Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:35 am

Zijnzijn Zijnzijn! wrote:Image

Sort of packed up but I just got that MS-20 Mini last week and I'm completely infatuated with it.

Also a cat

Got mine in August for way cheap. It can do so much on its own...let only external processing. I use it as a guitar synth pedal lately.
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"I was playing guitar a minute ago and had to take a shit...kinda bummned out cuz I was trying to get this super awesome riff down, now I'm just holdin my penis down readin this crap" -comesect2.0
$harkToootth

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:37 am

Yeah the MS-20 is fucking awesome.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Olin wrote: I'm at work 100% of the time I want to go buy beer and it's starting to get pretty emotional.

friendship wrote:If the market value of your pedals isn't plainly audible to you then you must not hear very well.
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:38 am

comesect2.0 wrote:Found out tonight or this morning whatever...I really need a drum machine....sooo I'm gonna go look this up.

lol. the Tune knobs do NOTHING. like. really. i can hear basically no difference zero vs full. and it's a little annoying that the decay on the hats open and closed are tied together, but for a This Is It's Voice basic drum machine, i diiiiiiig it.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:48 am

D.o.S. wrote:Yeah the MS-20 is fucking awesome.

I like all synths but especially ones that sound like they run on gasoline. I try to get my ms-20 mini to sound like the Trevor Pinch synth. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8hIih_wN0. Using pulse width knob and high pass lends itself well to a lot of these sounds. The part where he uses his sequencer, I just use my sq 1.
"I was playing guitar a minute ago and had to take a shit...kinda bummned out cuz I was trying to get this super awesome riff down, now I'm just holdin my penis down readin this crap" -comesect2.0
$harkToootth

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:56 am

I don't know if you know the Coil record Time Machines that's like 90% MS-20, too.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Olin wrote: I'm at work 100% of the time I want to go buy beer and it's starting to get pretty emotional.

friendship wrote:If the market value of your pedals isn't plainly audible to you then you must not hear very well.
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:03 am

Great album^ ....just saw the usb version peter released on ebay for like 300 or somthin crazy
Beware the moon, stick to the roads, & keep off the moors.
rfurtkamp wrote:I bought that model simply because I could watch the display on LSD honestly.

Chankgeez wrote:In the future people will only communicate by using memes.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I have a massive boner right now.

a/s/l?

35/m/your moms house
comesect2.0

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:04 am

D.o.S. wrote:I don't know if you know the Coil record Time Machines that's like 90% MS-20, too.

Amazing record! Haven't heard that in a couple of years, I'm in for a fun tube journey home. :thumb:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Pepe » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:22 pm

MS-20 through a decent overdrive or distortion is pure acid heaven.
Pepe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm with you Pepe. Even without it with minimal patching you can get really good acid sounds. This guy on YouTube does it really well and he has some dark ambient videos using the mini and patching it into itself.
$harkToootth

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby kbit » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:29 pm

D.o.S. wrote:I don't know if you know the Coil record Time Machines that's like 90% MS-20, too.

Dunno why I haven't listened to this before but man this is awesome.

D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:47 pm

Brandsmannen wrote:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:just finished up modding my gameboy.
direct out for nanoloop mono, passive extra input for jamming w/ friends, internal sync in jack for syncing up w/ analog clocks (pictured synced up to OP1)
swapped a couple caps for larger ones for bass boost on the pro sound output, and put a decoupling cap on the power regulator to clean up some noise as well.
:yay:
2016-12-06 23.29.37.jpg

This inspires me! I have two gameboys at home that I'll treat to nanoloop mods. Seems like a cheap and simple enough way to expand the gear possibilities

yea do it! if u have any Q's, u know where to find me.

i ended up making some passive lowpass RC filters (couple resistors, couple caps) and put them inline w/ the output to filter out even more of that high pitched hum.
probably the cleanest sounding DMG you'll find now. :cool:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fcknoise » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:
Brandsmannen wrote:
direct out for nanoloop mono, passive extra input for jamming w/ friends, internal sync in jack for syncing up w/ analog clocks (pictured synced up to OP1)
swapped a couple caps for larger ones for bass boost on the pro sound output, and put a decoupling cap on the power regulator to clean up some noise as well.
2016-12-06 23.29.37.jpg

This inspires me! I have two gameboys at home that I'll treat to nanoloop mods. Seems like a cheap and simple enough way to expand the gear possibilities

i ended up making some passive lowpass RC filters (couple resistors, couple caps) and put them inline w/ the output to filter out even more of that high pitched hum.

MAaaan you are making me excited. I have the gameboy color version though, I've heard they are worse? I'll just buy a DMG otherwise, they aren't even that expensive
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

Drones/noises: http://www.soundcloud.com/fcknoise
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fcknoise/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8cSA ... BCtQ8M56hg

fuck pink floyd anyway

Also, you may still call me Brands
fcknoise

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:45 pm

Brandsmannen wrote:
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:
Brandsmannen wrote:
2016-12-06 23.29.37.jpg

MAaaan you are making me excited. I have the gameboy color version though, I've heard they are worse? I'll just buy a DMG otherwise, they aren't even that expensive

yea i've heard the same but dunno about the other GB's first-hand. my gf used to have a color but she gave it to a friend :(

if u are fucking w/ nanoloop MONO, then the direct out is a must. as it takes the audio straight from the cart port and bypasses the GB audio circuitry entirely so it should sound the same (super fat btw and much much cleaner than the headphone or pro sound output) regardless of which GB model you use.
otherwise, they say DMG is the best sound wise.

i think also the color's and pockets are a little trickier to mod b/c everything is smaller/tighter on the boards and there is less free space in the enclosure to put jacks and such. still totally possible tho seems like a lot of cats nix the internal speaker in the process.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:14 pm

kbit wrote:

Dunno why I haven't listened to this before but man this is awesome.

Ditto, this is great
MrNovember

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Clearly I have not been preaching enough of the Coil gospel. Coil are fucking rad.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear