Overdrive suggestions

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Overdrive suggestions

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:17 am

frodog wrote:Yeah I did listen to that, should have commented in the thread. How is Annie Records I see, they're in my neck of the woods and have been involved with other releases I liked. Also this one! Not as immediately captivating as the Pine but I like the last three songs especially. Might be a grower. Same loose feel but not as intense. The CE-2 is in effect here and there with both, really nice.

What do you mean by LPS2, excuse me. I've seen older pictures of Kurt (think it was him at least) with a Les Paul type guitar.

Yeah, I'm friends with the HIA people as well, so I'm the one who kind of facilitated the release. I'm in a band with the guy who started it. If you're around Trondheim, we're playing our first gig during Kulturnatta.

LPS2 -> Les Paul Special 2. (Seems to be a '90s emo staple.)
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:19 am

Blackened Soul wrote:what type of amp are you using? that makes a big difference with ODs.

JC-60 atm. I think JCs are the perfect pedal "platforms". At the new rehearsal space I'll hopefully use a Fender Twin Reverb. Seems like a 1976 model.
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby John Matrix » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:23 pm

I use a Skychord Truck Loud for this purpose and it works great. Also has the potential to sound huge and mega loud. Also works as a clean boost. I don't think they make them anymore though so it would be hard to track one down.

John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby frodog » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I have a TL too! Keep it at the rehearsal space 'cause it's a great allrounder and yeah, always makes things sound huge. Right now it's in the loop of our TE bass amp, really makes it come alive.

VREEEEVROOOOOW wrote:
frodog wrote:Yeah I did listen to that, should have commented in the thread. How is Annie Records I see, they're in my neck of the woods and have been involved with other releases I liked. Also this one! Not as immediately captivating as the Pine but I like the last three songs especially. Might be a grower. Same loose feel but not as intense. The CE-2 is in effect here and there with both, really nice.

What do you mean by LPS2, excuse me. I've seen older pictures of Kurt (think it was him at least) with a Les Paul type guitar.

Yeah, I'm friends with the HIA people as well, so I'm the one who kind of facilitated the release. I'm in a band with the guy who started it. If you're around Trondheim, we're playing our first gig during Kulturnatta.

LPS2 -> Les Paul Special 2. (Seems to be a '90s emo staple.)

That does seem to be true. I play a Gibson SG Special, also a guitar I've seen in many such bands.

We probably have a similar taste then. Big '90s (and current) emo head. I was exaggerating a little with "my neck of the woods", I'm about a 6 hour drive from Trondheim, but it would be cool to go there again.
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to General Gear