MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MOOD (CBA+Drolo+OBNE)

Postby mathias » Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 am

Ok, let me follow up with more questions here. I’m off work today and thought I’d spend the morning with the Mood.

1. Do folks put a looper in front of this to feed things into the mood? I figure that’s just how demoing for a video works best, not having to actually play guitar while also twisting knobs. But I’m going to stick a little Wally looper pedal in front and see if getting a good loop on there first, then sampling it in the Mood’s loop, makes me happier.

2. Debating flipping this for an Outward v2. I went and read through the Glitichipedia thread but I’m not sure how they directly compare. I think the other direction I might go is the Tensor, for more glitchiness. For anyone that has played two or all three of these, how do they compare?
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Thu May 07, 2020 10:15 am

mathias wrote:Ok, let me follow up with more questions here. I’m off work today and thought I’d spend the morning with the Mood.

1. Do folks put a looper in front of this to feed things into the mood? I figure that’s just how demoing for a video works best, not having to actually play guitar while also twisting knobs. But I’m going to stick a little Wally looper pedal in front and see if getting a good loop on there first, then sampling it in the Mood’s loop, makes me happier.

2. Debating flipping this for an Outward v2. I went and read through the Glitichipedia thread but I’m not sure how they directly compare. I think the other direction I might go is the Tensor, for more glitchiness. For anyone that has played two or all three of these, how do they compare?

I sometimes put a Mood before a looper so when I catch things with the looper I can catch things independently with the Mood before it and have them play off each other. You can do this with the Mood after but then it will pick up everything from the looper.

I love my Outward V.2 but it's a totally different animal from the Mood. I look at the Mood as a micro looper for small phrases I can re-record at will with a delay/reverb after it that can interact with the loops (if you want to) or the delay/reverb can effect your dry signal. Outward V.2 I use for time stretching and manipulation of my signal. And for the freeze which is killer.

Hope that helps.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu May 07, 2020 10:29 am

Yeah, I think the two things I was after (and thought the Mood might do it in one pedal) is atmospheric and ping-y reverb, and freeze/glitch + tape looping. I’ve got tape delay fairly well covered by having an El Cap on my board.

(And I guess part of me was hoping it did the Count to 5 stuff while being more controllable. A few times I’ve dialed in the octave-ing up delay repeats and such on the Mood, and I’m not quite sure how I did it, LOL)

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Thu May 07, 2020 10:52 am

mathias wrote:Yeah, I think the two things I was after (and thought the Mood might do it in one pedal) is atmospheric and ping-y reverb, and freeze/glitch + tape looping. I’ve got tape delay fairly well covered by having an El Cap on my board.

(And I guess part of me was hoping it did the Count to 5 stuff while being more controllable. A few times I’ve dialed in the octave-ing up delay repeats and such on the Mood, and I’m not quite sure how I did it, LOL)

Mood can do tape looping up to 4 seconds I think (at least 3). I do it all the time. And I actually love the reverb on it. The clock is key to everything IMO.
It will do freeze/glitch easily. Just depends what you think that is, ya' know?
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Thu May 07, 2020 11:30 am

I have a MOOD and a Tensor and I've got an Outward V2 on the way so I can't comment on the Outward, I feel like I'm not using the Tensor to its full potential because I'm not using it with a expression pedal which unlocks alot more options.

The MOOD however was a little confusing at first but with more time focusing on it I got the hang of it! And it kicked my CT5 off my board ;)
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu May 07, 2020 11:45 am

Yeah, I’m definitely Mood > Ct5, I’ve just had the Ct5 for a long time.

Are you doing freeze with the ENV loop? Just curious.

Edit: also, I have a Moog expression pedal on the way; I figured I’d want that to control the clock on the Mood from the demos I saw.

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Thu May 07, 2020 12:22 pm

mathias wrote:Yeah, I’m definitely Mood > Ct5, I’ve just had the Ct5 for a long time.

Are you doing freeze with the ENV loop? Just curious.

Edit: also, I have a Moog expression pedal on the way; I figured I’d want that to control the clock on the Mood from the demos I saw.

With a quick tap you can get freeze. Also depends on the clock range how that sounds.
Do you want to freeze the beginning of the note or the tail?
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu May 07, 2020 12:41 pm

I went the other way with my Mood experience. I started with a CT5 and bought a Mood when it came out. I loved Mood for awhile, but after the honeymoon phase, I kept going back to the CT5. So I sold the Mood and upgraded my CT5 to the newest version. I find the CT5 much easier to use, or at least, I found I could do the things I wanted to much more easily with the CT5 than the Mood.

Edit: I should say I am really gassing for a Tensor for some more of the looping and stretching abilities, though
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Thu May 07, 2020 1:46 pm

MrNovember wrote:I went the other way with my Mood experience. I started with a CT5 and bought a Mood when it came out. I loved Mood for awhile, but after the honeymoon phase, I kept going back to the CT5. So I sold the Mood and upgraded my CT5 to the newest version. I find the CT5 much easier to use, or at least, I found I could do the things I wanted to much more easily with the CT5 than the Mood.

Edit: I should say I am really gassing for a Tensor for some more of the looping and stretching abilities, though

I love my CT5 and it would be hard to pick one but I find the Mood more predictable. Or at least, more controllable.
But wouldn't want to part with my CT5 either.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu May 07, 2020 1:55 pm

shikawkee wrote:
MrNovember wrote:I went the other way with my Mood experience. I started with a CT5 and bought a Mood when it came out. I loved Mood for awhile, but after the honeymoon phase, I kept going back to the CT5. So I sold the Mood and upgraded my CT5 to the newest version. I find the CT5 much easier to use, or at least, I found I could do the things I wanted to much more easily with the CT5 than the Mood.

I love my CT5 and it would be hard to pick one but I find the Mood more predictable. Or at least, more controllable.

I found the delay/reverb/slip modes much more controllable, but I could never really get the looper modes to do what I wanted. I could use them to add some awesome texture for sure, but that was about it. Quite possibly user error to be honest :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Thu May 07, 2020 2:10 pm

MrNovember wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

I found the delay/reverb/slip modes much more controllable, but I could never really get the looper modes to do what I wanted. I could use them to add some awesome texture for sure, but that was about it. Quite possibly user error to be honest :idk:

Nah, don't say that. Every pedal isn't always for every person. Devices these days take some time. How many times I've sold something only to go, "Oh shit, it could do THAT?". Doh.

Still the Tensor is also a smart, manageable bet for almost anyone after diving deep into the manual.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 pm

I’m also thinking about how complex these pedals are now compared to a few years ago. It’s not simply a matter of understanding how the delay sounds at different lengths and feedback settings. With MIDI and ramping via DIP switches there’s tons more sounds that I haven’t even heard yet.

Whether I can learn to dial in useful settings, is a different problem.

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Thu May 07, 2020 5:46 pm

mathias wrote:I’m also thinking about how complex these pedals are now compared to a few years ago. It’s not simply a matter of understanding how the delay sounds at different lengths and feedback settings. With MIDI and ramping via DIP switches there’s tons more sounds that I haven’t even heard yet.

Just be patient buddy. Been there, done that. It will always have resale value if you do want to get rid of it but make sure you know it in and out first IMO.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Thu May 07, 2020 8:03 pm

shikawkee wrote:
mathias wrote:I’m also thinking about how complex these pedals are now compared to a few years ago. It’s not simply a matter of understanding how the delay sounds at different lengths and feedback settings. With MIDI and ramping via DIP switches there’s tons more sounds that I haven’t even heard yet.

Just be patient buddy. Been there, done that. It will always have resale value if you do want to get rid of it but make sure you know it in and out first IMO.

Def support this, Also I love envelope mode on the Drolo side of MOOD having it stutter when your playing is sooo cool!!
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Fri May 08, 2020 2:04 am

Cody_Pole wrote:
shikawkee wrote:

Def support this, Also I love envelope mode on the Drolo side of MOOD having it stutter when your playing is sooo cool!!

Fully agree, also take time to read the manual. That's a must with these kind of devices.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear