MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby Dandolin » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:11 pm

thesmellofrain wrote:Ran my OP-Z trough the MOOD and Form2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0OvuSLnEk7/

Sounds rad :)* :thumb:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Blood_mountain wrote:Ok, thanks for the explanation. So with bounce off, it’s a one time movement?

Yes, with bounce off it only does one movement! like noon to max for example and then stays put there on max until you bypass the pedal.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby Blood_mountain » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:35 pm

gila_crisis wrote:
Blood_mountain wrote:Ok, thanks for the explanation. So with bounce off, it’s a one time movement?

Yes, with bounce off it only does one movement! like noon to max for example and then stays put there on max until you bypass the pedal.

That makes way more sense. Thanks!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby echorec » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:49 am

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby voerking » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:00 pm

^^^^^^^^^
that's nice!

i'm starting to think MOOD is basically Fennesz in a box.
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby thesmellofrain » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Have anyone managed to get a arturia keystep DIN-midi out work with a Chase Bliss Pedal? I really want to use my OP-Z as a sequencer for the mood, but I am trying to wrap my head around how to do it without buying a bunch of new equipment.
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby thesmellofrain » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Let me rephrase myself. Have anyone had any luck making a DIY DIN midi to TRS cable(floating tip) to use from a standard midi interface connected to a computer to control a CBA pedal? Repurposed an old midi cable and a TRS jack and soldered this together last night as per CBAs instructions, but I cannot get my interface to communicate with the pedal(Im sending CC messages from Ableton to test, nothing is happening).
Bend & Release.
thesmellofrain

involved
involved

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Ten times longer than the usual Mattoverse vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=944uQBwNd2o

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby echorec » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:40 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:33 am

Spent some more time with mood getting ready for a show tomorrow and thought I'd share some thoughts FWIW

The clip above shows a lot of what makes this pedal great - really wide array of sounds and textures, and it really benefits from a lot of real-time manipulation.

But there are a couple of issues I keep running across when I go to use the pedal in my intended context (live improv). These aren't meant as criticisms - more of a wishlist of what would make it better for my uses. And most of these relate to being able to do smooth transitions between sounds, so in a studio/song context they probably aren't as important.

-The buffer wipe on the loop side. This is an inherent limitation in the spin chip, but it makes for some harsh transitions if you want to switch modes.

-(Unless I'm missing something) the loop side is always listening to the output of the delay side. So, for example, if you have both sides going and then want to keep the delay side going while you record a new loop, it won't record the straight dry input - it always records the output of the delay side, which isn't always what I'm looking for. This kind of feeds back to the first point, because one way to try to smooth over the transitions on the loop side is to run the loop into the delay side, then record a new loop while the delay side trails out. But the new loop will be the effected output, not the dry input. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be great if, for example, when only the delay side is on the routing toggle would control what the loop side was listening to (maybe wet/wet+dry/dry)

-Gap when changing routing. If you have both sides going with the routing switch set to delay= in only, and then you switch it to either of the other positions, there is a short dropout in the sound as the loop side gets fed through the buffer of the delay side. It'd be great if there were some kind of crossfade on that to avoid the abrupt cut-out in many settings.

-Lack of separate wet/dry volumes (in general and for each channel). At times it would be really nice to rebalance the sides. There's probably just no place to put this - but if CBA implements something like the new buttons on the blooper that could function as an ALT switch for other controls, it might be possible.

Again that's all just thoughts on my own use and may not apply to anyone else. Or maybe others have some better workarounds. Still a really fun pedal regardless.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby Seance » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:14 pm

zoooombiex wrote:Spent some more time with mood getting ready for a show tomorrow and thought I'd share some thoughts FWIW

This is also very interesting to me.

These concerns would likely register in my prospective Mood usages as well.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:41 pm

Yeah, sometimes when you have the delay side in SOS mode settings the Drolo side drops out for a second or three until it catches up. Weird but I can live with it I guess.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:01 am

Seance wrote:
zoooombiex wrote:Spent some more time with mood getting ready for a show tomorrow and thought I'd share some thoughts FWIW

This is also very interesting to me.

These concerns would likely register in my prospective Mood usages as well.

Another FWIW ...

I found some of the issues I mentioned weren't as much of a problem in the group context I was playing in (drums, sax, gong/percussion, guitar). The same limitations are still there in terms of function, but if there's other stuff going on, it's not as disruptive to use the mix knob to fade things in and out. In a solo (duo?) context, that's where it becomes more apparent.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby gila_crisis » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:20 am

After few month I wasn't using the Mood, I've decided to sell it.
I find it a brilliant pedal, but after a while, I've lost that wow/fun factor I had at the very beginning.
A sign this "decadence" was when I removed it from my board: I wasn't missing it at all. I played it once again before xmas and understood it was over.

For my needs and way to create/mangle sounds I always go back to the MASF Raptio and the Bananana Mandalas for glitch and micro looping: These cope totally with my way of playing and never bore me.
It was like once when I friend lend me his Red Panda Particle to try out: I got these very cool 3-4 sounds out of the unit and then that was it.
I like better to create my sound combining together more simple pedals than having that one box that does strange sounds by itself alone. I dunno you, but I find it more creative and challanging.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby mathias » Wed May 06, 2020 7:44 pm

I just got a Mood and messed around for about an hour. I’ve watched various demo videos before it got here. Not sure I have any idea what I’m doing. No idea dog dot gif.

Guess I was hoping the looping would be a little more controllable / made it easy to start/stop recording and just get that loop. Instead it always feels like I’m recording somewhere inside the bigger loop or just getting a piece of the loop.

Also, is it me or does the loop lose most of its volume? It’s very hard to bring it back in once it gets “quiet”, not sure why it doesn’t stay at unity.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear