How many pedals do you own?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby excane » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
adamajah wrote::)* Winner: Most TGP Thread Title :animal:


I don’t really know The Gear Page, but I’m assuming this is a sarcastic “win”?


I had the same thought, but was trying to avoid the impression of any “edge” in saying so. It is kind of a fair question here, though, because it’s a sociological data point to link to people’s comments on pedals.

I did a mental inventory and think I’m around 50 including expression pedals and FS3x’s. If I revived the Excane-all-pedals-pic thread I might need a bigger floor. Yes, it’s excessive, but I would still hold onto almost all.


Part of my reason for creating the thread in the first place was a selfish one; to get an idea of how advanced my GAS is
compared to others. Also, “lots” is a relative term, so i’m interested to see what “lots of pedals” means to different people. I also think it’s interesting to see who is a collector, who uses very few, who’s a tap dancing maniac, etc.


The last time I did a family group shot, was the end of 2012. That photo had 189 pedals.
Almost 7 years later, I have no idea but it's somewhere in the 500-700 range.


I think.
:erm:
excane

User avatar
LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby $harkToootth » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 pm

excane wrote:The last time I did a family group shot, was the end of 2012. That photo had 189 pedals.
Almost 7 years later, I have no idea but it's somewhere in the 500-700 range.


I think.
:erm:

I don't own that many...
....but I could. You're speaking my language.
Image
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
$harkToootth

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5505
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Astral Tetrahedron, Astral Dodecahedron, Astral Icosahedron, And Astral Penrose triangle

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:11 pm

excane wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
adamajah wrote::)* Winner: Most TGP Thread Title :animal:


I don’t really know The Gear Page, but I’m assuming this is a sarcastic “win”?


I had the same thought, but was trying to avoid the impression of any “edge” in saying so. It is kind of a fair question here, though, because it’s a sociological data point to link to people’s comments on pedals.

I did a mental inventory and think I’m around 50 including expression pedals and FS3x’s. If I revived the Excane-all-pedals-pic thread I might need a bigger floor. Yes, it’s excessive, but I would still hold onto almost all.


Part of my reason for creating the thread in the first place was a selfish one; to get an idea of how advanced my GAS is
compared to others. Also, “lots” is a relative term, so i’m interested to see what “lots of pedals” means to different people. I also think it’s interesting to see who is a collector, who uses very few, who’s a tap dancing maniac, etc.


The last time I did a family group shot, was the end of 2012. That photo had 189 pedals.
Almost 7 years later, I have no idea but it's somewhere in the 500-700 range.


I think.
:erm:


Do you have a room/rooms for them?
Blood_mountain

committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 am

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:34 pm

excane wrote:The last time I did a family group shot, was the end of 2012. That photo had 189 pedals.
Almost 7 years later, I have no idea but it's somewhere in the 500-700 range.


I think.
:erm:


I *think* I feel better now? Better go caress a granular delay to be sure.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Location: NY

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:04 am

@excane so what is your favorite and your worst? Or top few and worst few? What can I say...I am a fan of superlatives...
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm
Location: NY

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Dowi » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:25 am

cosmicevan wrote:
excane wrote:The last time I did a family group shot, was the end of 2012. That photo had 189 pedals.
Almost 7 years later, I have no idea but it's somewhere in the 500-700 range.


I think.
:erm:


I *think* I feel better now? Better go caress a granular delay to be sure.



:lol: man I think I have not even tried more than 150 pedals in my entire life. Currently own 20 or 25
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:12 am
Location: Italy

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby excane » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:56 am

$harkToootth wrote:
excane wrote:The last time I did a family group shot, was the end of 2012. That photo had 189 pedals.
Almost 7 years later, I have no idea but it's somewhere in the 500-700 range.


I think.
:erm:

I don't own that many...
....but I could. You're speaking my language.
Image


:lol: :thumb:
excane

User avatar
LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby excane » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:59 am

cosmicevan wrote:@excane so what is your favorite and your worst? Or top few and worst few? What can I say...I am a fan of superlatives...


Pretty much impossible to pick since I have stuff that runs the gamut.
For most the of the boards I've put together for jamming and recording, it's actually pretty straight forward. A few gain pedals, some modulation, maybe a filter or two, and that's pretty much it.

I simplified a lot. I used to bi-amp and tri-amp with different overdrives and distortion when playing live, but those back-breaking days are long over.
excane

User avatar
LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby excane » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:02 am

Blood_mountain wrote:
Do you have a room/rooms for them?


I have probably a 10' x 10" section in a room that has those banker style boxes and a few plastic bins completely filled and go almost floor to ceiling.

At some point, I want to get some custom shelves/display cases built that wrap around around several walls so I can put them on display.
I do constantly rotate them in and out of my current setup(s) depending on what I'm in the mood to play.
excane

User avatar
LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Adoom » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:44 pm

I pared down to 5.

I miss my spaceship.
I play.
NSFW: show
Nothing to see.

((( :zen: )))

Wonderful Dealings With: smallsnd/bigsnd, Ryan, blahquaker, Fancymike

behndy wrote:i sir, have LIVED.
Adoom

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am
Location: Ireland

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Blood_mountain » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:01 pm

excane wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
Do you have a room/rooms for them?


I have probably a 10' x 10" section in a room that has those banker style boxes and a few plastic bins completely filled and go almost floor to ceiling.

At some point, I want to get some custom shelves/display cases built that wrap around around several walls so I can put them on display.
I do constantly rotate them in and out of my current setup(s) depending on what I'm in the mood to play.


That would look super awesome. I'm at 19 right now, so I just have one big pedal board.

However, my most recent acquisition is a 70's Morley EVO-1 Oil Can delay, and that pedal in itself is the size of a small pedal board! I measure it the other day and it's 18 inches long, 8 inches wide, 6 inches high and looks like it could double as an espresso machine.
Blood_mountain

committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 am

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby excane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:
excane wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
Do you have a room/rooms for them?


I have probably a 10' x 10" section in a room that has those banker style boxes and a few plastic bins completely filled and go almost floor to ceiling.

At some point, I want to get some custom shelves/display cases built that wrap around around several walls so I can put them on display.
I do constantly rotate them in and out of my current setup(s) depending on what I'm in the mood to play.


That would look super awesome. I'm at 19 right now, so I just have one big pedal board.

However, my most recent acquisition is a 70's Morley EVO-1 Oil Can delay, and that pedal in itself is the size of a small pedal board! I measure it the other day and it's 18 inches long, 8 inches wide, 6 inches high and looks like it could double as an espresso machine.


Very cool. A friend of mine kept one of those in the studio for a long time and then sold it. I remember it sounding pretty awesome.
excane

User avatar
LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS
 
Posts: 7467
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:19 am

excane wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
excane wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:
Do you have a room/rooms for them?


I have probably a 10' x 10" section in a room that has those banker style boxes and a few plastic bins completely filled and go almost floor to ceiling.

At some point, I want to get some custom shelves/display cases built that wrap around around several walls so I can put them on display.
I do constantly rotate them in and out of my current setup(s) depending on what I'm in the mood to play.


That would look super awesome. I'm at 19 right now, so I just have one big pedal board.

However, my most recent acquisition is a 70's Morley EVO-1 Oil Can delay, and that pedal in itself is the size of a small pedal board! I measure it the other day and it's 18 inches long, 8 inches wide, 6 inches high and looks like it could double as an espresso machine.


Very cool. A friend of mine kept one of those in the studio for a long time and then sold it. I remember it sounding pretty awesome.


This one is in really good condition, and aside from the motor being a bit noisy (which I’m in the process of fixing), it sounds pretty awesome.
Capable of really great sounding Analog oscillation/Feedback. I’ll likely sell it at some point, but it’s a cool piece to have for now!
Attachments
9C4ACCAE-8910-4E26-9DC4-889656058453.jpeg
9C4ACCAE-8910-4E26-9DC4-889656058453.jpeg (165.64 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Blood_mountain

committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 am

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:29 am

"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
#cultofGreenRinger
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 37329
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am
Location: youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Blood_mountain » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:54 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Maybe you need this to go with it?

Image

https://reverb.com/item/28314966-never- ... e-original

:idk:


Ha, very nice. I never paid enough attention before to realize that the Morley Man’s feet are actually Morley pedals!
Blood_mountain

committed
committed
 
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:14 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dunbine and 9 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.