How many pedals do you own?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: How many pedals do you own?

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 am

Where's uncle grandfather when you need him. :lol:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 am

Inconuucl wrote:Where's uncle grandfather when you need him. :lol:

I think he did a fairly massive purge a couple of years ago, when he got into Eurorack.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:15 pm

MrNovember wrote:
$harkToootth wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
Chankgeez wrote::lol: :hug: Maybe you should start a pedal company? :snax: That way it'd be justified. :idk:

I think about doing this to justify my gear purchases way too often. One day...

****Sighs fucking smart people man.
Bro, I know you’re a brainiac. Just do it. If you do a run of 5, you got 1 buyer here. :hug:
I don’t even know what kind of pedal we’re talking about but if November does it, I’m in.

Thank you! That makes me feel very appreciated around here :hug:
I do actually have a couple ideas that I've been tossing around. Mainly delays and weird samplers, but I do have an idea for an FM synth that I'm kind of excited about pursuing lately.

Delays, weird samplers and FM synths ALL sound like great product offerings to me!
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 am

49 counting everything thats not a board or a power supply (including volumes, expressions, switchers, flip flops, mini mixers, MIDI connectors, preset switches) and one that hopefully arrives tomorrow bringing it to 50.

My main board is 20 (21 including the volume pedal not on the board)
I have a small board of looping devices that's 7 and a preamp board w 7 pres and a raised board for twisting knobs thats 4 deep...add in a few loosies and close to 10 on the side that I am exploring, learning, or just swap in every now and again for weirdness.

Some of my friends think I have a problem but everyone else in my life is thankful that I have given up my craft beer "hobby" (cough cough...rampant alcoholism has never had such a pretty public face as the craft beer scene) in favor of collecting a bunch of stomp boxes.

Heres what the setup kinda looks like today (dont blink or it changes):

https://i.imgur.com/VDHNmNL_d.jpg?maxwi ... ity=medium
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 am

cosmicevan wrote:Some of my friends think I have a problem but everyone else in my life is thankful that I have given up my craft beer "hobby" (cough cough...rampant alcoholism has never had such a pretty public face as the craft beer scene) in favor of collecting a bunch of stomp boxes.

I’m always puzzled by people who list “craft beer” as an interest on their resumes. Why do you want to flag yourself as a possible alcoholic? Do you think this is a favorable interview topic?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:40 am

Gone Fission wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:Some of my friends think I have a problem but everyone else in my life is thankful that I have given up my craft beer "hobby" (cough cough...rampant alcoholism has never had such a pretty public face as the craft beer scene) in favor of collecting a bunch of stomp boxes.

I’m always puzzled by people who list “craft beer” as an interest on their resumes. Why do you want to flag yourself as a possible alcoholic? Do you think this is a favorable interview topic?

I will say that it is a great conversation starter. The tides are turning where people are starting to recognize that it is a thin veil for "why yes, I do drink every single day or just about"...much like admitting you are a Phish phan and used to follow them around the country comes w certain judgements, the beer thing is no longer cute.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 am

cosmicevan wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:

I will say that it is a great conversation starter. The tides are turning where people are starting to recognize that it is a thin veil for "why yes, I do drink every single day or just about"...much like admitting you are a Phish phan and used to follow them around the country comes w certain judgements, the beer thing is no longer cute.

I'm in a similar place where it was easy to drink often to "appreciate" the beer, and I legitimately did, but in its absence I would still just as gladly crush a bottle of some bottom shelf swill. Sober for 18 months now!

My pedal count is up to 20 now I think. I'm selling as many as I'm buying in most cases, so even tho I've added or am awaiting four new pedals, the quantity stays relatively the same. Added the Cooper FX Outward V2, just received a Meet Maude, am waiting on Adventure Audio Lunge and Jptr FX Kaleidoscope. Have sold lots recently, but the only one waiting to sell at the moment is the Shallow Water.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Alright, which one of youse is this seller then? :snax:

https://reverb.com/shop/tonesnobgearbeer
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ratrod » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:11 pm

I own six pedals:

DIY Rat
EHX Big Muff
Chicago Stompworks Green Ringer
Earthquaker Avalanche Run
EHX Memory Toy
Boss RC20XL
ratrod

committed
committed

Postby voerking » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:15 pm

thirty something. i lost count in the mid twenties & there were still a bunch scattered around. i should probably do some sort of inventory at some point. :D
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby rickenbastard » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 am

I'm in the 40s somewhere. Some I dont use and have wanted to sell but too lazy
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:55 am

Gone Fission wrote:I’m always puzzled by people who list “craft beer” as an interest on their resumes. Why do you want to flag yourself as a possible alcoholic? Do you think this is a favorable interview topic?

I'm with you but I had a childhood friend who recently got a new job and at the interview, brought up his "craft" whiskey hobby. I mean, at least with craft beer you make the stuff. Craft whiskey is the equivalent to watching sports. Nothing is done but consumption.

He said it went like this (this is not a bit for the record). "What do you like to do when you get home?" "I drink whiskey."
He's one of those people that does things with money, that I don't understand, so it all adds up.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:07 am

I too enjoy a quality bourbon from time to time but I would never bring that up in a job interview. Actually I would never bring up any of the weird shit I’m into at a job interview, or even at work....

Personally I prefer cheap domestic for distortion AND beer. Gimmie a DOD and a can of old mill.... but for whisky I only drink top shelf, same with buying Ring Modulators.... gimmie a Blantons and a friggin’ Moogerfooger please my good sir
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby retinal orbita » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:09 am

When the craft beer explosion happened and every Rick, George and Charlie are explaining why the hops are so fragrant and explaining “you just haven’t had the right one” I’m like oh this is how women feel every single minute of every single day....
retinal orbita

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby $harkToootth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:20 am

retinal orbita wrote:Actually I would never bring up any of the weird shit I’m into at a job interview, or even at work....

I played some JOHN WIESE and SISSY SPACEK for a bunch of colleagues once. They were surprisingly pretty into it!
EDIT: To be clear, I played more 'grindcore' + 'noisecore' oriented SISSY SPACEK. Think more "Lead Their Exit" and less "RIP".
My colleagues "generally" speaking (I don't really do this anymore and haven't in years for the record :lol: ) were more receptive to drone-y material like Kevin Drumm, Aube, and Robert Piotrowicz and less receptive to MACRONYMPHA, SKIN CRIME (I know for a fact I showed them some SKIN CRIME cause HOSPTIAL did the retrospective recently), and HIJOKAIDAN.
Last edited by $harkToootth on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear