Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby 01010111 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

reckon luck wrote:I'm sick of endlessly flipping gear and not recording a single note. I will conquer or die with this simple setup:
Image
JP-08 (x2), Volca Sample, Volca FM. Add my guitar rig and there's no reason why I can't make some good music.

The JP-08's are typically slaved together for 8 voices/2 sequencers, and the FM is synced to the Sample. I can sync everything via MIDI if I want to. The JP-08's run stereo through the Supernatural. The sound is massive with dual mode running simultaneous patches. :joy:


That’s a lovely ride or die setup. Trade a JP08 for a SE02, and you’re pretty close to my setup (I plan on getting the volca FM soon).
01010111

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: Frogtown

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby murch33 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 am

I've stripped down to just these two as the core setup, running each through their own delay in the rack and forcing myself to not have a billion pedals in the mixer's send.

I'm still screwing around with different reverbs trying to figure out which I like best, and also trying to talk myself out of a Meris or Neunaber or something.

Image
Image
murch33

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:15 am
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby tabcantab » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:37 am

Image
New setup: Pianet T + Reface YC + pedals
Super fun poor man's Ray Manzarek
tabcantab

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Ev_O))) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 am

My efficient little corner of the world:

Image

Up close:

Image

And it sounds like:

http://blasariusyonder.com/album/dead-in-the-night
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Psyre » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:27 pm

2018-03-04 21.26.20.jpg


This is my current set-up at my friends place. Will be using it for the next year over there. Pretty stripped down, and the workflows aren't the quickest, but I've been very happy with some of the peliminary results.

Alesis MMT-8
Yamaha QX8
Roland JV-880 and DEP-5
Akai s900
Psyre

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 am
Location: South East Michigan

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:39 pm

Psyre wrote:
2018-03-04 21.26.20.jpg


This is my current set-up at my friends place. Will be using it for the next year over there. Pretty stripped down, and the workflows aren't the quickest, but I've been very happy with some of the peliminary results.

Alesis MMT-8
Yamaha QX8
Roland JV-880 and DEP-5
Akai s900


Man that remnds me of my dorm room set up circa 1998/99. Excpet instead of the Alesis sequencer I was running an Acer 486 with Magix software that I ganked from Media Play.The s900 was paired with the mighty Roland MS-1 Also the Ensoniq DP4 I suckered out of my old man from his porta studio setup instead of the Roland box. All run into some shitty Roland line mixer. Wish I still had all that junk.

Just checked for shits and giggles. Can't believe how much the S series samplers are going for on Reverb. Holy shit.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha


Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Nowhere Burbs of Chicago.

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby fcknoise » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Ev_O))) wrote:My efficient little corner of the world:

Image

Up close:

Image

And it sounds like:

http://blasariusyonder.com/album/dead-in-the-night


FUCK ME :love:
Cydonia wrote: Too bad no one here is interested in talking about "gear"

BossMann73 wrote:I didn't insult it......I "curated" a "different aesthetic.".

DRodriguez wrote:All pedalboards are beer themed if you gig enough.


Drones/noises: http://www.soundcloud.com/fcknoise
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fcknoise/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8cSA ... BCtQ8M56hg

fuck pink floyd anyway

Also, you may still call me Brands
fcknoise

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm
Location: leave me alone

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby actual » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 pm

dis page tho
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2923
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:50 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Psyre » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Aquietcabin1978 wrote:
Psyre wrote:
2018-03-04 21.26.20.jpg


This is my current set-up at my friends place. Will be using it for the next year over there. Pretty stripped down, and the workflows aren't the quickest, but I've been very happy with some of the peliminary results.

Alesis MMT-8
Yamaha QX8
Roland JV-880 and DEP-5
Akai s900


Man that remnds me of my dorm room set up circa 1998/99. Excpet instead of the Alesis sequencer I was running an Acer 486 with Magix software that I ganked from Media Play.The s900 was paired with the mighty Roland MS-1 Also the Ensoniq DP4 I suckered out of my old man from his porta studio setup instead of the Roland box. All run into some shitty Roland line mixer. Wish I still had all that junk.

Just checked for shits and giggles. Can't believe how much the S series samplers are going for on Reverb. Holy shit.


I want a DP4 so bad! My friebd's who's place this is at, has the itch for one as well. This set up is really a testament to waiting for the right deals. Nothing was over $100, the alesis was $5. Some of it needed a little work.

I've also been eyeing roland m-120's here and there lol. A 1u line mixer would be nice.
Psyre

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 am
Location: South East Michigan

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Ev_O))) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:23 am

Psyre wrote:
2018-03-04 21.26.20.jpg


This is my current set-up at my friends place. Will be using it for the next year over there. Pretty stripped down, and the workflows aren't the quickest, but I've been very happy with some of the peliminary results.

Alesis MMT-8
Yamaha QX8
Roland JV-880 and DEP-5
Akai s900


Your music is mad. Followed you on bandcamp, gonna grab your shit soon.

fcknoise wrote:
FUCK ME :love:


Can do, and thank you!
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 am

murch33 wrote:I've stripped down to just these two as the core setup, running each through their own delay in the rack and forcing myself to not have a billion pedals in the mixer's send.

Image


Shoutout to that Obie. :drool:
spacelordmother

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5452
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Psyre » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:28 am

Ev_O))) wrote:
Psyre wrote:
2018-03-04 21.26.20.jpg


This is my current set-up at my friends place. Will be using it for the next year over there. Pretty stripped down, and the workflows aren't the quickest, but I've been very happy with some of the peliminary results.

Alesis MMT-8
Yamaha QX8
Roland JV-880 and DEP-5
Akai s900


Your music is mad. Followed you on bandcamp, gonna grab your shit soon.



Hey, thanks!! :omg:
Psyre

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 am
Location: South East Michigan

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby aen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 am

Some time I will add midi and audio cables, but for now, IT LOOKS COOL.

Image
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4288
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby aen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:40 am



Umm ok if the first 15 seconds are a good indication, I am very into your music.
Chankgeez wrote:
DWARFCRAFT: We are not fucking around this year.
aen

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4288
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Re: Let's see your KEYS/SYNTHS!

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Psyre wrote:
Aquietcabin1978 wrote:
Psyre wrote:
2018-03-04 21.26.20.jpg

I want a DP4 so bad! My friebd's who's place this is at, has the itch for one as well. This set up is really a testament to waiting for the right deals. Nothing was over $100, the alesis was $5. Some of it needed a little work.

I've also been eyeing roland m-120's here and there lol. A 1u line mixer would be nice.


DP4 is/was dope especially with the bass station rack sending it MIDI CC. I couldn't really justify one these days.

This is my current setup. Sold all my cool pedals to buy a cool bike so the APC 40 is living on my pedalboard until I can find a small desk. Got some Presonous Eris E5 monitors hella cheap new on ebay just haven't gotten around to unboxing them yet.

Image
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha


Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Nowhere Burbs of Chicago.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raj007, yeatsvisitslincoln and 9 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.