Live Show with Backing Track instead of Band

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Live Show with Backing Track instead of Band

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:30 pm

gila_crisis wrote:This is my project The Land Of the Snow
https://thelandofthesnow.bandcamp.com/

Live I play alone using a Boss RC3, where I load all my backing tracks.

It sounds like the RC3 will put out CD quality backing tracks.

In theory I'll have the RC3 plugged into the ED-100 and my backing tracks are ready to pump eh?

All I need is to have a list with the track names and their corresponding number. I think I can build an external footswitch to scroll.

JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:54 am

Update to the project:

Working on a new record and am going to rehash some old stuff as well

I’m making backing tracks with the new recordings so I should have a pretty good set if someone wants to bring me and my reverb tanks on tour throughout the Midwest!

Once I get them finished I’ll prob do a live show in my basement for the camera and see how it looks
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:52 pm

Update 2: I have six songs’ backing tracks done. Gonna practice up a bit and do a live studio album from Tha Jack Shack.

Anyone is invited to come over to be an audience member. I think I’ll release it when my album is released. Which should be 30 days or so.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:33 am

JonnyAngle wrote:Man I need an rc3. That’s the thing i need for playing backing tracks

The RC3 is cool, and used for playing backing track it's great because for my set I first upload the track in the order I want into the unit (don't forget to set the One-Shot play mode), then live all I do is push play for the first song only, then with the additional aux pedal push next anytime during the track I'm playing, so that when it's over the RC3 will automatically load and play the next track.
Yes RC3 has CD-quality, 44/16 wav files. which for live is great! The memory will support up to 3hr of loops, or whatevery audio you'll load into it, so you still have pleanty of memory free left, if you still want to use it as a looper ^^
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:45 am

gila_crisis wrote:
JonnyAngle wrote:Man I need an rc3. That’s the thing i need for playing backing tracks

The RC3 is cool, and used for playing backing track it's great because for my set I first upload the track in the order I want into the unit (don't forget to set the One-Shot play mode), then live all I do is push play for the first song only, then with the additional aux pedal push next anytime during the track I'm playing, so that when it's over the RC3 will automatically load and play the next track.
Yes RC3 has CD-quality, 44/16 wav files. which for live is great! The memory will support up to 3hr of loops, or whatevery audio you'll load into it, so you still have pleanty of memory free left, if you still want to use it as a looper ^^

Yeah I got one. I'm waiting to get all of my BT's done so I can normalize them all; I was having volume issues where they weren't even.

Got it on one shot, no remote switch though. I have a setlist with the track numbers and it pretty much goes in order. I'll be standing, so I can just bend down and change the track number
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear