Fabrikat vs Outward

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Fabrikat vs Outward

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Pals,

I have a Fabrikat and love it, it's one pedal that I've yet to grow tired of! That doesn't stop the GAS tho, so of course I'm considering buying the Outward V2 when it comes out.

Any feedback on how the Fabrikat and Outward compare? I love the Cooper FX stuff, but I don't know if I reeeeeeallly need both these pedals.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Fabrikat vs Outward

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:43 pm

I prefer the time stretch on the Fabrikat to the Outward and at least in the current iterations on the market the Fabrikat has the upper hand because there is no volume drop.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:56 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:I prefer the time stretch on the Fabrikat to the Outward and at least in the current iterations on the market the Fabrikat has the upper hand because there is no volume drop.

Does the Outward do anything that Fabrikat doesn't?
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:45 pm

I don't remember the exact modes on the Outward but the Fabrikat has 16 programs to Outward's 3 and there are a LOT of time stretch variations on the Fabrikat. IMO everything on the V1 Outward is present in the Fabrikat or nearly the same in practice. The V2 Outward looks like it will have a lot more options though. The Outward V2 will almost surely be easier to get than a Fabrikat though since Tom's production seems to be a lot higher than Pladask's.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:09 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:I don't remember the exact modes on the Outward but the Fabrikat has 16 programs to Outward's 3 and there are a LOT of time stretch variations on the Fabrikat. IMO everything on the V1 Outward is present in the Fabrikat or nearly the same in practice. The V2 Outward looks like it will have a lot more options though. The Outward V2 will almost surely be easier to get than a Fabrikat though since Tom's production seems to be a lot higher than Pladask's.

Yeah, I have a Fabrikat, and I really love it. So i’ll either also really love the Outward or it will be redundant!
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Fuck dont ask me lol. Redundancy is the main theme of my board. If nothing else its great to effectively have presets by having lots of similar boxes.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby oldangelmidnight » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 am

I remember a grainy bouncy backwards and forwards sound in the Outward that I don't think is in the Fabrikat. It was the only thing I really liked about the Outward but not enough to make me keep it. I think there's a version of that sound that I prefer in the Tensor.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 am

oldangelmidnight wrote:I remember a grainy bouncy backwards and forwards sound in the Outward that I don't think is in the Fabrikat. It was the only thing I really liked about the Outward but not enough to make me keep it. I think there's a version of that sound that I prefer in the Tensor.

Maybe the ping pong alternating forward/reverse delay? Fabrikat does have a setting called time stretch pendulum that stretches the time with selectable grain size and alternates between forward and reverse playback. I’ll have to check out some additional outward demos and see if there is anything I can hear that Fabrikat doesn’t do. I have the tensor as well, so I’m leaning toward just going with those two.
Blood_mountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to General Gear