the videos around to the band for some inspiration. ❤️

thank you! glad someone else digs it. got some more fuckery done and managed to finally get a storenvy up :rock:
Last edited by resincum on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Next

Return to Music