Glitch pedal question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Glitch pedal question

Postby Confuzzled » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Apologies in advance if I'm mis-categorizing any of the pedal mentioned. I'm seeing a lot of really amazing pedals as of late (so new some have been around) from drolo fx, red panda, king of glitch, cooper fx, etc.. all have some sort of time stretching, delay, glitch feature and they all sound amazing.

My question is to anyone who owns them: How much do you use them in your set live? Are they one shot wonders or have you figured out ways to incorporate them into your overall sound? Have anyone based their music around any of these pedals? Like a glitch band?

I want to invest but I don't want to buy another rainbow machine that I personally found to have limited use.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Re: Glitch pedal question

Postby echorec » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:18 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:31 pm

The Glitchipedia thread echorec links is a wealth of information.

I've owned almost all the options put onto the market in the last 2 decades and use them a LOT in my music. My home board is dominated by glitch pedals and the board I play shows with has a Raptio and a Revolver II on it, in addition to 4 pitch manipulation pedals. They get a ton of use. Check the link in my sig for some music that has lots of glitch pedal action mixed in if you like heavy stuff.

Glitch pedals are really what you make of them. I don't think any of them are as bad as something like a Seek Wah or Robotalk (where every example on a record is obvious and just sounds like a demo clip of the pedal) since you have to actively choose when to punch in snippets of glitch. That keeps them from being a one-trick pony. Grab one or two and you'll get the hang of using them in the context of music pretty quick.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:22 pm

I think close to all of the songs made by Eivind and me in iRerror have glitch pedals in them. Sometimes to a large extent, sometimes just to add a bit more texture. Sometimes they're used rhythmically, other times as more of a dissonant effect. Live we tend to play all of the songs differently and they usually have more of an improvised vibe to them while still being recognizable, and glitch pedals play a large part in 'going with the flow' for lack of a better term,seeing where they take us.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:40 am

that MASF Raptio (99.9% of the time on the hold mode) became one of my mostly used sounds for my ambient sets.Since I got it years ago,it never left my pedalboard. And I use it for everything possible!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:11 am

Raptio rules indeed. Miss that pedal.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Glitches&switches » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:04 am

Here's my two cents fwiw, we are right now in the era of amazing "glitch" type pedals as well as multi-effects pedals which are based around glitch type delays or granular delays. I have owned most of them for a few moments, the rapito is the one exclusion I can think of. There are many devices that allow glitch type effects and many that do it well in different ways. Most of the multi-effect types, examples form2, outward v2, Particle v2, cloudy, etc. seem like amazing recording/studio tools to me. As far as live playing goes though, even if the options are there I can't see using regularly anything more than calling up any presets, otherwise only using one or two settings live. This era of innovation is great but what can we really quickly utilize with all these options. Perhaps this has turned into a bit of a rant so my apologies for that but I am getting to a point of trying to realize the lack of options isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes it makes you more creative with how you use what you have. Glitch on brother! Glitch pedals are great and if you ever want to chat about them I am always down!
Glitches&switches

committed
committed

Return to General Gear