Hey Superego owners...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Hey Superego owners...

Postby Cody_Pole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:35 am

The Eristic wrote:Gen Loss/Pitch Pirate.
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I love my Superego but I've never really seen the point of putting something in the loop rather than behind the pedal in the chain.

Mongo not smart, but I think that a pedal in the loop only effects the frozen note, but you can keep playing over that frozen note without the "loop" pedal affecting whatever new notes you play on top (at least in the mode I use, which I think is the most basic).

I like putting a different type of fuzz in the loop (for me a Mooer Fog which I think is a Wooly Mammoth clone). The Fog is kind of grindy (which I like) but too "modern" to use as a main fuzz. But on a static note it adds a slightly different texture. That's subtle but neat.

I may have only imagined all that though.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:45 am

K2000 wrote:
oldangelmidnight wrote:I love my Superego but I've never really seen the point of putting something in the loop rather than behind the pedal in the chain.

Mongo not smart, but I think that a pedal in the loop only effects the frozen note, but you can keep playing over that frozen note without the "loop" pedal affecting whatever new notes you play on top (at least in the mode I use, which I think is the most basic).

Right, I forget that Superego has the momentary and latch modes because I only use it on auto. :picard:
oldangelmidnight

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby scabiosa » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:14 pm

I really love my first generation tremolessence in the loop. Works probably great with all tremolos. it adds some movement to the drones in a really pleasant psychedelic way...
scabiosa

committed
committed

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:46 pm

scabiosa wrote:I really love my first generation tremolessence in the loop. Works probably great with all tremolos. it adds some movement to the drones in a really pleasant psychedelic way...

I really like the idea of a trem in the loop. I’ll keep an eye out for an inexpensive one.
Blood_mountain

committed
committed

Postby K2000 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:18 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:
K2000 wrote:

Right, I forget that Superego has the momentary and latch modes because I only use it on auto. :picard:

I never got beyond Latch mode. I'm using it like a Freeze pedal :idk:
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Confuzzled » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:16 pm

I had an organizer in the loop. I think I sold mine. I don't recall but it did sound great!
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear