· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Wed May 15, 2019 1:33 pm

From time to time I wonder "Hey are there any cool builders in Sweden?" and google it and find nothing, forget, repeat. Are there any sick ass builders I'm missing out on or is this just bore-land pedal wise?

The only builders I know currently are Parasit and Moody (also some really boring cloners nobody could care about) but that's it. It would be really fun to have some pedals from not-abroad

Re: Any cool Swedish pedal builders?q

Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 pm

I was going to say Parasit, so I guess I'm not helpful at all.

Norway has Pladask, Fjord Fuzz and Hypnodrone, so we win anyways. In your face, Swedes!

Wed May 15, 2019 2:00 pm

Isn't BJF from Sweden?

Wed May 15, 2019 2:47 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Isn't BJF from Sweden?

BJFE is, according to this nearly off-the-rails wiki entry.

Wed May 15, 2019 2:51 pm

I think the operative word was "cool". :cool: Though, I guess that's subjective. :idk:

Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Chankgeez wrote:

I think the operative word was "cool". :cool: Though, I guess that's subjective. :idk:

Wed May 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Chankgeez wrote:

You said it :cool:

Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm

:erm: I happen to really like the Moody Sounds Moody Way I've got. :love:

(Yeah, Moody Sounds does offer a bunch of clones, but he also has some original designs. :idk: :snax: )

Wed May 15, 2019 3:06 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:I was going to say Parasit, so I guess I'm not helpful at all.

Norway has Pladask, Fjord Fuzz and Hypnodrone, so we win anyways. In your face, Swedes!

Yeah you seem to get ALL the fun recently since the danes toned down their operation. What kinda stuff does Fjord make? I've seen pictures of them and I really dig the look but never bothered to listen to sounds

Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:

BJFE is, according to this nearly off-the-rails wiki entry.

It is amazing this is up still. It makes sense now why my facebook feed had so many old dudes posting these now if there a swedish company

Wed May 15, 2019 3:13 pm

EBS (so uncool they're cool?), KTW http://www.ktw.se/pedaler/ (coolness TBD, they have a purple one tho (just a regular dist)), TinyPedals http://www.tinypedals.com/Pedaler.html (maybe coolest so far except for Parasit)

There are probably some other builders/circuit designers I'm overlooking, sorry.

Wed May 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Chankgeez wrote::erm: I happen to really like the Moody Sounds Moody Way I've got. :love:

(Yeah, Moody Sounds does offer a bunch of clones, but he also has some original designs. :idk: :snax: )

Moody is the man! Super good supplier and the kits are nice as hell. I think their bass overdrive is supposed to be pretty cool

Wed May 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Yeah I'm definitely getting some Moody kits soon, I been sleepin.

Wed May 15, 2019 3:51 pm

frodog wrote:EBS (so uncool they're cool?), KTW http://www.ktw.se/pedaler/ (coolness TBD, they have a purple one tho (just a regular dist)), TinyPedals http://www.tinypedals.com/Pedaler.html (maybe coolest so far except for Parasit)

There are probably some other builders/circuit designers I'm overlooking, sorry.

Oh yeah I think I remember seeing the tinypedals reverb sometime. EBS is the uncoolest except for the og EBS-1 and that is fax! Seriously they make the most boring pedals ever, amps are pretty fine tho. Rocked one of their 112s for a while, solid combo that beats the ampeg stuff by miles

Remembered this guy, pretty cool looking multi band od. Seems more Euro stuff tho https://dpw.se/product/mog-av-1-attenuverter/

Wed May 15, 2019 4:20 pm

qersty wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:I was going to say Parasit, so I guess I'm not helpful at all.

Yeah you seem to get ALL the fun recently since the danes toned down their operation. What kinda stuff does Fjord make? I've seen pictures of them and I really dig the look but never bothered to listen to sounds

They're super vanilla fuzz circuits, they're just well put together and have a nice look (IMO).
Post a reply