That's the right question.

BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: ILFSS 2019 Wishlist Thread

Postby jrmy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:14 am

Given how infrequently I've been posting, I really should do a decent wishlist post here. I mean, stalk away, but I feel bad for my Santa otherwise.

T-shirt size: large (unless it's some kind of slim-cut manufacturer in which case XL)

No food allergies, taste preference lean towards smokey, moderately spicy (no crazy ghost pepper carolina reaper biz), dark chocolate, coffee.

I can't play vinyl cuz I'm lame. CD or digital plz.

Equipment-wise, my wants are towards weird/glitchy delays these days, or delays with fx loops. Fuzz always - no muffs though, I feel like I've got enough of those. Should probably be bass-friendly since that's what I play (that doesn't mean clean-blend required, though).

If you art, that's always good. I like your art. If not, that's ok too.

For books I'm always a sucker for stuff about obscure rock music. If someone's documented your scene, I'm sure I'd love to read about it.

I dunno. Stuff. Things. Other stuff?
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:29 am

First off, sorry satan for my sporadic posting of late. So heres a helpful wishlist

T-Shirt Size: L

Food: I eat it. Not a fan of the americanized very spicy no taste hot sauce, or making my own coffee.

Muzak: Any format is rad

Gear: Anything is great. broken weird pedals and things to tinker with. Strange IC's and components are cool. Modulation, and reverb is especially rad. Not a huge fan of glitch pedals because I have yet to find one that works better than a computer. Feel free to prove me wrong.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:51 pm

DRodriguez wrote:First off, sorry satan for my sporadic posting of late. So heres a helpful wishlist

T-Shirt Size: L

Food: I eat it. Not a fan of the americanized very spicy no taste hot sauce, or making my own coffee.

Muzak: Any format is rad

Gear: Anything is great. broken weird pedals and things to tinker with. Strange IC's and components are cool. Modulation, and reverb is especially rad. Not a huge fan of glitch pedals because I have yet to find one that works better than a computer. Feel free to prove me wrong.

the best glitch is a cable with a cold solder joint
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby aedes » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:08 pm

I too, would like to join the apology tour. I don't post much here or anywhere really lately, but my instagram is aedes26, i have a few posts there.

T shirt size: XXL

I love pretty much any food (see shirt size), but especially like stuff from my Satan's town--any local flavor is great.

Can play any format of tunes, and like lots of stuff, so anything is swell.

For equipment...fuzz is always good....i'll add to this with a list of what i've got. I'd like to mess around with a drum machine at some point...

HAIL!

Stuff i currently own:

NSFW: show
ehx Pitch Fork
ehx 720
arc effects harmonic percolator
boss tu2
boss dd7
mxr phase 100
dr scientist bitquest
ssbs fuck
fuzzhugger ab synth
zvex fuzz factory
zvex instant lofi junky
wilson freaker wah
count to 5
malekko spring chicken
rat
tc electronic ditto
dod boneshaker
Last edited by aedes on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DRodriguez » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:21 pm

JonnyAngle wrote:the best glitch is a cable with a cold solder joint

I actually use a broken cable simulator a lot as a plug-in lol, with a probability of failure knob and and all
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Dowi wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:
I was questioning why you want the wrong one. :poke:

That's the right question.

I'm just trying to figure out why this discussion isn't about Origin of the Feces.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:02 pm

vidret wrote:Far beyond drilled :picard:

Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:16 pm

I moved into a new house two months ago and I still haven't really set up the music room but I'm excited to have a room I can exclusively dedicate to making noise.
Here's a panorama of the room:

Last year, I took a couple of pictures of the pedal collection. I've sold some of the stuff and bought others but I'll reshare those here to give a sense of what we're working with.
Alright, here's the fuzz, drive, boost, etc:
Infanem Driving Notion, Dirge Evan Anguish, Dirge Rat, SS/BS Blargg, Jero Fuzz Factory, Fredric Harmonic Percolator, ADD Parallel Universe, Mask Dark Grime, Analog CIrcuits Octave Ripper, Mellowtone Prototype, Red LLama clone, WIIO clone, Robot Devil clone, Spencer Subzombie, Experimentalists Anonymous Parallel Universe, SS/BS Team Awesome Fuzz Machine, SS/BS Fuck Overdrive, McSpunckle Gnomeratron VTF (x2), Fuzzhugger Ab-Synth Dream, Algal Bloom, Lab Ratchet, Phantom Arcade, Sonic Bloom, Gigahearts Gift of Fuzz, Dreadbox Epsilon, Chase Bliss Brothers, Joyo Ultimate Octave, Deltalab Tube Overdrive, DOD /280 Compressor, Laowiz Foxx Tone Machine, dual GZ/Fat Sandwich, BeeBaa, Double Beat, Fuzz Master, Pig Pile Harmonic Percolator, Megalith, DOD Boneshaker, Devi Soda Might, Apollo Deluxe Fuzz Muff, Klondyke, Elta PLL, Dwarfcraft Plane Ticket Plus, Dwarfcraft Total Spack Vibes, Mooer Triangle Buff, Ultra Drive, Black Secret, Woolly Mammoth clone, Earthbound Throat Locust, Parasit 0415, Dirge/EAE Bifet Preamp, Earthquaker Grey Channel
Not pictured: Hudson Broadcast

Delay, reverb, etc:
Copilot Kinkilin, ScreaminFX Uverbia, Akai Head Rush E2, Boss DD500, RV500, DOD Rubberneck, Digitech Timebender, Muza FD900, Dr. Scientist Reverberator, Mooer Shimverb, EHX 720, Rowin Twin Looper, Mooer Reecho, Rainger Echo-X, Alexander Quadrant, SS/BS No Memory, Pladask Taken, Pladask Romferd

Modulation:
Muza FD800, EHX Ring Thing, DanW Gristleizer, MusicPCB Tap Tempo Tremolo, Crybaby Wah, Mooer Eleclady, Trelicopter, Boss MD500, Sonic Crayon Hollow Earth, Keeley SuperMod Workstation, Fender Chorus, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Gigahearts A/DA Flanger clone, Custohm Electronics Wave Machine Voodoo Vibe, LaoWiz Clari(not)

Digital weirdness:
Pladask Backvendt, Fabrikat, Form2, Drolo Molecular Disruptor, Zoom MS50G, Montreal Assembly Count to 5 (x2), Montreal Assembly rand(0), EHX Superego+, Superego, Alexander Colour Theory, Syntax Error, Dwarfcraft Wizard of Pitch, EHX Holy Stain, TC Subnup, EHX Pitchfork

Synthy stuff:
Lightning Wave E.V.A, Critter and Guitari Pocket Piano Midi, Makenoise 0-Coast, Roland Scooper, Korg Monotron Delay, Korg SQ-1, Volca Mix, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Volca FM (not pictured.

I also have a bunch of utility things I didn't take pictures of. Stuff like expression pedals, 8-step, feedback loopers, C/V splitters, tuners, etc.
[/quote]

I've since added a Zoia, Tensor, Paricle, PurPLL, Lightning Wave Ghost, #rip., Behringer Neutron, and probably still some other stuff. I used to keep a spreadsheet but I haven't been maintaining it.
I started taking a class on free improvisation. I've been playing my electric tenor guitar and a pedalboard. I've discovered a real love for pedals with momentary switches that make crazy things happen. Here's what I brought this last week:

I keep all the ILFSS gifts I receive.

I don't tend to wear men's cut t-shirts.
I want to taste things that are unique to where you come from. I'm pescetarian and caffeine gives me palpitations. I like alcohol, sweet things, and spicy things.

Just scrolling through my iTunes, some of my favorite albums from this year have been Bill Orcutt Odds Against Tomorrow, Laurie Anderson Songs from the Bardo, Sturgill Simpson Sound and Fury, Brittany Howard Jaime, Bon Iver i,i, Rhiannon Giddens There is No Other. I didn't like this year's Ezra Furman album as much as the one from last year.
I want to hear your music or your favorite music.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Thanks to a number of factors, I sometimes am lucky enough to snag discount lamb chops at the local Target for less than the price of the shame earned from eating them divided by my eagerness to have a full stomach, which I usually grill with Midyett rub and stay happy for like a whole week turning it into sandwiches and bibimbap style rice bowls. Most of the ice cream I eat these days is just cut up frozen bananas, blended and flavored (cocoa, peanut butter, etc.), because I always eat too much and bananas are 39 cents a pound. Droste is the best cocoa, even if it's more expensive than two or three pints of (bougie) ice cream, unless it's that $10 stuff that has whisky swirled in, but I don't imbibe, otherwise. Any dark chocolate under/around 70% & below is excellent, and I say that after a lifetime of milk chocolate inhalation exposure without the proper facemask attire. Gummi anything is great, but never anything sour (sorry, haters).

I buy all my gear second/third hand, fourth hand even, so if I find something I really like, I usually stockpile a few spares if the price is right (for free or best offer) just in case. I take things apart and put them back together. I love seeing how devices operate, why designers made specific choices, and how those end up resulting in the sounds I can push and pull around with my fingers. A lot of this has been regulated to dustbins and forgotten lore from another era, where components were plentiful and manufacturers were doing the most with what they had, which is still endlessly fascinating to me, but also feels like a forever education in form and function. I'm less of a pack rat than I was when I joined the forum, though my piles are sorted and moveable now, and can stack like little frozen pigs.

I sold most of my portable Bastl devices this year, though I really loved them, and will probably push myself into modular eventually, though deals on that type of machinery are few and far between. The 0-Coast & an SQ-1 is enough for me to handle at the moment, though. Another cool, sexy decision: selling off my Boss PS-3s for a Pitchfactor, though nothing will take the place of chaining all those PS-3s together, maybe. But most love these days is the Yamaha FB-01 into a few pedals (Frantabit / Pretty Years / 2 DOD 201 Phasors / Boss DD-5) & a mixer w/ a MIDI controller, along with my still-beating Boss Dr Sample 202 (the king of basic sampling/decision making) on the side. Guitar/bass rig is exceedingly simpler (DOD 250 + Fuzzhugger AB Synth or Mastotron, whichever is closest, or a low gain muff & a DOD 440 filter, with an added compressor for bass) into whichever Peavey has a working speaker. I do miss my Moogerfooger Ring Mod, but shame on me for buying and selling too many of them (now that they're all scooped up, for the most part), but I always preferred to play through it by itself, away from everything else.

Recent acquisitions: Yamaha SU-10 (out), Yamaha QY10 (keeping) & a Tubeworks Realtube 901 Overdrive (incoming), and a physique suitable for a modern-cut XXL shirt (keeping for the foreseeable future).

Physical music is wonderful, especially since CDs are cheap & plentiful in my neck of the woods (and since most people are selling off their wares for small CBD fortunes), though Bandcamp is the bee's knee's, too. I don't do Spotify anymore (chicken eating egg), though I do stream all of the Steely Dan albums that Amazon allows on a regular basis.

Also, I watch lots of movies, and probably buy and sell more blu-rays and DVDs than pedals (the keno (kino?) of gear flipping), which, in reality, is like owning & operating the least profitable physical video store in existence.

Apologies to anyone besides my SS that had to read through this - I hope yours sends you one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EyCTHgSFME
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:42 pm

I didn’t read that whole book, napkins, but i did see a thing worth mentioning. I rarely buy anything new, so save yourself some $ and buy used
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:31 am

I just noticed that I've never actually written out a secret satan wishlist.

I wear gigantic shirts, size 12 feet, no meat, typically prefer vinyl, that's about it.
:joy:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby multi_s » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:38 am

for me:

size L shirts

no dietary restrictions

what i REALLY want is for next year my santee to be jrfox92.
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby goroth » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:15 pm

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear