RECOMMEND TEH GAAAAAZE

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: RECOMMEND TEH GAAAAAZE

Postby ummohyeah » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks, glad you like it :)

I'll post others as I come up with them.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby ummohyeah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:31 pm

[bandcamp]http://cupidcome.bandcamp.com/[/bandcamp]

Friend's band. Good stuff.

https://cupidcome.bandcamp.com/

Okay looks like Bandcamp plugs don't work. Click link above to hear their EP. :)
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:37 pm

$harkToootth wrote:The less well known: Belong - Common Era > A very densely layered wall of sound shoegaze album that borrows more from post-punk and goth structures than shoegaze. Still very noisy and very poppy. I love this album!

I had a 24 hour head cold and took some meds yesterday...this album so rules!!! Can't recommend it enough if you love walls of guitar noise within the architecture of moody pop songs.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm

been working my way through some of the above recommendations. i love the Lilys album and Rownderbout by Chapterhouse to bits; Rownderbout is way better than Blood Music , which is far more conventional. there's a really cool full-album remix of Blood Music by Global Communication, though, that was issued as a bonus disc. beware of the 2-disc version of Rownderbout, which has a number of tracks incorrectly mastered at MP3 resolution. that Lilys album cost me a ton, though...apparently it's pretty rare. Loveliescrushing's Bloweyelashwish is lovely. there's a lot i don't care for, though...there are a lot of bands who rely on shuffling programmed drums that are more reminiscent of baggy than 'gaze. Swervedriver is too conventionally rockist for my taste, and there's a lot in the recommendations that doesn't seem like 'gaze to me, e.g JAMC (which i love), Lush, Cocteau Twins.

i'm kind of surprised nobody mentioned Silversun Pickups.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby ck3 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Club AC30 and Saint Marie are both labels with a number of decent Nu/shoegaze artists. I believe a few of them have been previously mentioned in this thread.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:01 am

Fog Lake released a new album a few days ago and it’s good. It’s like singer/songwriter-type bread with a lot of lofi/gaze spread
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:09 am

https://open.spotify.com/user/ummohyeah/playlist/1RGXs6WWm0WiqjgJSxvjJI?si=nFgKNPezRTOiSWWJyYmC1g

mix i made not too long ago.. mostly newer stuff but some classics. mostly 'gaze. all good stuff. check it out if you haven't heard most of it, bound to be something you like.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby tremolo3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:59 pm

post-nuBlackgaze is the best glaze.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby O Drones » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 am

ck3 wrote:Club AC30 and Saint Marie are both labels with a number of decent Nu/shoegaze artists. I believe a few of them have been previously mentioned in this thread.

We have two releases on St Marie and they haven’t paid us a single penny in three years, sooooooo...........
O Drones

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:39 pm

O Drones, your band is awesome. If you have made any tapes or pressed anything to vinyl please send me a link to where I can purchase it in a way that you get paid for it.

Cheers.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 pm

O Drones wrote:
ck3 wrote:Club AC30 and Saint Marie are both labels with a number of decent Nu/shoegaze artists. I believe a few of them have been previously mentioned in this thread.

We have two releases on St Marie and they haven’t paid us a single penny in three years, sooooooo...........

Wow. That sounds pretty shady. If it's any consolation, none of the songs from Saint Marie artists on my phone were purchased from the label. I've been listening to tracks available with an Amazon music membership.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby O Drones » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 am

ummohyeah wrote:O Drones, your band is awesome. If you have made any tapes or pressed anything to vinyl please send me a link to where I can purchase it in a way that you get paid for it.

Cheers.

Thank you man. Unfortunately we have nothing to sell right now, but our entire discography is free to download on Bandcamp if anyone wants to listen :cool:
O Drones

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby O Drones » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:24 am

ck3 wrote:
O Drones wrote:

Wow. That sounds pretty shady. If it's any consolation, none of the songs from Saint Marie artists on my phone were purchased from the label. I've been listening to tracks available with an Amazon music membership.

Yeah, they’re pretty awful :lol: Should’ve listened to everyone who told us not to sign to a label. They have the rights to the records for 7 (!) years too :erm:
O Drones

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ck3 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 pm

O Drones wrote:
ck3 wrote:
O Drones wrote:

Yeah, they’re pretty awful :lol: Should’ve listened to everyone who told us not to sign to a label. They have the rights to the records for 7 (!) years too :erm:

Ouch. At least it's only a temporary situation. I'll make certain to purchase as directly from current Saint Marie artists as possible, which means I need to locate the Bandcamp or homepage for Lightfoils and Tip Top Tellix.

Your band's Bandcamp is also on my shortlist, as Amazon Music only had a handful of tracks available, and I would like to hear more. :animal:
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby SouthIslandSplit » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:13 am

Love this thread. Found some great tunes as a result of it (especially your band ODrones! - bummer about your record label though).

Here's some older (90's) gaze from a band (Bailter Space) originally from my town. Probably more on the noise end of the shoe gaze-spectrum-sub-genre-thingy-whatever.

Can't get enough of the guitar toanz on the first song (Begin)... thick, massive, chimey...mmmm

SouthIslandSplit

interested
interested

Previous

Return to Music