Seppuku FX

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Seppuku FX

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:07 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby fcknoise » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:24 pm

I played my memory loss yesterday for the first time in a while and damn it's so much fun. Need to use it more
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

John wrote:I love how this forum has the GDP of Switzerland in pedals but the collective value of everyone's patch cables is less than the change in my couch cushions. And I don't have a couch.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/sharkmovieappriciator
Bandcamp: https://fcknoise.bandcamp.com/
fcknoise

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:32 pm

You think we could get Rhy to mod one of these?

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Christophe » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:39 am

It showed up this morning on Reverb:
https://reverb.com/fr/item/3938453-sepp ... pedal-2016

Mine is also 2016 so I'll pass, but still looking for other versions of the Memory Loss (just mentioning, if one of you wants to sell, ah ah!)
"It's wrong but it works."
Christophe

committed
committed

Postby Pepe » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:56 am

Mind Warp (160$) and Repeater (120$) in Austin:

http://austin.craigslist.org/msg/5963576183.html
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby brecht » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Kompakt Kassette
Bought this second hand for €190. Really nice sound.

But it picks up and amplifies radio-frequencies. Does anyone know how to solve this?

This one does single repeats. But I've heard of versions with multiple repeats. Does he use another PT2399 chip for those or what's the difference? Saw gutshots with different sets of chips and transistors.
brecht

interested
interested

Postby moid » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Not sure about this particular pedal, but I've accidentally done this to fuzzes I've built when I've left the ground cable (from the circuit to the ground of the power jack) too long - where I live somewhere between 9 and 15 cm of cable does a good job of picking up distorted French radio stations, which might be cool if half of them weren't about football :(. I solved the problem by cutting the cable to make it shorter.
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:41 pm

I don't know about the KK, but the ML does some weird shit with grounding for it to act and sound the way it does.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Yeah, most likely something with the ground next to the amplifier. Check for broken solder/traces and shorts around the 8pin ic. It could be the power supply or just your area too. Try different rooms and power supplies (I have an fuzzhugger absynth that is a transistor radio in one bed room and totally normal 12 feet away).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby brecht » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Moving the pedal a few meters or changing the power plug helps a bit to reduce the radio pick up. Could it do any harm to shorten the cable from the power supply to the PCB? It's only a few centimeters long, but I could make it shorter. The soldering of the 8pin ic doesn’t look super tight, but don’t see any loose or broken parts.
brecht

interested
interested

Postby Pepe » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Seppuku Digital Pitch Modulator at eBay/US:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/282389363462

Starting at 0.99$ (NR)

Grab it if you can! It is my favourite Seppuku pedal. For reference see my demo of the four-knobbed DPM-2:

Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pepe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:40 am

There's a Pitch Monster for sale in Japan:
http://www.digimart.net/cat13/shop3580/DS03877510
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Did anyone by the Cyclic Interval? I wonder what his "time stretcher" sounds like.

Not interested in buying. Just curious.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu May 04, 2017 10:01 am

I had a friend contact me a couple of weeks ago because he plugged the wrong polarity power supply into his Mind Warp & I successfully repaired it. It was my first time playing a Seppuku pedal and I gotta say I wasn't crazy about the Mind Warp. He also brought over his Kompakt Kassette to let me borrow, and I really loved that. I might try and take that same idea (envelope follower modulating PT2399 delay time) and try and make my own version.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu May 04, 2017 10:38 am

Never had a mind warp. The Kompakt Kassette is sick. Top 5 pedals of all time for me for sure. That is the pedal that actually got me back into pedals. Problem was when I discovered it years ago, I couldn't afford it!

Oddly enough that is also the pedal that led me to a certain someone's awesome youtube videos which lead me to ilovefuzz. Thanks Kent!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear