· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 pm

BEYOND happy. so fucking hot in the Yarea today. get done with work in a few hours, cold shower forever, an iced coffee, and MELT in bed with this little sex machine.

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 am

Testing pedals for my tiny synth setup today, and took some pics:

Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:11 pm

that is good

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:21 pm

jkb 034-iloveimg-resized.jpg

Had this all hooked up, then decided to redo into the trunk...
jkb 035-iloveimg-resized.jpg

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 am

Yep. This page is already teh sex.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 am

Just finished building and putting together my new, more portable, tabletop. :joy:

The chain is:
OP-1 > Tåken > Mixer > Mercury 7
iPad (OP-1 as controller) > Mixer > Mercury 7

The board itself is made from my very first amp (a shitty Marshall combo), which I got in a $200 bundle with a fake Chinese SG. I kept the handle for nostalgia and easier transportation.

My boards are always a mess cable-wise, but I think this turned out pretty good. :snax:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:30 am

did you make the mixer?

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 am

Nope. Local builder and fellow ILFer Hypnodrone did :)

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 am

looks great, what does the toggle on it do and how is it laid out? In the future i will need to look at having something like that done, so i would be interested to hear how you like it and how you laid yours out

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:32 am

The toggle is an op amp boost, which is pretty much always on because I like how it adds the tiniest bit of texture. It's just five inputs with individual volume control and a big ol' master volume. I used to have a much bigger setup, which is why it has that many inputs. :p

BTW. I listened to some of your music last week. Really cool stuff! :thumb:

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:50 am

thanks for the reply and info UglyCasanova, i am guessing i would only need 5 inputs max which is why yours looks like it would work well for me too. I would most likely just be running a guitar, japanese string instrument (taishokoto), synth, and a noise loop or two. The op amp is interesting too, i would most likely use it like you do too haha, as i enjoy things that are saturated by a more driven signal.

I am glad that you enjoy our music too :) We have been working on our next project and will be finished tracking by the end of this month i think. If everything goes well, we hope to have everything mixed and mastered to announce by the end of this year :joy:

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:12 pm

DSI Rev2 came in today!

All I've really done is scrolled through the first bank of patches to hear some of the sounds it can make and mess around with them a little but I can already tell that this is love at first sight. The ability to split the keyboard to two different patches is going to make it perfect for gigs/rehearsals where I don't want to have two separate synths and two stands and a mixer and multiple power supplies and tuning issues and etc.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:33 am

Really nice! :thumb:

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:58 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Just finished building and putting together my new, more portable, tabletop. :joy:

The chain is:
OP-1 > Tåken > Mixer > Mercury 7
iPad (OP-1 as controller) > Mixer > Mercury 7

The board itself is made from my very first amp (a shitty Marshall combo), which I got in a $200 bundle with a fake Chinese SG. I kept the handle for nostalgia and easier transportation.

My boards are always a mess cable-wise, but I think this turned out pretty good. :snax:

This is pretty awesome. What interface are you using between the op1 and the iPad ?

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:40 am

It's an USB to lightning adapter. I just set the OP-1 as MIDI-controller in the apps I want to use. Other than that it's just plug-and-play. :thumb:
Post a reply