LOLDEAFHAVEN

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: LOLDEAFHAVEN

Postby Joe Gress » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm

Is this our new Billy?
awesome signature with witty quotes from all you fuckers :)
Joe Gress

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:16 pm

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:17 pm

That's Corgan for 'Yes.'
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:21 pm

Can't hear the difference between Liturgy and Darkthrone, are you fucking serious? Lost in what music, then?

And who is that squinting nerd anyway?

Deafheaven is boring, metalheads are stupid, Oxbow rules, love that heckler headlock.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 pm

That's one of the dudes from Deafheaven.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:48 pm

I thought it was one of the guys from Death Cab for Cutie. I mean, you don't have to wear corpsepaint to play BM, but in Norway that dude would not still be alive.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Fella look like a skrillex "before" pic
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 pm

lost in music wrote:having now heard of Liturgy I'm not sure what distinguishes them from Darkthrone or whatever

So basically we have established that you dont really like or listen to black metal, you also dont understand the subculture and have no frame of reference or context upon which to base an opinion. Good to know
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:11 pm

frodog wrote:I thought it was one of the guys from Death Cab for Cutie.

Given that this is everyones immediate reaction, im still dumbfounded that noone can understand the deafhaven hate.....

"Given every conceivable metric you could possibly use to evaluate someone, these guys are most certainly insincere shitheads who have openly admitted to being in AFI cover bands. I dont understand why real bros dislike them"

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:18 pm

Why are they so hated? They're just a band. People who don't like them can just, you know, not listen to them.

It's really easy. I'm really good at not listening to No Doubt, because fuck No Doubt.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby SPACERITUAL » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:43 pm

More_Divebombs wrote:Why are they so hated? They're just a band. People who don't like them can just, you know, not listen to them.

Again im not quite sure you are grasping the culture of the black metal community. Let me repost this it might clear some things up.

I mean I really dont get having to post this on a message board by and for musicians but, to some, music means a little more than just what comes on spotify while they are at the gym. Its something that informs and gives their life meaning, and draws connections to other human beings that may never have existed without it. Im sure some of you have things that you take seriously in your life because of the impact it has had on you, so just take your irrational and overly emotional attachment to whatever that is and ask yourself "if someone were shitting on this and visibly making it a joke, would i dislike them?

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

The position by the majority that "because I consider myself of moderate intelligence and rationality, and I believe in this idea based on certain logic, anyone that believes otherwise must be lacking in rationale and intelligence and their viewpoint is not based on logical progression" is fallacy and a sign of intellectual weakness. Also by its very nature is the basis for fascism, racist, and homophobia... but see here I am using that same argument to defend those three things!!!! Life is more fun when you arent a dipshit.

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:38 pm

SPACERITUAL wrote:
More_Divebombs wrote:Why are they so hated? They're just a band. People who don't like them can just, you know, not listen to them.

Again im not quite sure you are grasping the culture of the black metal community. Let me repost this it might clear some things up.

I mean I really dont get having to post this on a message board by and for musicians but, to some, music means a little more than just what comes on spotify while they are at the gym. Its something that informs and gives their life meaning, and draws connections to other human beings that may never have existed without it. Im sure some of you have things that you take seriously in your life because of the impact it has had on you, so just take your irrational and overly emotional attachment to whatever that is and ask yourself "if someone were shitting on this and visibly making it a joke, would i dislike them?

I get that, and I feel somewhat the same way about the music I like that resonates with me, but if it's just one big joke, then surely it's easily ignored, or even laughed at? I'm big into Punk and have been since I was a kid, and it was still pretty easy to ignore or laugh at the likes of Good Charlotte or Sum 41 popping along with their MTVified guitar boyband licks, and getting punk rock fashion into supermarkets and malls, and generally making a mockery of what punk was and is supposed to be. I do remember it causing TRU-PUNX to bellow "THATS NOT PUNK!" from certain corners of the Internet, but I don't recall the reaction being anywhere near as precious as how the BM community has received Deafheaven.

It seems bizarre to me to actively hate a band. No amount of Varg quotes is going to be able to justify it to me. It just seems like, I dunno, a lot of effort to hate something, than just take no notice of it.

There's a fair bit of middle ground between making a dance mix for running to, and stabbing a guy in the brain.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:48 pm

I always wonder how much 'hatred' is actually out there for bands like Liturgy and Deafheaven and stuff (sidenote I wonder about this every time these bands pop up, I think) aside from people saying "wow that's pretty awful" in a variety of ways the same way you do any other time you hear a pretty terrible band appropriating stuff from bands you like.

I definitely know I've read more about how much they're hated than any actual hatred, at least.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:21 pm

D.o.S. wrote:I always wonder how much 'hatred' is actually out there for bands like Liturgy and Deafheaven and stuff (sidenote I wonder about this every time these bands pop up, I think) aside from people saying "wow that's pretty awful" in a variety of ways the same way you do any other time you hear a pretty terrible band appropriating stuff from bands you like.

I definitely know I've read more about how much they're hated than any actual hatred, at least.

I think youre probably right. Do i hate both of them pretty much? Yes. Do i discuss it alot? Not really.

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Music